+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Phantasy Star Universe?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Phantasy Star Universe?

I've wanted to try this MMORPG for awhile, and I'm actually thinking about picking it up next weekend, any opinions on it?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

It was "Ok" at the start, but sega sort of failed on it with the slow updates/bug fixes.. then hackings on it...

If you play the Jp side its decent but the US side sort of... died ;/

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I played it quite a bit when it first came out. It's fun, but a little repetitive. I quit because they were releasing content very slowly and I just ran out of things to do. I've actually been thinking of buying another month and seeing how it's doing now that they've had time to get things released.

Tried it at a friend's place, hated it. It seemed to make very little sense.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sucks.

It's terrible, don't do it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yea I liked it at first because I used to play pso and v2 before dreamcast borked but the releases really were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too slow. I don't know how it is now but if hacking's running rampart then it seems like a repeat of pso and v2 all over again D:. I did like those challenge stages though for weapons and stuff ;\.

The things I liked most about the game were pretty much the dress up shit and being able to decorate your room and raising your mag etc D:. It's fun in it's own way, if sega bothered to maintain it better.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I still play it but only because it's a casual game for me to pick up, do shit and log off when I don't feel like playing anymore. It's a bit repetitive sure but playing with friends sorta helps with that. If you don't make any friends, it's very easy to get bored very fast. Only problem with that'll be is if your friends are willing to play a lowbie char with you because the first 50 levels are a bit of a pain in the ass until you can start doing missions that'll help put the game's currency in your pocket.

Honestly my only gripe with this game is Sega's incompetance with shit especially with the last couple of months U.S but they still do update it and probably won't stop until atleast the end of the year.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

Last I heard, the PC version is hacked to shit + the community sucks. If you really wanna play it, go for the 360 version.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I bought it at release expecting it to be awesome sauce like PSO was but it really let me down.

I didn't play it at all and never plan to.

Don't get it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It's beyond horrible and, if you have played any other "real" mmo before, your gonna hate it. It's prolly enjoyable to those who experience it as their first mmo ancounter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    It was "Ok" at the start, but sega sort of failed on it with the slow updates/bug fixes.. then hackings on it...

If you play the Jp side its decent but the US side sort of... died ;/
    Yea, i occasionally play on my 360 still. It was a good game and had very very high potential with the voice chat etc, but SEGA was slow as shit at fixing and/or Adding anything. 8 months after the open beta, no new content was added as they had promised. I believe it took them a full year before adding any content outside of Beta. It wouldn't have bugged me so much had they not said they were going to add it and if they had fixed some of the chat bugs.

I still play my old Dreamcast & Gamecube Phantasy Star Online. One of the better MMOs of its time in my opinion, it's just sad to see this installment suck so much ass.

On the bright side, I heard rumors they're releasing it for the PSP and will allow Ad-Hoc multiplayer, which would kick assssssss.

Coke of Vanilla
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

I currently play on the JP servers and it is way better than the NA servers. There's at least a larger population to find random people at random missions instead of the hotspot. Hacking is fixed quickly. We're getting way too many events which is really spoiling us with like +300% exp and increase rares and meseta drops. I still think the game is now easy after the release of the expansion or the masterclasses. <3 Gunmaster.

I do remember meeting Gulkeeva once on Moatoob on the NA side. lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I might pick it back up a bit then and see. I had gotten fed up when I was at level cap and nothing new had been added for so long. Almost felt like another SE mmo...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

with the original games being my absolute favorite series ever i was pretty disappointed with universe... could've been a lot more (when it was announced i was really hoping for an ffxi ripoff) =/

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Last I heard, the PC version is hacked to shit + the community sucks. If you really wanna play it, go for the 360 version.
    If you really want to play it (for free) just wait for a english patch to come out for Phantasy Star Portable on the PSP

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Take some of these people's advice. This game is/was/will always be terrible.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

its really more of a Multiplayer Game with a Big lobby than a MMO

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

We can all just pretend like it was never made and just remember the fun times we had with PSO.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Did the expansion come with a serial? I know the original version didn't, so if you really wanna try it for 45 days or whatever, it's $10.