Closed Thread
Page 7 of 410 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    That doesn't mean or prove anything.

It's an attention getter, which with the media feeding off Obama's every word like an army of lamprey's, he needs.
    Of course it doesn't. who takes Medical research serious these days. Fucking Scientist/doctors and their crazy experiments

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Amele View Post
    Considering if he didn't announce today he'd have to announce tomorrow (since his convention is this coming week) he didn't really have a choice with timing after he didn't declare a VP last week.
    It's the out of left field aspect of it. Reading this morning's papers her name isn't mentioned once, they kept talking about it was most likely going to be Mitt Romney. He pulled a rabbit out of it his hat and drew media attention away from the DNC. If it was one of the "expected" nominees, the media would have reported it for a few hours then gone back to cuddling with Obama.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

It isn't the liberal bias of the media, it's the bias (and you can't really call it that) to cover the most interesting and most polarizing topics. Obama was the epitomy of both. Again, I don't agree with the move, but I do understand why the route was taken. I think McCain may have been the least talked about candidate/campaign I've seen/studied in recent history. I don't think this was necessarily a move to grab the women vote, but more of an attempt to inject some energy into his campaign and maybe deflate the balloon that was/is the DNC.

Also, on the topic of people going against the grain for VP candidates...why not? Obama did it, McCain is doing it. By doing so, they are appealing to a much larger demograph of their constituents than nominating a mirror reflection.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

It's the out of left field aspect of it. Reading this morning's papers her name isn't mentioned once, they kept talking about it was most likely going to be Mitt Romney. He pulled a rabbit out of it his hat and drew media attention away from the DNC. If it was one of the "expected" nominees, the media would have reported it for a few hours then gone back to cuddling with Obama.
    As soon as the Novelty wears off in a few days people will start to realize what a horrible VP choice that is.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Also, on the topic of people going against the grain for VP candidates...why not? Obama did it, McCain is doing it. By doing so, they are appealing to a much larger demograph of their constituents than nominating a mirror reflection.
    Biden wasn't really against the grain; he's a mainstream Democrat, firmly entrenched. He's the kind of guy you expect to be a veep.

VPilf is something entirely different. She's a wild card. I don't think that even McCain's strategists knows how well she'll really play.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

because the media is really cuddling Obama... (I mean, seriously, did you *watch* the coverage?)

anyway, it's going to get more talk because it's a stupid pick. it's catering to the Big Oil, Big God wing of the Republican party and is going to drive independents away hard. (this pick is a big shift right for the ticket in the eyes of most independents)

he shored up the AK vote (3 EVs) and the PUMA vote (who weren't voting dem to begin with) and basically threw away a large margin of his independent support -especially- in the south.

he's basically got to run the table on the toss-ups to win at this point and she isn't going to help him do that, and except for locking AK (which probably wasn't going to the dems anyway despite polls, this might save them a senate seat assuming Stevens doesn't get imprisoned.) is more likely to put more red states into play than it will shift blue states.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    Biden wasn't really against the grain; he's a mainstream Democrat, firmly entrenched. He's the kind of guy you expect to be a veep.

VPilf is something entirely different. She's a wild card. I don't think that even McCain's strategists knows how well she'll really play.
    Biden is everything Obama isn't in a democrat. That's what I mean. He has delved into foreign affairs, he has put in his time in the infrastructure, and he's almost a complete fucking 180 from Obama's personality.

McCain is old, experienced, and a hard ass. His VP is young, inexperienced, and smoking hot.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Smoking hot? lol

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

because the media is really cuddling Obama... (I mean, seriously, did you *watch* the coverage?)
    Did you miss the Obama World Tour reality TV series?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Biden is everything Obama isn't in a democrat. That's what I mean. He has delved into foreign affairs, he has put in his time in the infrastructure, and he's almost a complete fucking 180 from Obama's personality.

McCain is old, experienced, and a hard ass. His VP is young, inexperienced, and smoking hot.
    Oh, yeah, that is mostly true.

I'm very interested to see what the hell she does in the public arena. I really don't know how she will end up.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

It was being reported by CNN, what'd you expect?

And right after the speech, Larry King Live had like 5-6 republicans bashing the speech anyway.

Edit:

I can't wait for the damn debates. When do we get to see Biden rip Palin a new one on national television?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Smoking hot? lol
    She's no Elle Mcpherson 44, but she's certainly not a bad looking 44.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I love how conservaties in this thread are so quick to forget how Bill Clinton left this country in harmony plus a surplus at the end of his administration yet are quick to claim how fail democratic presidents like Carter was when they weren't even old enough to vote, let alone composite a sound judgment on the candidacy.

Yes...that whole post was one sentence.

This Hillary knockoff is going to prove to be the dumbest thing John McCain has ever done.

And he'll probably still win the election anyway.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ot-suicide.gif

also fun fact his grandpa and his dad both died of heart attacks at 61 and 70 respectively

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Lolsig.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Did you miss the Obama World Tour reality TV series?
    did you miss the two day non-stop re-airing (unpaid!) of the response ad McCain put out after the world tour?

more to the point, the guy brought one of the largest crowds ever to the Brandenburg Gate; of course it got lots of coverage.

I had, however, been referring to the constant media undercurrent of 'will she or won't she?' surrounding Clinton; even down to analyzing her body language to try and justify a claim that she doesn't really support him and therefore the Democratic party isn't unified.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

btw, my dad was watching Kudlow (for some fucking reason) and something very important. She was governor of Alaska, which is the country that is the closest to "the evil empire", so she actually has great foreign policy experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    Lolsig.
    "Senator McCain, how do you respond to claims that selecting Governor Palin as your running mate was simply an attempt to pander to women?"

"Well, for five and a half years, I didn't have a chance to pander to women..."

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

did you miss the two day non-stop re-airing (unpaid!) of the response ad McCain put out after the world tour?

more to the point, the guy brought one of the largest crowds ever to the Brandenburg Gate; of course it got lots of coverage.

I had, however, been referring to the constant media undercurrent of 'will she or won't she?' surrounding Clinton; even down to analyzing her body language to try and justify a claim that she doesn't really support him and therefore the Democratic party isn't unified.
    Honestly I don't watch television news media, the only televised "news" I watch is Daily Show/Colbert, I get the rest of my info from the interwebs and newspapers.

The TV News stations (aside from FOX News, but who watches that shit anyways?) have had an extreme liberal bias since the Clinton years, and ever since Obama threw his hat into the ring, the media has put an exceptional amount of focus on him in contrast to every other candidate. The fact that you have to literally hunt for the media actually saying something negative about him is a glaring example of the bias the news programs are having during this election.

As for the grilling of Hillary's speech, what do you expect? The Obama/Clinton campaigns were the "best" thing to happen to cable news in years, they're going to keep milking it for every cent it's worth, even though it's long past it's expiration date at this point.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 410 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast