BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 103 143 151 152 153 154 LastLast

Thread: Show me those .dats!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Does anyone have a list of zone dats? Mog house would be especially helpful atm, but any and all zones would be good too.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quick question, does anyone know if there's a way to extract Effects dats to a more usable format?
    I know noesis can export NPC models in a bunch of formats, but is there something similar for effects?
    As far as I can tell only AltanaViewer can display them, but there's no export options on there.
    Is any sort of source code available for AltanaViewer can would let me reverse engineer it?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Does modelveiwer or whatever that was called do exports? I pretty much use AV for my viewing needs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For effects, I'm fairly sure VRS could load effects and allow you to modify them, but it seems to be out of service or something. I don't recall any other program being able to change effects beyond textures.

Old Modelviewer exports models and their textures, though the latest lists are from like, early WotG I think, so you'd have to do some updating when it comes to newer models.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ph0X View Post
    Quick question, does anyone know if there's a way to extract Effects dats to a more usable format?
    I know noesis can export NPC models in a bunch of formats, but is there something similar for effects?
    As far as I can tell only AltanaViewer can display them, but there's no export options on there.
    Is any sort of source code available for AltanaViewer can would let me reverse engineer it?
    VRS doesn't handle effects at all. Hex workshop is your best bet there, but even then it's only good for rudimentary editing. Whole-cloth effect creation or complex editing, to my knowledge, is not possible.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Trying to get back into the game, anyone got a comprehensive place to get .dats or just a huge megapack full of em?
    I'm mostly looking for anything that HD-izes or otherwise makes stuff look nicer (mainly icons and character models), but if someone has a super mega dat pack to pick through I would certainly be happy to grab that. I hope someone out there is a .dat collector I lost all the ones I used to use... Don't wanna live without them!

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Not exactly the broadest selection, but I have a bit of stuff on my bucket:
    https://www.bluegartr.com/box/files/...099-stromgarde

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lots of stuff of varying quality at
    http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php
    For HD things, I don't think there are much, if any serious mods that would overhaul the game.

As for Icons, I personally have created my own batch of status icons here:
    http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.ph...view;down=1353

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Bit late, but thanks for the advice. It's sad that the old ffxidats site is gone, though I was still playing when its owner gave it up. I wish I would have backed up all the dats I liked, but I didn't expect to start playing again. Live and learn I guess

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Would anyone know where to find a updated model viewer/altanaview? Back for a little while tho I'm prolly not going to play much; I'm actually after some drawings from a friend and need to get her some reference shots.

[Edit] Or is there another program that can do It? I need player shots with armor.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can't recall where I found my current version. Check Neko sentai or ffxiah? There's also some other program that came out which covers a shitton of games called Noesis.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I found a version..From 2013..I keep wondering if there's any newer lists. It's been a year or so since I seriously played FFXI though.

And I have Noesis but I can't figure out how to make it dance for me sadly. Really aggravating. I did manage to figure out with AltanaView enough to get it working so I could put together my three friends's gear (they went for XIV, only one stayed...) but the list I have are missing a cool spear Cydori thinks she had at the time. Namely, this one: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Cama._Lance ...I'm having her use one I know she used (looks like a corse), but wish I could get that one on the mock up for the artist. >.<

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey quick question- I remember seeing a new geomancer spell effect a while ago which eliminated the overhead bubble effect and made the ground circles more pronounced. Were these dat mods a thing or am I crazy?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey guys, thanks for the info in this thread. I was able to port the glow effects to all the relic weapons. I've been working on porting over the armor effects. I found mooshy's blog post about adding an effect to hit1, and can recreate this relatively easily. I can copy an armor pulse to another piece pretty easily, but does anyone have any ideas for changing the pulse to a custom effect similar to the hit1 method?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

As far as I can remember, changing the on-hit effect was a simple matter of changing a byte. Custom effects are possible, take a look at... hmm let me find it

https://files.bluegartr.com/c4c9412d...e2ce6de085.zip

Soul Calibur Complete, based on Soul Calibur 4's model (jagged crystal thingy). I used the ice effect from Borealis as well as the glow-orb effect from one of the Wanderer (Promyvion) models. It's been a while so the exact details are a bit fuzzy, but it should be a good place to get started.

16. Moderated Post
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks a lot, i'm comparing the hex for this weapon with the wanderers and not seeing very many similarities. Do you remember if you used VRS to attach the effect? In the hex code I'm seeing a lot of lines with ".UUUU..........."

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

That looks really good. I'm not sure that it really matches FFXI's style but it still looks really good.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey thanks a lot! I'm looking through the hex code for this and I can see the Borealis code, but most of the rest looks like gibberish. I see a ton of lines that are ".UUUU..........." If you remember, did you add the effect from the wanderers with VRS?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    That looks really good. I'm not sure that it really matches FFXI's style but it still looks really good.
    Absolutely right! It was more of a 'I wonder if I can actually do this' type of project rather than creating something that would mesh well with the game. The only original work I really did along those lines was the 'King Crimson' lance.

https://files.bluegartr.com/a2a853eb...d3f9a37557.zip

Quote Originally Posted by sirderyk View Post
    Hey thanks a lot! I'm looking through the hex code for this and I can see the Borealis code, but most of the rest looks like gibberish. I see a ton of lines that are ".UUUU..........." If you remember, did you add the effect from the wanderers with VRS?
    No, I didn't use VRS for any of the effects, just the mesh and textures; which is fortunate because to my knowledge VRS's login schema is broken and hasn't been fixed. I think I used Altana Viewer to get a better handle on what the effects were called, but I can't recall offhand; it's been a while.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    to my knowledge VRS's login schema is broken and hasn't been fixed.
    Apparently they shifted to a registration and monthly fee to use VRS. A couple people have briefly used it and lent me their login/pw just so I can dabble more, since I'm too cheap to spend money on something I might or might not have time to use in a given month.