FFXI Server
    Asura

Then...kill them.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

[QUOTE=AzazaelFenrir;2242091]That sir is just plain shitty luck then[QUOTE]
    This. was stuck on floor one from 4 puddings and much argo. Which kind, I dont recall and a good think I was on SCH. Wiped. A gate argoed me after we all died and I rred. is that normal? Maybe not. Let reword this and say you have been lucky.

Braxy

BLU Weapon
    Floor: 40
    WS Pts: Exactly 3521

Looks like for floor 40 it's in the 3500-3600 range, maybe depending on job?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

umm ok back on topic. has any more points been added to that graph? iirc parabolas like that may never cross over the x-y axis right? or simply approach infinity that would be HAWT lol.

the small difference off an even number is probably server lag to update.

I helped a friend break latent on bow, the old 300 latent ones, oh those were the days, but he counted and used arrows to keep track, we were about at 380 before it actually registered as broken.

the few things that I dont understand is people saying they broke on floor 20 at 5500 and others saying at 7000.

I know my friend hit 5700 and didnt get on 20, he gave up after that.

Aselin

Added Braxy's numbers to the chart, and it's definitely looking a lot like that curve independent of what job you unlock the WS on.

It'd be terribly cruel if it was infinity at Floor 0, but the game nor SE would do that. >_>

It's definitely pointing to the following: Floor 0 to 10 -> 10,000 to 12,000 points approximately.

*ugh... cringes*

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Shufflesx View Post
    the small difference off an even number is probably server lag to update.

I helped a friend break latent on bow, the old 300 latent ones, oh those were the days, but he counted and used arrows to keep track, we were about at 380 before it actually registered as broken.

the few things that I dont understand is people saying they broke on floor 20 at 5500 and others saying at 7000.

I know my friend hit 5700 and didnt get on 20, he gave up after that.
    Didnt SE change the points amounts? Need more now?

Come on people... Is it that hard to do at least a couple nyzul runs from the ground up? Just take one saved up set of tags- You should at least be able to get to 10 or 15- Which will take off thousands of points from the requirement with the current model.

No, they didn't change the points, we're just now getting hard evidence as to how many people with no progress in nyzul have to get.

well the one pup unlocked at floor 5 at 12000, so floor 0 is probably 14-15k

so 7k floor 20, 9k floor 15, 10k floor 10, 12k floor 5.

someoen had 8900 on floor 15 and didnt unlock but soon as he did up to floor 19 it was unlocked when he saved progress. So 9k was probably the amount.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

This is meant as advice, so take it in the spirit intended.

If your friends arent showing up, drop them. They're dead weight. Yeah it sucks to ditch friends, but if they cant be counted on, then what good are they?

Nyzul really requires a good balance to succeed. We go with DRK/NIN NIN/WAR DRG/WHM BLM/NIN WAR/NIN WHM/SCH and lose maybe 1/20 tries if that. Pudding floor? no problem. Blm can go solo one just like they're meriting, while the rest tackle the others. Flayers? Suck, but best way to deal with them are with brute force. They're not evasive, and somewhat squishy. BLM is no use once the shield is up, so most times when we get a flayer floor she just sits at the portal to shoot us up asap.

Dahak, just take off all unnecessary buffs, and keep shadows up for body slam. petro eyes lasts for a LONG TIME so the whm has to be quick. WHM is really important in nyzul, and they have to be competent.

I realize not everyone gets to choose their setups, but this at least gives you a general idea of what to shoot for.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    My last run 10-15 had 5 Soulflayers, and the one before that had a Dahak.

The run before that had 4 Soulflayers and 6 Black Puddings.
    I don't remember if it was 21-25 or 26-30 but we got stuck with like 5 chariots on a floor with white magic disabled.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    NYZUL DOESN'T CARE ABOUT PUPS!

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    This is meant as advice, so take it in the spirit intended.

If your friends arent showing up, drop them. They're dead weight. Yeah it sucks to ditch friends, but if they cant be counted on, then what good are they?

Nyzul really requires a good balance to succeed. We go with DRK/NIN NIN/WAR DRG/WHM BLM/NIN WAR/NIN WHM/SCH and lose maybe 1/20 tries if that. Pudding floor? no problem. Blm can go solo one just like they're meriting, while the rest tackle the others. Flayers? Suck, but best way to deal with them are with brute force. They're not evasive, and somewhat squishy. BLM is no use once the shield is up, so most times when we get a flayer floor she just sits at the portal to shoot us up asap.

Dahak, just take off all unnecessary buffs, and keep shadows up for body slam. petro eyes lasts for a LONG TIME so the whm has to be quick. WHM is really important in nyzul, and they have to be competent.

I realize not everyone gets to choose their setups, but this at least gives you a general idea of what to shoot for.

My group is 2xBLU/NIN, COR/RNG, THF/NIN, BLM/WHM, and WHM/SCH. And I cant remember the last time we lost.

Nyzul can be done with all kinds of set-ups, so there is really no excuses IMO.

680 points for Death Blossom unlock. (technically 681, but it was 678 before the last level 2 chain.)

Floor 90, got weapon in the same session as we won 90, and haven't climbed again since.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    My group is 2xBLU/NIN, COR/RNG, THF/NIN, BLM/WHM, and WHM/SCH. And I cant remember the last time we lost.

