BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 154 FirstFirst ... 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me those .dats!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've never done stuff like that before. I've done .dat modding no problem, but I will most likely corrupt shit if I attempt to do it myself, lol.

I appreciate your reply, however; I think I'll wait until someone who's experienced in stuff like that, to do it.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

All right, but if you change your mind, the kind of mod you're asking for is relatively simple, and it would be a great entry-level experiment.

I've always loved the Odin staves, and I actively play as BLM, SCH, and WHM, so I may do this eventually myself.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I may look into it later, but should you beat me to it, would you mind dropping me a PM with it? I'd greatly appreciate it.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Where is Tavnazian Safehold's dat?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

not sure if this is the most relevant place to ask this.. but i think people here would know better than anywhere else.

anyone have any idea where the weapon dat for ibushi shinai is? cos its missing from every single model viewer i come across. and i didn't have much luck searching for it manually...

it's this sword model.
    http://ff11db.sakura.ne.jp/database/...i%20Shinai.jpg

and the only weapon model i don't have on wiki

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Does anyone know of any guides made for anyone interested in trying .dat modding? I wanna try some but have no idea. Also, how simple would it be to create a menu sound effect? I know there are some for FF7 and some other games, so just curious.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

http://www.grumpyrarab.ffximc.com/

Olde, but should still work. I forget the details of conversion but most sounds are just repackaged wavs, with a few exceptions for the newer vocal stuff which is for some unknown reason DRM'd ATRAC.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Thanks, I hope the modding community comes back stronger! There are such awesome opportunities for good .dats lol.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Does anyone know of any guides made for anyone interested in trying .dat modding? I wanna try some but have no idea. Also, how simple would it be to create a menu sound effect? I know there are some for FF7 and some other games, so just curious.
    When I learned that FFXI DATs was going down, I archived all of the tutorials on the site, and the majority of the tools that they mention.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/vLk_JV5j/...ls_201105.html

I renamed all of the webpages to make their purposes more apparent, and to make the archive more navigable, in general.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    When I learned that FFXI DATs was going down, I archived all of the tutorials on the site, and the majority of the tools that they mention.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/vLk_JV5j/...ls_201105.html

I renamed all of the webpages to make their purposes more apparent, and to make the archive more navigable, in general.
    Signup for a simple download? can you find another host.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Seems like something that could be put in BG Box.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Seems like something that could be put in BG Box.
    A great idea, but unfortunately, the file is too big.

Despite test123 having made his request in the most turd-like of ways, I will upload the archive on one of my other file hosts, too. However, 4shared has proven to be the most reliable for me—to be specific, they don't randomly delete my files—so I consider that link to be the most trustworthy one.

EDIT: And here's the second link. It's FileFactory, so you'll have to wait for the download cool down: http://www.filefactory.com/file/7ehr...s_20110526.zip

I plan to eventually update this archive with a few more recent tools, but it is extremely comprehensive, and should be more than a big help to anyone looking to get into modding DATs, music, and—well, anything, really.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Kohan have you considered opening a Dropbox account or even a box.com account? I use both and they are pretty good (no random deletions etc)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

i found your dats i think for ibushi shinai and sent a PM which wiki were you refering to BGwiki? were you makin screen shots for everything or the item description screen shots?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's funny that you should mention that; furniture is actually its own unique class of item which I'm not aware of there being any editing tools for. It should be possible to do something with hex editing, but I haven't done anything beyond texture swaps as far as furniture goes.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Which .dats correspond to pulse items? Wanted to swap around some of the bodies

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sirbacube View Post
    Which .dats correspond to pulse items? Wanted to swap around some of the bodies
    I won't go through listing the location of 70 .dats, but if you'll be a little more specific (such as for what race, and did you just want the armors, or armors and weapons) I'd be happy to list them.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by godlytarutaru View Post
    I won't go through listing the location of 70 .dats, but if you'll be a little more specific (such as for what race, and did you just want the armors, or armors and weapons) I'd be happy to list them.
    Was looking for Mextli & Toci's Harness, both for male hume

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Mextili harness is rom/263/76
    Toci's is rom/266/123