Closed Thread
Page 8 of 410 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

holy shit great sig or greatest sig?

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

To be honest, to say anything substantially negative about Obama, you'd have to reach quite a bit. Take McCain's ads against Obama for example; mostly shots aimed towards his popularity and or inexperience as insertwhateverhere.

John McCain: Born August 29, 1936

Date Alaska joined the United States of America as a State: January 3, 1959

John McCain is 23 years older than Alaska

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Fantastic. I once again get to choose between being a sexist, or a racist.

Go World!

Black Belt
    BG Level

yeah krandor don't talk about "exteme liberal bias" if you don't pay attention to the shit, because you're showing that you aren't aware of who Joe Scarborough broadcasts for and who Bill Kristol writes for. let's not mention the general media asskissing during the early stages of the Iraq war, and let's definitely not mention the bullshit madrassa/rev wright/bill ayers/etc stuff this season.

Yes, MSNBC and to a lesser extend CNN lean liberal. Fox and radio in general lean conservative. Newspapers lean regionally; Newscorp has a strong print presence. Drudge is conservative and that's arguably the biggest internet political news site while politico is popular on the other side.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daimen-G View Post
    John McCain: Born August 29, 1936

Date Alaska joined the United States of America as a State: January 3, 1959

John McCain is 23 years older than Alaska
    rofl

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The TV News stations (aside from FOX News, but who watches that shit anyways?) have had an extreme liberal bias since the Clinton years...
    cutting it off here.

three quick names:

Rupert Murdoch
    Disney
    Time Warner

the only TV news broadcast group that has anything even approaching a liberal bent is MSNBC, and that's only because they have positioned several shows -specifically- to target FOX with liberal alternatives. (and still carry several non-liberal shows: Morning Joe, etc.)

the fucking Associated Press is run as a propaganda arm of the republican party, so no bullshit about liberal media please.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin View Post
    yeah krandor don't talk about "exteme liberal bias" if you don't pay attention to the shit, because you're showing that you aren't aware of who Joe Scarborough broadcasts for and who Bill Kristol writes for. let's not mention the general media asskissing during the early stages of the Iraq war, and let's definitely not mention the bullshit madrassa/rev wright/bill ayers/etc stuff this season.

Yes, MSNBC and to a lesser extend CNN lean liberal. Fox and radio in general lean conservative. Newspapers lean regionally; Newscorp has a strong print presence. Drudge is conservative and that's arguably the biggest internet political news site while politico is popular on the other side.
    politico isn't liberal either. (although it's not as bad as drudge) and CNN is owned by Time Warner, who is on the wrong side of Net neutrality and therefore; not liberal.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

O c'mon, CNN isn't liberal because they are owned by time warner? Are you fucking kidding. I guess ESPN is cartoony because they are owned by disney? CNN is pretty god damned liberal, they'll report on both sides, and not half as bad as fox, but they lean left. Your reaching really far to pull that out of the air.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Obama isn't experienced enough guys. If McCain wins he'll make sure he lives long enough to mold Palin in Bush's image. Seriously, Republicans are fucking incredible. They can spit in your face and then say it was a matter of national security afterwards and still win.

EDIT: People need to sftu about FOX, shit is just as credible as Wolf Blitzer is about licking liberal nuts. Meaning all media have their own agenda.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    O c'mon, CNN isn't liberal because they are owned by time warner? Are you fucking kidding. I guess ESPN is cartoony because they are owned by disney? CNN is pretty god damned liberal, they'll report on both sides, and not half as bad as fox, but they lean left. Your reaching really far to pull that out of the air.
    because a news broadcast agency that characterizes Clarke's question about McCain as "swiftboating" is really liberal right?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Have you watched CNN over the past 5 years? Even Fox can criticize a republican, doesn't make them liberal. You're still reaching for straws. Or better correlation, you are reaching into a big pot of vegetable soup, pulling out a bean, and saying it's chilli.

I can't understand how anyone can say "Liberal Media" with a straight face when the slightest Obama slipup makes top news on every single channel. I'm sorry, but I didn't hear much about John Hagee and "CATHOLIC CHURCH = THE GREAT WHORE, GAYS CAUSED 9/11", but Jeremiah Wright makes one speech that admonishes America and all of the sudden "BARACK OBAMA LOUIS FARRAKHAN BFFS?!"

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

As I said, that has nothing to do with liberal media or bias (no clue why it was even brought up), but the fact that Obama has reached a rockstar celebrity status. Obama is both interesting and polarizing, therefore, everyone Liberal or COnservative or no Bias will cover him. He gets ratings. McCain had nothing polarizing or interesting about him. He's the least talked about major party candidate I can recall.

Sagacious Sundi

What is this shit? On 1 hand there's a partially black guy and a Catholic, and on the other one a woman? Dammit, America. You used to make me go "Fuck yeah!" but now you make me go "Fuck you."

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Choosing Palin as a VP seems like nothing more than a desperate cry for attention to me.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Choosing Palin as a VP seems like nothing more than a desperate cry for attention to me.
    Time for the 'early morning meeting'. v(^.^)v

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Have you watched CNN over the past 5 years? Even Fox can criticize a republican, doesn't make them liberal. You're still reaching for straws. Or better correlation, you are reaching into a big pot of vegetable soup, pulling out a bean, and saying it's chilli.
    There's a difference between Slander and Criticism.

how about 966 beans?[1]*

*disclaimer; yes, it's a 501(c) dedicated to exposing conservative misinformation in US Media; so it has a liberal slant. the point is, conservatives aren't going to go a station and say 'this has a conservative bent, that doesn't. etc' they're going to go to a station and point out the liberal bias of programs on stations like MSNBC. the facts are still the facts etc.

I think Paul got the least media coverage aside from it being negative or slanted against him, but that was probably because he doesn't want to prop up Israel any longer.

If this bitch isn't a dumb or annoying cunt like Hillary this could be a good move. Hillary puts people off by just opening her mouth, that's not what McCain needs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think liberal or conservative media necessarily means favoritism during elections.

It means the kinds of things they report and the spin they put on it, not who they make look good or bad.

A scandal is a scandal, ratings are ratings. Obama or McCain, if they can sensationalize it, it'll go on the air.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 410 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast