Page 11 of 154 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me those .dats!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Did you break the page just for the tiniest glimpse of the most common elemental staves .dat?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xeydias Stahlzahn
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I believe he did it to show the .dat mod on Killing Claw, which looks like it has a more scorpion-like stinger and tail as opposed to the pincer tail in-game scorpions have.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Vlorsutes View Post
    I believe he did it to show the .dat mod on Killing Claw, which looks like it has a more scorpion-like stinger and tail as opposed to the pincer tail in-game scorpions have.
    Goddamn, I totally missed that... felt like I was looking at a Where's Waldo. Thought the scorpions looked a little blue but chalked it up to nighttime light. Now Death Scissors makes no sense!

edit: also 8 legs...

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Goddamn, I totally missed that... felt like I was looking at a Where's Waldo. Thought the scorpions looked a little blue but chalked it up to nighttime light. Now Death Scissors makes no sense!

edit: also 8 legs...
    Yeah haha.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Just don't post the assless chaps haidate you made for my taru, you perv.
    I never made anything naughty.... except for mithra that is :3

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have to admit I would love to see a fully redone HD set on the original AF sets. There was so much room for detail on each piece of gear that while you can see that SE tried to give it a little more the "PS2 limitations" at the time couldn't allow for that kind of detail.

SE should just rewrite FFXI for PC users that can run the game in HD mode. Hell, I'd love to see an HD version of West Ronf on my PC.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

The newest banner for my personal drops-tracking database project front end website:

http://alleya.ragnskitty.com/banner.png

My first attempt at photoshopped tattoos

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Someone make "HQ" versions of the flag furnishings and my gilt tapestry. Thanks :3

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by S N K View Post
    I have to admit I would love to see a fully redone HD set on the original AF sets. There was so much room for detail on each piece of gear that while you can see that SE tried to give it a little more the "PS2 limitations" at the time couldn't allow for that kind of detail.

SE should just rewrite FFXI for PC users that can run the game in HD mode. Hell, I'd love to see an HD version of West Ronf on my PC.
    I agree. PC version needs a ton of work on it IMO.

However, I don't see why giving PC versions HQ textures is such a bad thing. If I recall right don't the 360 models have smoother textures? I never played on 360 so I'm just trying to confirm what I heard.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

First and only .dat mod I ever made. The white looks insanely bright here, but it was darker in game. Don't have any images of it in game though. I made it originally to try and somewhat match up with Homam, seemed to be well received by the people that used it.
    http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5...previewza0.png

Kaelia

Woot, the Hume F is my character model, I approve. Do you have that mod uploaded anywhere?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    First and only .dat mod I ever made. The white looks insanely bright here, but it was darker in game. Don't have any images of it in game though. I made it originally to try and somewhat match up with Homam, seemed to be well received by the people that used it.
    I'd actually like to have this one, where could I get it?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

That's pretty good Kiara, the color scheme looks like it fits nicely with homam. Sometimes when people change colors of pre-existing armor to match other armor it ends up looking ugly or out of place, not so here :3

I agree with the guy up there somewhere ^, HQing the AF would be fantastic. Start with Mithra?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Sorry, though I had included a download link. You can grab it here. Has every race 'cause I was too lazy to make a download for each one. Unless they've changed the location of the .dat's from updates, the text files for where the .dat's are should be correct.

Kaelia

Woot. Looks really nice in-game. Good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalrath View Post
    I attempted to fake bump-mapping. It looks better but it's still no substitute for the real thing.

http://www.randomideacomics.com/imag.../koenig2.1.jpg

If you could make Aegishjalmr to match this that would be amazing. I'm sure i'm not the only paladin that would be interested in that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedMidget View Post
    If you could make Aegishjalmr to match this that would be amazing. I'm sure i'm not the only paladin that would be interested in that.
    I actually like the 2.0 shield a more. HQ dat, but still doesnt look too bright. IMO, the 2.1 shield (even though im using it now) looks out of place because most of the game is dimmer and this is blindingly bright.

That being said I would love to see an HQ hauteclaire to match the shield

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Heres a small .dat im in the middle of making
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ysigs/sc-5.jpg

Oh its not the rikku .dat lol.. its the body and skirt.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis G View Post
    Always forgot to post this XD.

Anyways, When on Ranger, staring at Pln Body gets kinda boring after a while cause it just doesnt seem "Ranger" to me. So I went looking for .dats and found this :
    That's exactly what I swapped my Pahlu Body with, except I did it for Thf. Sadly most high lvl Thf gear ends up being purple, and that's just not my color

assburgers
    BG Level

Make it for Elv F, Mort, and include the panties, and I approve.

This has been a message from the Taru Males are lecherous little motherfuckers who do little but stare at butts all day Foundation.