Closed Thread
Page 6 of 410 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    His mom is 100...he's got the gene potential.
    Is that the same Gene Potential that gave him Skin Cancer twice?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If elected, McCain would keel over within the first year.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I just don't think people will place as much emphasis on a VP candidate's experience vs. a presidential candidates experience. Just my opinion. We'll found out in a few months.
    You're right in that people will still be focusing on the Presidential candidates, but McCain just threw away his celebrity and inexperience arguments to woo a tiny segment of PUMAs.

Clinton to Lincoln?

I think Bush and Kennedy are similar too.

both presidents right?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Clinton to Lincoln?

I think Bush and Kennedy are similar too.
    you might not like clinton but c'mon, the guy made a better-than-most president. he had the ability to do the job.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

His mom is 100...he's got the gene potential.
    Keyword is mom.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin View Post
    Amele: don't forget the journalism degree!

fuck I should be the last person to bash someone with a non-political or economic or business bachelor's from a state university, but then again I'm not a heartbeat away from from leading the free world.
    or Miss Congeniality!

srsly though, who here thinks media has an overall liberal bias? anyone? Murdoch? anyone? Murdoch?

The reasons I dislike Clinton are the reasons he was a bad president, comparing him to Lincoln is pretty outlandish. Kennedy was also pretty flawed but came around near the end, plus he started the special operations community which began it's path to what it is now.

I think the media has a monetary bias.

I just think it's odd they media isn't touting McCain more because of his Iran policy and how that affects Israel, unless...well I can't get into that but yeah. It's odd.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I think the media has a monetary bias.

I just think it's odd they media isn't touting McCain more because of his Iran policy and how that affects Israel, unless...well I can't get into that but yeah. It's odd.
    the media is touting McCain. especially the AP.

it's just they're doing it by omission primarily. (and abetting the distribution of smears by the back room).

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

An utterly fascinating choice. I have no idea how she'll do, I don't know her at all.

She could wow us all in debates or she could be a complete dud; only the 10 people who live in alaska have any kind of clue.

What a strange, strange election.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phede Mihnao
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Why is it that I'm arguing for McCain if I don't agree with 90% of his policies?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Because McCain is in perfect health condition amirite?
    Yeah... I'll just leave these here.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/us/politics/09mccain.html?_r=2&ref=politics&oref=slogin&oref=s login
    So Mr. McCain’s prognosis for the recurrence of melanoma can be gauged only by talking to experts not connected with his case. Those experts say his prospects appear favorable.

The melanoma removed in 2000 was Stage IIa on a standard classification that makes Stage IV the most serious. For Stage IIa melanoma, the survival rate 10 years after diagnosis is about 65 percent. But the outlook is much better for patients like Mr. McCain, who have already survived more than seven years.

For patients with a melanoma like Mr. McCain’s who remained free of the disease for the first five years after diagnosis, the probability of recurrence during the next five years was 14 percent and death 9 percent, a study published in 1992 found.

No spread has been detected in the three or four dermatologic checkups Mr. McCain has undergone each year since 2000, stress tests show no evidence of heart disease, and “his doctors consider him in very good health,” his campaign staff said in a recent statement.
    http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...ain-Health.php

Black Belt
    BG Level

The reasons I dislike Clinton are the reasons he was a bad president, comparing him to Lincoln is pretty outlandish. Kennedy was also pretty flawed but came around near the end, plus he started the special operations community which began it's path to what it is now.
    I think you missed the point of my comparison: guys with little experience going on to win and be able to do the job. I'm sure you hate bill for some asinine reasons and maybe a few good reasons, but saying he was incompetent is dishonest. Dude had a surplus, which is more than most can say.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin View Post
    McCain essentially chose a celebrity to boost his ticket. He's a hypocrite.
    A politician being a hypocrite? Unthinkable.

It's a smart move by his campaign, especially timing it directly after the DNC.

And as for Bill Clinton, he ran the country very well, but of course 90% of people are only going to remember him for the Lewinisky scandal and assume that he was horrible.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Feedmenow View Post
    Yeah... I'll just leave these here.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...ain-Health.php

http://healthcare.zdnet.com/?p=1291.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Fail to see how it's a smart move considering the Women voters that were spurn by the democrats were not gonna vote for Obama anyway. I'd Say it was overkill but that would insinuate that Palin is Qualified to begin with.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    That doesn't mean or prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    Fail to see how it's a smart move considering the Women voters that were spurn by the democrats were not gonna vote for Obama anyway. I'd Say it was overkill but that would insinuate that Palin is Qualified to begin with.
    It's an attention getter, which with the media feeding off Obama's every word like an army of lamprey's, he needs.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Considering if he didn't announce today he'd have to announce tomorrow (since his convention is this coming week) he didn't really have a choice with timing after he didn't declare a VP last week.

Black Belt
    BG Level

A politician being a hypocrite? Unthinkable.

And as for Bill Clinton, he ran the country very well, but of course 90% of people are only going to remember him for the Lewinisky scandal and assume that he was horrible.

It's not smart to be hypocritical of your main campaign themes in the middle of the damn campaign. I guess there's a point in causing some hooplah right after the most successful political address of our era, but I don't see this working out well for McCaine in the long run.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 410 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast