Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute Virtue ~ 9/8/08     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Could you provide more details? Did it Manafont or was it the 79% Meteor? Also, what two hours had it used prior to Meteor?
    We are still reforming to mess around a bit more until it depops in about 15min. I'll get more people to post information then.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Alright, thanks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ok I might miss some parts, but here is roghly what happened.

- JoL was held at 5% until the 1:30h mark. All summons got normally killed by BLM aga.
    - 1 Alliance was ready with a normal tank pt and 2 melee PTs with claim on JoL. They immediately took over AV.
    - They held AV for 2-3 mins. No 2h was used during that time. AV used Call Wyvern.
    - They went in for zerg and pushed it to 76% in a matter of seconds (6-8seconds maybe)
    - AV used Comet and only Comet at 79%. What I've been told (was out of range in alliance 2) it didn't use Meteor. Tanks died to normal hits and alliance slowly wiped.
    - When alliance 2 took over it was regened back to 82% and immediately used stun AOE when engaging, which kinda sucked.
    - After stun wore we pushed it to 79% in less than a second and it immediately used Meteor wiping almost the whole alliance.

From then on it went downhill and killed the rest of the people. Alliance 3 wasn't able to do much more. It then used Benediction at 86% for 7913 HP.

Ashira

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...909_202155.png

Um, I had chat filters off, but from what I got in LS, it didn't use Meteor.

The 2hr used after the first zerg was Perfect Dodge, which completely fucked over our second ally of DRKs, so it regenned back to about 84% while they whiffed for the 30s or whatever. Transfer from ally to ally was messy too, and it started charming people. Was back to 86% by the time it Benedictioned for just under 8k.

Then something happened to it and it was like, invisible to everyone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...909_202713.png

Don't knwo if it's actually significant or just some wonky graphical thing.

Wish I had better details, it was slightly disorganized, very fast, and mostly to kinda test the JOL fight length correlation to AV's HP.

And again, I had chat filters off.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hmm, what killed the first alliance then? I'm slightly confused.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Hmm, what killed the first alliance then? I'm slightly confused.
    - AV used Comet and only Comet at 79%. What I've been told (was out of range in alliance 2) it didn't use Meteor. Tanks died to normal hits and alliance slowly wiped.
    ^^^

--

If 14% was ~7600, wouldn't that give it only about 40k max HP? Which would be like 5k more then the Excellence's AV, no? Or did I mess up my maths? Just doing this in my head.

If so, holy different HP values batman.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

1st alliance got hit with AOE WS and Aeroga which killed alot. Then AV killed the remaining one by one. It also used PD during that time. PD was gone when second alliance took over and it was back to 82-83%.

Only 1 meteor got off the whole fight, which was when alliance 2 pushed it to 79%.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Edit: Asdf

Banned.

BG Level

This is still the 1st time someone's gotten it below 79% since the ninja fix, correct?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    ^^^

--

If 14% was ~7600, wouldn't that give it only about 40k max HP? Which would be like 5k more then the Excellence's AV, no? Or did I mess up my maths? Just doing this in my head.

If so, holy different HP values batman.
    AV hp value were always weird. There was a huge difference between benediction restored back then (one was putting it at ~100k, another at 200k)

I always thought it was something similar to the cheating mamool NM in mamool ja that lies about his % hp value

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

it was perfect execution actually , but the problem that we had is how to swiftly transfer to alliance 2 then 3 without waiting for the previous alliance to wipe.

but anyways i think we learned 2 things:

1: holding JoL does not effect AV HP or regen.
    2: he will use 1 spell at 79% , maybe its a coincidence but 99% i think he will just use a spell @79% , and not metoer all the time.

last thing , i have a feeling that AV behavior and regen and what not , got all reset after the first alliance wipe. Its not the first time I noticed it , but alot of times that we have fought AV , the AV where you fight immediatly after JoL is much easier then him after starting to sacing him.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There could be truth to that actually. DoTs do fall off, as do the two hour duration abilities. It's something I've always mused about. However, since little is known about AV anyways it's impossible to say really.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

to see if this hold truth i would like testimonials of others that fought him before if they noticed that as well , and whoever planning him soon is to pay attention on his behavior during the actual fight that happens immediately after JoL dies , then again on the next round after the sac pulling.

maybe the main problem people are facing is because they actually immediately start sac pulling until alliance ready , where they should be fighting him while he spawn claimed the first time. aka you only got 1 shot , u either wipe or kill.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

And maybe also what you do to JoL (on purpose or not) that affects AV will also vanish when it goes unclaimed...

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is it not out of the question to assume that he might use a spell at 79, 59, 39, 19, kind of like Dissipation with Proto-Ultima?

If so, counterable.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

well the first 79% which he was engaged immediately he only did comet and he did use call wyvran > perfect dodge as how it happened with the other group yesterday , so i definitely see a pattern of 2hrs , and not to mention also it has always been the first try which u immediately fight after JoL

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's different for each HP interval. 59% is 6x wynav and 2 hour combo mode, dunno what the others are.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

In a scenario where you steady tank it and control the fight, yes this is valuable information. Before you push it to 79%, have your pld pop Fealty and keep Utsusemi up. If it does Comet, you blink it. If it does Meteor you hopefully survive with Fealty.

Now prevent it from using Manafont before you reach 79%. :/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by donnie View Post
    it was perfect execution actually , but the problem that we had is how to swiftly transfer to alliance 2 then 3 without waiting for the previous alliance to wipe.

but anyways i think we learned 2 things:

1: holding JoL does not effect AV HP or regen.
    2: he will use 1 spell at 79% , maybe its a coincidence but 99% i think he will just use a spell @79% , and not metoer all the time.
    I have to disagree here, I do believe killing more adds than necessary to kill JoL Regen will in fact lower AV's regen. I'm not sure how a zerg group would be able to determine that, but a normal group certainly could.

Our first attempt was with a held JoL(lots of pops killed), and we managed 83%.

Our second attempt was with a non-held JoL(minimal pops killed to kill regen), and we managed 96% going all out with blms (tanks dying too, due to bad combos, and ms).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Fealty shouldn't be technically necessary though since AV was released 1.5 years before TOAU and group 2 merits...right?

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast