Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me those .dats!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

er where did you get that cape from? I can't seem to find it on ffxidats.com

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Correct me if I'm wrong but... as unrealistic as it is, wouldn't increasing even all equipment textures' resolutions from 64x64 to 1024x1024 require significantly more processing power? Especially when it comes to highly populated areas or even alliance situations...?

In terms of the amount of processing required to render textures in this game, if everything was bumped up by that much... that's like rendering 16 normal res textures for each "HQ" texture.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odion View Post
    er where did you get that cape from? I can't seem to find it on ffxidats.com
    I am pretty sure that's a cape that was only distributed via PM by request after some silly drama over it. At least, there was one like that that looked like that one. A shame really, I would love having that cape too, but I never requested the file because I didn't wanna get involved in that BS lol.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    Correct me if I'm wrong but... as unrealistic as it is, wouldn't increasing even all equipment textures' resolutions from 64x64 to 1024x1024 require significantly more processing power? Especially when it comes to highly populated areas or even alliance situations...?

In terms of the amount of processing required to render textures in this game, if everything was bumped up by that much... that's like rendering 16 normal res textures for each "HQ" texture.
    Hell yes it would. While some systems would technically be capable of it, it would still be more of a draw... especially zones. But the real killer I think would be the HD space taken up - 1 HQ .dat can be up to 2MB large...now think if every single visual file was 1-2MB... you're talking a HD full of nothing but FFXI.

Also, PS2 limitations.

>.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level

That HQ sword dat looks very nice. A lot of attention to detail in the textures. I doubt you'd see that much attention in most Xbox or PS3 games.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis G View Post
    Exactly.

I am pretty sure that's a cape that was only distributed via PM by request after some silly drama over it. At least, there was one like that that looked like that one. A shame really, I would love having that cape too, but I never requested the file because I didn't wanna get involved in that BS lol.
    My younger brother (the person who made the .dat) hates stupid people. So when people were begging for him to do x and y with it when he explicitly said not to, he became fed up with it and decided to password it. For example, he doesn't do race conversions, and said if someone else wanted to take a shot, he would be glad to give the source materials. But people kept pushing him to do a race conversion. You can guess the response that was delivered from there.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Exactly.

My younger brother (the person who made the .dat) hates stupid people. So when people were begging for him to do x and y with it when he explicitly said not to, he became fed up with it and decided to password it. For example, he doesn't do race conversions, and said if someone else wanted to take a shot, he would be glad to give the source materials. But people kept pushing him to do a race conversion. You can guess the response that was delivered from there.
    Yeah, race conversion on custom armor is the fucking devil. Some races don't have equivalent anchor points for certain things. I probably would have done the same thing myself.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

People on ffxidats can be pretty stupid, it's true.
    I hate stupid people, too. =/

I can understand why, in that case. I didn't pay much attention to the whole thing but did notice it was a really amazing mod ^^

I stopped posting on the forums there after one of the moderators in specific talked down to me so now I don't bother anymore, there are too many assholes that jump on you for anything you say...

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Less talk, more Goobbue Racer screens.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Dalaran

made blessed shorts a while back.

the manteel is a further altered "noble's manteel" that i made replace my cleric's briault.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/3...dshortsxo9.jpg

(also, a short-sleeved jujitsu gi)

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5...itsudatkj0.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I have nothing useful to add, just that your mithra looks like she's about to say "derp!" or somethin.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Dalaran

though i don't know what "derp!" is, it's late enough that it made me laugh.

admittedly the red "cleric's manteel" doesn't really work with the shorts i made, i was just tired of the blessed pants look. (also, they didn't show off my herald's gaiters )

Sea Torques
    BG Level

anyone got the wheeled gobbue dat ss somewhere?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

quick search: http://ffxidats.com/page.php?id=2269
    goobbue car ^

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post

Actually, no. It takes up massive amounts more video ram to load the textures, and if you can do that you're pretty much set. Texture size has very little to do with rendering time.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

But it will still take up copious amounts of HD space if every dat was HQ'd... some SERIOUS space. Which I think is one of the reasons why SE hasn't updated graphics for PC, even though they said they were going to once upon a time >.>

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I don't dat swap a whole hell of a lot. First one I did was the Walmart turban without the strap cause it just looked horrible. After that I got the ele. staff dat. (in my SS)

And finally, I couldn't find any dat mods of those horrid, horrid, errant/mahatma slops, so I took it upon myself to learn how to do it and indeed did it myself, so here they are:
    http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1...9162943zj6.png
    First and only dat mod I've done myself, not all that hard once I figured it out.

My boyfriend liked them too so I did Elvaan male as well but I haven't been inclined to swap it for other races yet.

However, if people like them, I might just go and host them somewhere.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

im to stupid to even figure out how to replace dat files with modded ones :D

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Taken from FFXIdats:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../sorataru3.png

Mixed opinions about this one in my ls. I had a bit of fun swording stuff as Sorataru. Some members of my ls loved it, and others suggested it was better suited for Wow. On second thought, I would have agreed with them.

I think ill just stick with the keyblade and shades.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

nothing fancy here either.. just quick swaps for ugly zenith gear and whm body for my GF's character

http://www.insurrectionls.com/images...ie/chrissy.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast