The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

In my experience, you still need dx9c or the ffxi menus won't show up. No error message, they will just be blank boxes on the right side of the screen.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I hate to ask this here but I need help to fix a music bork. Seems like the title screen music got borked on my FFXI install when I got the update. If anyone has the update and knows what music that is; Can I have that dat/spw please?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can anyone fill me in on how much...model-y knowledge and time would be required to shrink the width of the Almace in half (Hume male)? I like the design, but the thing is unwieldy (and if I had my way, it'd be a curved sword).

I've looked at VRS in the past, but I've never done anything with it, but I have used other modeling applications in the past.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Any chance anyone has a back up of nearly all the Dat mods? This fucking update deleted my mods and I can't remember/find my back ups.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Any chance anyone has a back up of nearly all the Dat mods? This fucking update deleted my mods and I can't remember/find my back ups.
    You can use the patch update thread for that by removing the TMP2 extension from all of the files.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/999...2-Disc-Backups

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    Can anyone fill me in on how much...model-y knowledge and time would be required to shrink the width of the Almace in half (Hume male)? I like the design, but the thing is unwieldy (and if I had my way, it'd be a curved sword).

I've looked at VRS in the past, but I've never done anything with it, but I have used other modeling applications in the past.
    If you can get your mitts on the old Folye (or whatever his name was) model viewer as well as I think Maya and/or 3dsmax, you can probably dat swap the Almace file to one the old MV could pick up, decompile it, and then load the skeletal data into the imaging program. From there, you can manually move the anchor points to create a slimmer blade. Just don't delete any or try to create more. Recompile via the MV, then swap the dat back to the original and you'd have your change. Visually, the texture for the blade wouldn't stretch as much. Only thing I'd be way of is not making straight lines once you move stuff. Making the blade curved while looking good probably won't be possible this way, either.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post

Shouldn't need VRS or 3Dmax for that. Just need Model Viewer and Metasequoia. Using MV export DAT to MQO, open the resulting file in MetaSeq and fiddle with it from there. Once done, go back to MV and go File > Import MQO to DAT. I always recommend using Metasequoia unless you're doing heavy structural work (deleting/adding vertices); Even for those with years of experience using VRS, MetaSeq is by far the easier tool to use.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So something odd is going on.
    I only use one dat set, and thats the "Lax Idle" set for mithras, so it only changes 5 dats. The odd thing is, is that it completly breaks the GEO casting animation. Other races still work.

When I unlocked GEO and started to cast something, nothing happened. The cast bar would count down, and the spell would magically appear, but no cast animation what so ever, no body movement, no visual animations, nothing. I figured I was missing a DAT and did a file check, but nothing. I then uninstalled SoA and then reinstalled/patched and the animation would then work. I then put the lax idle set back, and the animation was gone again. I figure ok, so ill just revert back to the normal dats, but that didnt fix it either. So the only way to fix the animation was to uninstall/reinstall again.

At that point I havent replaced the dats, and everything is working fine. But isnt it odd for a dat mod to completly kill an animation? I could understand if there was no character movement during the cast, but no visual animations whatsoever? Thats wierd. And then to revert back to the original dats and the issue not go away? Thats even wierder.

Any thoughts on what could cause that issue? I would ask if theres any chance at fixing it, but with no real dat community any more, I doubt that will happen.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Could anybody provide me a link to the map dats for abyssea? and if its the zip file with all the modded maps in the game that would be even sweeter!
    Also, where can i find the latest version of altana viewer or the other program that helps you find dats for swapping?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Vathris View Post
    Also, where can i find the latest version of altana viewer
    http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showpos...&postcount=159

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Any word on a dat to replace all the geo auras with something a little more minimal? Ideally, a line on the ground 10' from the center and no sphere effects/

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It should definitely be possible to do this, although there are a few obstacles. First is that at present, whole-cloth creation of effects is not possible; they're different than models for players, mobs, or items and there exist no tools which can make them. There are however several effects which are simple and should suit this purpose well, and it's even possible to change the shading, size, and rotation of existing effects. The second problem is that to my knowledge there isn't a comprehensive list of auras and locations for the, although Spira or one of the other DAT miners could well have found them already and I haven't seen the new list; the one Kohan posted does not include them.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    I hate to ask this here but I need help to fix a music bork. Seems like the title screen music got borked on my FFXI install when I got the update. If anyone has the update and knows what music that is; Can I have that dat/spw please?
    music058.bgw in C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound9\win\music\data

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vathris View Post
    Could anybody provide me a link to the map dats for abyssea? and if its the zip file with all the modded maps in the game that would be even sweeter!
    Also, where can i find the latest version of altana viewer or the other program that helps you find dats for swapping?
    http://forums.windower.net/topic/182...ost__p__219524

Edit: or try http://forums.windower.net/topic/211...ost__p__214760

http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showpos...&postcount=159

Doing so many ADL's and dealing with 3 smn's popping Alex on my screen I would get severe lag. I nosed around in the dats and found a little baby Alex! Much less lag and I can see whats on my screen without those huge Alexanders in my face.

Baby Alexander DAT

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ps62683416.png

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thank you very much people! Links were great

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sithel View Post
    Doing so many ADL's and dealing with 3 smn's popping Alex on my screen I would get severe lag. I nosed around in the dats and found a little baby Alex! Much less lag and I can see whats on my screen without those huge Alexanders in my face.

Baby Alexander DAT

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ps62683416.png
    <3

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

is that a dynamis statue with alexander's skin on