+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

XBCD & 360 Controller on PC

I was pretty excited to get a controller to play FFXI with that was more comfortable than the PS2 one (which I was borrowing since I broke mine) and it turns out I can't even map the fucking shoulder triggers. Or right analog stick.

What. The fuck.

I've been dicking around with xbcd, various drivers, and many, many restarts for like an hour now. Has anyone gotten this to work with minimal hassle? I'm close to tearing my hair out.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tradition View Post
    I was pretty excited to get a controller to play FFXI with that was more comfortable than the PS2 one (which I was borrowing since I broke mine) and it turns out I can't even map the fucking shoulder triggers. Or right analog stick.

What. The fuck.

I've been dicking around with xbcd, various drivers, and many, many restarts for like an hour now. Has anyone gotten this to work with minimal hassle? I'm close to tearing my hair out.
    It's not hard at all to get working. Uninstall EVERYTHING, unplug the controller, follow the directions on the XBCD 360 site. It works. If it doesn't, you fucked something up, and you need to pay better attention.

In case you somehow managed to find the wrong directions... http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/guide.html

If you're trying to use a wireless controller, they don't work with XBCD. Period. Even with the adapter to make them "wired". There's a program called xpadder on the downloads page of the XBCD 360 site that DOES work, however, although I haven't tried it myself, since I have a wired pad for PC gaming.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

XBCD or die. Seriously. Dunno about wireless, I'm not a big fan of wireless controllers/keyboards/mouse.

You can map everything fine, looks intimidating though but it's fine once it's all set up.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Vista or XP?

edit: Don't follow that guide, it's rubbish. I have Vista, and the guide was shit. I followed it exactly, it didn't work. I ended up having to get my own .inf file and installing that way, which works every time on all of my computers.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by senoska View Post
    Vista or XP?

edit: Don't follow that guide, it's rubbish. I have Vista, and the guide was shit. I followed it exactly, it didn't work. I ended up having to get my own .inf file and installing that way, which works every time on all of my computers.
    The Vista support for XBCD is in beta, so yeah, not terribly surprising that it requires a little more tweaking. The Vista32 download has the wrong INF in it, download a new one from http://redcl0ud.1.forumer.com/index....opic=1535&st=0), unrar it, and put just the INF in C:\Windows\INF and it works fine. Vista64 is more complicated, there's more info on that page. Guide works perfectly fine as-is for XP.

The "Xbox" tab in the control panel doesn't show button/axis status accurately, but the Windows tab does, and all the adjustments work. My bad for not knowing it took some extra work for Vista, I hadn't gotten around to installing it myself until today.

Always Cabrón!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lor'enzo Sasha
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tradition View Post
    I use WinXP, xbox360 wired (usb) controller and XBCD360 driver with the "triggers are digital" information file. Followed the XBCD instructions to install the driver and mapped the buttons using the FFXI config app.

As you've probably noticed by now, the default M$ drivers for the controller will not allow you to remap buttons, that's why XBCD is so much more handy.

And yes... I find the 360 controller a LOT more comfortable the the PSX/PS2 Dualshock ones.

Scuzzelbutt

You cant use it wireless yet, I heard they were trying a beta version but I haven't received anything to be final yet.

I bought the USB wireless adapter which you prolly already have. I used the drivers from the M$ website.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...ategory=Gaming