• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Fantasy Football: Play 'em or Bench 'em Discussion!

Use this thread to discuss Fantasy Football player discussion.

You can also talk about prospective and under-the-radar players. Think of it as a resource for fantasy football players.

I have Romo as my starting QB and Cutler on the bench. I honestly expect Cutler to smoke Oakland, but then again it's Romo against a not so great Cleveland Secondary, so I'm keeping Romo at the helm.

Chris Perry is actually expected to do some pretty decent things for the Bengals this season. However I have Reggie Bush as a starter right now (Addai is my other RB and I'm damn well keeping him there). As a RB, Bush isn't known to churn out premier RB style numbers in fantasy. Bush will be up against a most-likely going to be solid Tampa defense, whereas Perry will be up against a very questionable Ravens defense (we all know how shitty the Ravens D did last season). Since nothing is sure about Perry yet I'm keeping Bush as my second starting RB.

Discuss

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Keep Perry on the bench for now. Do know that Watson is hurt and may not play Sunday though - that would mean 15~ carries or more for Perry.

Sorry you have Reggie

Well let's see for me, some tough decisions I made...

In my money league I had LT as my #1 RB, and Brandon Jacobs and Michael Turner for my #2. After debating all week I thought both would have good games, the Giants generally are able to run all over the skins but I finally let how horrible the lions D-line is convince me to start Turner. Jacobs did really good tonight getting over 100 yards, but since he got no TD's I think I'm happy with starting Turner, as I expect him to get at least 15 points vs the lions.

Other tough choices... with Steve Smith suspended, my WR#3 was between Javon Walker and Eddie Royal, decided to go with Royal. Oakland is pretty bad and I think the Broncos will be able to throw pretty easily against them.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Kurt Warner vs Carson Palmer....

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

the raiders actually have one of the best secondaries in the league. i swear Nnamdi Asomugha is the most slept on player in the league, DH is overrated but still better than most and gibril wilson and michael huff are a nice pair of safeties. with no brandon marshall they only have to deal with darrel jackson, brandon stokely and eddie royal, shouldnt be too bad. all depends on their pass rush though, cant keep people covered forever

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Seattle D. against Buffalo

or

Tampa D. against NO.

I have Seattle as the starter for now.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Ben Utecht vs Todd Heap?

I figure Flacco won't do so hot, so I started Utecht who should be wide open at all times with Ocho Cinco and Housh being covered.

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Derek Anderson v. Marc Bulger? Anderson coming off a concussion.. and facing a great secondary in Dallas.

Lee Evans v. Chris Perry. Its for the WR/RB slot.. Evans hasn't been too great, Perry will be getting alot of touches this week.

I'd go with Perry, he should at least get some decent points, I don't see Evans going over 10.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

@ Dahaan - seattle D is one of the best fantasy wise, ball hawk secondary and Kerney & Tapp are sack machines.

@ Headspace - from a fantasy standpoint todd heap is the definition of over rated, all things considered utecht isnt exactly a big thread himself. i would still probably go with utecht just because he will have a much better qb,

@ sekaran - eagles secondary is just as good as dallas if not better, anderson has more pass catching weapons than bulger but the eagles will be stacking the box against steven jackson leaving less double coverage on holt. really you could flip a coin on this, id probably go with anderson though just because he likes to run it in when they are inside the 5.

i'd also go with perry over evans. evans is interesting cuz hes such a great threat but trent edwards isnt really throwing bombs, at least he wasnt last year. evans will probably suffer until JP is taking snaps in buffalo again. i would go with perry based on the amount of touches he will get alone. hes also a good pass catching RB which is huge in PPR leagues.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Here's a good one:

Reggie Brown, Deion Branch, or Javon Walker as my WR/T spot?

They are all questionable with nagging injuries. I guess I'll have to keep track as Sunday approaches for status.

Antonio Gates (said he wouldnt start game but would play) or Greg Olsen?

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Gates. Lol Orton.

so glad i decided to sit campbell instead of brees this week. that giants D was just brutal against the redskins

edit: oh and there's one decision I've been having trouble with: Ellis Hobbs v. Quentin Jammer. They're both playing teams that are fairly weak in the passing game, so I can't really expect either of them to get many deflections/interceptions. I just don't see Carolina throwing the ball much without Smith in the first week.

How many games have been played so far?

only one regular season game so far

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hmmmm

Orton or Hasselbeck(lolsp?)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh and I call Shenanigans on the BG Fantasy Football league! I log in to do my rosters late and who the fuck do I see as my STARTING QB other than Vince "I'ma take mah shirt off 2 party wit drunk 40 niggas but i aint gay" Young?

What the hell was that about? Does God hate me? How did he get Auto pooled to me of all people? Needless to say that nigga got fired with no compensation if anyone is interested.

I'd probably say Hasselbeck mainly because of Clark being out atm. I know SEA receivers are injured too but he's still got Burleson and the backfield. Chicago's WR corp still needs to be proven before I could say Orton over Hasselbeck

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Orton it is.

That was a trap question.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast