+ Reply to Thread

Question about a certain job field, some may know the answer.

I've been looking over a few degree programs and wanting to do something I enjoy for a living. One of these things is creating trailers for movies and tying music in with video. Does anyone know what exactly this job title is called? Or where one could get a degree in this?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

That's all advertising.

Good luck that field is full of backstabbing and harsh deadlines.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You could try going into Sound Design.... That covers a lot of things, from creating sound effects (foley), to choosing/creating music for film/tv/animation/games/etc.

I dont really know what the field is like for jobs, but here's a bit about it here, at one school that offers a diploma in it:
    http://www.vfs.com/fulltime.php?id=11

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You would need a film degree either way. I hate to ever mention the school I went to (for professional photography) but I hear their film program that, somehow spawned out of the originally prestigeous still-photography college, is held in high regard. Brooks Institute has their film campus in Ventura, CA and is unfortunately a bit pricey as well as dealing with a 12.7million dollar class-action lawsuit regarding their admissions faculty lying about job-placement statistics (I should be getting a cut). As for a job title, I'm thinking there's a blanket position of Editor that covers that. Trailers aren't filmed specifically, they are cut out of the existing film and just patched together with the (now deceased) movie trailer narrator and crappy copy slapped inbetween. For putting music over motion picture, that position is "music editor." Go figure. Good luck with that, it's painful going to college and paying a hundred grand to enter a career where they don't give a shit about a degree, only a portfolio. Learn from my mistake!

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would think going into animation maybe or film making or something would be right. Something like this from my college: http://www.rit.edu/programs/ugrad/co...animation.html