+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

What exactly are asian drivers like? O.O In my town there are probably 7 asian people and I've never seen em drive. Don't recall noticing them driving in Boston either.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

people who stop at yield signs when there's no one anywhere around for hundreds of feet

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok so I'm from northern NJ originally and the koreans there SUCK at driving, they are horrible. I don't care for old people either. I'm 16 now, 17 in like 5 days, I got my permit on my birthday, and my license 8 months afterwards. I live in Upstate NY now so even though I don't have to deal with the traffic in big cities(I have driven on alot of highways in NJ as we go down thre alot) I have snow, and lot's of it. I try not to be part of the statistic D:

Quote Originally Posted by Creeps View Post
    people who stop at yield signs when there's no one anywhere around for hundreds of feet
    THANK YOU

I have a yield sign on the one street that's not a major road here that goes on to my street, and I swear every single fucking person stops at it regardless of traffic, I've actually gotten an angry phone call cause I didn't stop, it was pretty fucking annoying...

Also fuck your MPH speeds, in other news, I speed like a moron but I've never been pulled over (I know how to scan for cops, and I know the city well enough), and I don't cut people off (if I'm passing you I'm going faster by enough that in no way could it be considered cutting you off) and don't get mad or anything when people don't speed, I've never been in a situation where I was close to being in an accident (that involved speeding, one guy tried to change into my lane once with another car beside me, cop pulled him over lol) and stop speeding when traffic is busy enough that speeding would get me/other people hurt

Worst drivers are indeed people who don't signal though, fuck you for slowing me down, I can turn right if you're turning left and take forever and a bit to go through the intersection and turn your signal on after I can already see that you're fucking turning

netz

Quote Originally Posted by Arachna View Post
    Finally, one thing that really annoys me is cyclists. A lot of them completely slow down traffic as they take up too much space in the lane and its unnecessary given that they could use the footpath a metre away from the road.
    A lot of them are jerks (especially the fuckers who ride double and triple wide), but you don't ride on sidewalks.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

People who do not accelerate to speed when using an on ramp to get on a highway, those people who also can't fucking figure out where their turn signal is.

netz

Oh, I just thought of something that I do that probably sends certain types of people spiraling into blind rage.

On highways where the traffic has become stop-and-go (MassPike westbound at I-84 interchange, I'm looking at you...) I try to create a large enough buffer so that I can continue rolling and never stop. Technically, I don't think it makes a difference in the travel time for myself and everyone around me if I do this, but I prefer to be rolling along at a low speed that the highway can support when badly congested (20-30mph) rather than stopped or constantly braking.

Unfortunately, people jockeying for lane position completely ruin this strategy -- they see a huge gap and feel the need to jam themselves into it.

The worst kind of drivers are those who have never ridden a motorcycle on the street. Everyone should be required to take some sort of education regarding motorcycles, cause there's been plenty of times when people just "i forgot he was there" or "i didn't see him".

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I answer my phone on the road. If someone calls me, I only drive with 1 hand ever anyway so I just pick up and answer. I don't get super distracted while talking & driving, nor do I have voicemail etc.

On the other hand however, I never make a phone call while driving, only answer.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have to drive over a mountain to get to work everyday. Why is it that people insist on going 40-45 in a 55 down the mountain, until it's the passing lane when they suddenly find their speed and go 60+ and brake when the passing lane ends.

I've encountered this pretty much every time I've worked, and it royally pisses me off. Them going 10mph under the speed limit isn't what irks me, it's the fact that I have to ride my brakes (even after putting it in 3rd or 4th) all the way down just so gravity doesn't slam me into them.

I wish I could make these people pay for my new rotors.

The redneck trucks are the next ones on my list. The ones that constantly drive on the wrong side of the road, because they spend more time looking every direction, except the way they are going, for deer. It's always "fun" to see how well my car does offroad when these pricks are around.

Oh, oh, new one, people who insist on following the suggested speed limit on on/off ramps when they're in a compact vehicle, I have shitty tires (14 year old vehicle) and I can pull off double the suggested speed on those ramps, your brand new car with your stupid GPS and push button engine start should be able to pull it off too

Worst type: Distracted drivers. Absorbed in cellphone conversation, digging through a bag of food, putting on make-up... These are usually the people that wander over the lines while driving and make me very nervous.

Most annoying type: I drive mostly at night, well after the sun is down. Large vehicles tailgating me with lights that are even with my back window drive me nuts. They make it so I can't see a thing out any of my rear-view mirrors and distract (blind) me pretty bad. Motorcycles are bad at this too. I've noticed that a lot of them have headlights that are pointed up more than cars, so they hit my mirrors also.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

the Milanese are the WORST drivers in the world, hands down

people who brake at GREEN LIGHTS

slow people who drive in the left lane on I-95

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    People who slow, slow, slow.. then STOP... to take a turn. Off of a busy road / main road / highway... what the hell, your tiny car can take that turn at 40, and you're stopping to a standstill to do it. Move the hell out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachna
    - People who can't/won't signal. Fuck you, I can't read your thoughts.
    - People who should give way but don't.
    - People who can't park properly. I shouldn't have to enter my car via the passenger side because you seem to think I'm Gumby and a 10CM gap between my door and your car is wide enough.
    These pretty much.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

During my first job when I was on the road a lot I got really pissed off a lot at people tailgaiting me with their lights blinding me. I actually had someone notice he was too close so he didn't blind me then break a bit and flash his lights. This was on a 2-lane road with the other lane being pretty busy with trucks and I wasn't about to fit my car in between 80-90km/h trucks on a 120km/h highway. I was driving 130km/h myself at the time and especially since he pissed me off I wasn't gonna go drive any faster. Then when I got to the point I could go to the right lane he passed me and being pissed off as I was I got back to his lane and flashed him right back and flipped him off. He slammed the brakes driving 100km/h in front of me till I indicated I was going to pass him (on the right, he was driving needlessly on the left) then he went off going 140-150km/h.

I seriously hate people who drive on the left side of the road going 140km/h then like 100m before their exit skip anywhere from 2 to 4 lanes to take their exit. I see that so often by BMW, Mercedes, VW Passat drivers (basicly businessmen).

These days I'm a lot more chilled when driving, I don't really flip people off anymore if they are being asses. I do tend to say things like 'what a dumbass' in my car while driving tho but I drive alone most of the time

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I was just hit by an old lady yesterday. Thankfully there was no damage to my rear bumper and no one was hurt, but she tried to say that I put my car in reverse and ran into her while I was sitting at a red light.

Out of the three times I've been hit, 2 of them have been old people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5