Nyzul can be done with all kinds of set-ups, so there is really no excuses IMO.
    are these the same people you go with ALL THE TIME? I think that's his point....

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Emorej View Post
    are these the same people you go with ALL THE TIME? I think that's his point....
    Yeah its usually the same people, unless someone cant make it, so we ask LS or shout to replace.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Jaybar, I have a set, problem is there is always one or two of them busy at all times we try and setup, we been trying to get to gether for a while now, we tried with 3 other day and get from floor 6-8, then the fourth logged on and we had one more tag and doing good and hit a 5 lamp floor.

since then, limbus, dynamis etc. and 2 people arent around this weekend. Only reason I got to 10 was someoen was short a person and I got from 5-10 but all my other tags were gone from the night before.

I hate when people make it sound like its really easy for them therefore it has to be easy for everyone, guess what, things dont work that way.
    I have kinda let your moaning slide for a few days, but it's getting unreasonable. We get it. Really. You are having a hard time with Nyzul. Your standard Nyzul people aren't always available. I've seen it posted probably ten times now.

Lets take a step back, and look at this from another point of view, shall we? Which would you argue is harder to accomplish; getting weaponskill points, or climbing floors? There isn't a right or wrong answer. Just think about it.

Ok, with that in mind, also consider that few people are actually farming Nyzul nonstop religiously everyday either. In a best case situation, it will take almost exactly 3 weeks to go from floor 0 to floor 100. In a more realistic situation it will take closer to 2 months to clear from floor 0 to 100. Have you been killing crabs for 2 months? Have you been killing crabs for 3 weeks? How long have you actually been killing crabs?

It takes time and effort to get a group of 6 people together to work on clearing floors in Nyzul, as I am sure you now appreciate. Much less effort is necessary to kill crabs. I think the motivation behind the developers decision was that people needed to invest time in getting these new weaponskills. Some people have already put the necessary time in, and they got them faster as a reward. The rest of us get to suck it up and work at it.

Now, before you start going off saying I love everything SE has ever done, understand that my personal opinion is that any WS number over 5000 is a little insane. I would have had it be something like 0 to start, and 50 more points for each additional floor not cleared. That would have placed the limit at 5000, which I feel is reasonable considering a person would have had to do nothing except walk into Nyzul, get a drop, and never visit it again for this to be the case.

So, Shufflesx, you can look at this two ways. Either you will be one of the first people to post proof of a WS unlocking with a disk with under 20 clears on it, or you will get fed up enough to make your Nyzul static work instead. The only other alternative is you will just get too frustrated and quit, but with the level of effort already put forth, I think that would be a foolish option.

Whichever path you choose, know that this situation is infinitely better than if a Runic Key was required to obtain the new weaponskills. You get choices now. The choices all suck, in one way or another, but we, as a community, get to bend over and take it in our own prefered way. I personally am just going to wait about a month (which takes patience, but so does doing ~10,000 WSs on crabs. Are you seeing a general patern to this madness yet?) and just get my Runic Key, and spend a few hours breaking my weapon. I know it's going to take a long time either way, but this way I spend less man hours working towards the goal. I have this option, but I also spent about a month trying to get a nice solid static of people to do Nyzul with that are good at it, and enjoy it as much as I do. So, don't go off thinking the world hates you and everyone else has a cakewalk with Nyzul Isle.

TLDR: We know it sucks. You have told us repeatedly it sucks. It could be worse. SE isn't going to fix it. This isn't the place to complain to attempt to even get it fixed. I think someone needs a hug.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    TLDR: We know it sucks. You have told us repeatedly it sucks. It could be worse. SE isn't going to fix it. This isn't the place to complain to attempt to even get it fixed. I think someone needs a hug.
    He just likes to bitch about everything is all. This is only the tip of the iceberg. You should see LS chat.

Nice try but I hardly bitch in ls chat. I have already proved that I can post 3 postive things and say one negative and people will ignore the postive and only focus on the negative.

Actually I bet SE does change this, next big update it will change.

My bitching comes at people acting like its just some simple thing to do for everyone to just go up the floors, it is not. Different people have different time restrictions, not sure why poeple just dont understand that.

I also hate when people agree that something is wrong, but sit and do nothing. Shouldnt we try to change it if we can?

Look what I have got mad it, its the comments from the people here as in they just like to just take what is given them and think they should be happy for whatever you get. I think people forget we are the customers and SE is supposed to service us, not the other way around.

I always thought the way nyzul was setup in the beginning was stupid that only one person gets record, people in my ls bitch at me for having an opinion, SE changes it because they realize it needed adjusting.

I complained that the campaign point requirment getting more and more the longer you dont do campaign was stupid because you penalized peopel for going on vacation or doing other new content that may come out in a patch. SE changed that, they realized it was wrong.

Not agreeing with something that SE does is not complaining, people are allowed to have an opinion, its just that people in this game think that if you go against what SE has done, then it must be bitching.

I really don't know how some people in this game survive in real life.

THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I really don't know how some people in this game survive in real life.

They don't sit and whine for HOURS, they get the job done instead, which is more constructive.