BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kicoe Vashai
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    A KClub DRK from our attempt did 6700 damage alone and he didn't even live full time.
    If I remember right I survived the whole sixty seconds Souleater duration, however Perfect Dodge and being petrified 15-20 seconds cut the possible damage output by alot. Like Tricen wrote earlier, a bad timed Perfect Dodge (or Invincible for that matter) would screw any KC zerg attempt (besides the regular Meteor/Manafront problem). :/

84,38% acc with soulvoiced Madrigal x2 and a little more accuracy heavy setup, Feint, for those who are curious about AV's evasion.

Compliments to SA for getting it down that far.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

sushi on top of that, or no?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

We had 6 clubs on it, few sams and w/e else could fit. A few seconds into it we got hit with an impact stream that stopped the clubs and the drk whm's bene, so we could have won. It was really close. It's a huge luck thing on what he decides to use on you but he can be killed this way.. I'm guessing maybe 1 out of 10 trys if you get lucky.
    We also were gonna try holding love alive longer, nuking and sc element of day ect. We didnt end up doing that because we just wanted a strait up zerge attmept and planned on trying diff stuff another day if the zerge turned out out to be hopeless. The love for this AV was alive 15-20mins or so didnt time it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    You don't need Angon for SE KClub.

Edit: From examing overall damage, I also have to say that Souleater damage is the ONLY useful source of damage for a zerg on AV. Its defense is just way too high. 300TP Gekko from front with 5/5 Overwhelm, /WAR, Minuets and around 750 attack resulted in 440dmg...

A KClub DRK from our attempt did 6700 damage alone and he didn't even live full time.
    I'm thinking RNG/WAR with Dia, Angon, Feint and Soul Voice Minuets using Slug/Sidewinder>Wing>Sideshot>Barrage>Slugwinder>EES could be very good support damage.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rammses View Post
    I'm thinking RNG/WAR with Dia, Angon, Feint and Soul Voice Minuets using Slug/Sidewinder>Wing>Sideshot>Barrage>Slugwinder>EES could be very good support damage.
    4 rangers, an AF2 hat COR and a BRD might be able to make a slugwinder spam party using SAM and DRK or RNG roll
    base returned TP is 14 on ebow, 15 with rajas, using SAM roll and SAM sub might just make it viable for a nice 5 hit setup, that amount of damage would be pretty crazy

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

doesn't new cor relic allow for roll bonuses if job isn't present in pt?

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantalon View Post
    doesn't new cor relic allow for roll bonuses if job isn't present in pt?
    Yes.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kicoe Vashai
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    sushi on top of that, or no?
    No, used a NQ Carbonara.
    Edit. ups wrong info, we infact had Feint.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

During the zerg attempt was the regen noticeable? Does dealing damage of the specific day help lower the regen? (I.E From a Corsairs Quick Draw or AoE spike spells from a scholar) Or is it specifically black magic only?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I decided I'd skim through various logs and the post-video thread...

On the attempts that all available 2-hours were used, I didn't notice AV using the same 2-hour after that (With the exception of wipe & unclaim, plus regen). Is it possible that making your 2-hours unavailable when AV uses 2-hour stops him from using that 2-hour again (During that attempt)? The only exception appears to be the two Astral Flows used in the French/German(P1), and Japanese(P3) videos. Due to the repeated 2-hours from most of the alliance, it's safe to assume this was a seperate day.

Aside from that, did anyone ever get it to 79% after dispensing of all 2-hours as the video shows?

(Sorry, I skimmed, be gentle.)

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Solution to AV: Phalanx of Kraken Clubs

How ironic.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So AVs HP is based on how long you fought JoL?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Shock Choke Burn landed when I had ~339 elemental skill.
    733 Burst 2 + ES = ~2% of hp. (Maintained 98% hp for the 15 sec I was alive lol)
    -> Possible that Regen rate is linked to how much damage is done in the nuke of same element.
    -> (733 - 5x(Regen Rate - Nuked same day)) > 2% hp.

587 Thunder IV = ~1% of hp (but regen is fast since nuked on lightsday)

-> 3 nukes before I KO-ed, 2 un-resisted. (Full Morrigan setup)

----------
    If a DRK zerg attempt fails but brings it low enough to ~40%, a BLM alliance can likely manaburn it to the ground if it doesn't benediction.

----------
    Also did a Black Halo (for 0 damage) with Prudence Rod but I didn't stick around to see if it used Meteor after that due to work.

----------
    Any group willing to try to kill JoL with all types of sea weapons + virtue stones only just to see what it does? If killing JoL pops bring down regen, how about stuffing it with "Virtue"?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
    During the zerg attempt was the regen noticeable? Does dealing damage of the specific day help lower the regen? (I.E From a Corsairs Quick Draw or AoE spike spells from a scholar) Or is it specifically black magic only?
    FYI, Scholar can't AOE Spikes spells.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Well, since black magic now appears to be a viable source of damage on AV, what sort of results could a merited scholar produce from helix spells on him?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Palom View Post
    FYI, Scholar can't AOE Spikes spells.
    We could toss a SMN in for Ice Spikes / Shock Spikes... If thats what he means (I know what your saying this isn't directed at you, just adding to the train of thought)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    We had 6 clubs on it, few sams and w/e else could fit. A few seconds into it we got hit with an impact stream that stopped the clubs and the drk whm's bene, so we could have won. It was really close. It's a huge luck thing on what he decides to use on you but he can be killed this way.. I'm guessing maybe 1 out of 10 trys if you get lucky.
    We also were gonna try holding love alive longer, nuking and sc element of day ect. We didnt end up doing that because we just wanted a strait up zerge attmept and planned on trying diff stuff another day if the zerge turned out out to be hopeless. The love for this AV was alive 15-20mins or so didnt time it.
    What about AV mdoe switch? Comet at 79%? Nothing at 59% and 39%? Or did you gank it so fast that you couldn't see it?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It was a zerg, so I doubt the entire attempted lasted more than a minute or so.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm sorry, I made a mistake when typing my post, I meant AoE en-damage not spike spells from Scholar.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
    I'm sorry, I made a mistake when typing my post, I meant AoE en-damage not spike spells from Scholar.
    Can't blood weapon and enspell.

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 86 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast