+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Thread: WS Quest     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir View Post
    There are more important things to bitch to SE about other than the fact that you fail at having 5 friends to floor up. Hell you can get to 20 with 4 people.

If you want to be outraged, pick something worthwhile like AV to be outraged about.

On a separate note thank you for the link to the WS point thing Shaolin, I will know once and for all if my dissector is finally broke
    This is fucking ridiculous.

No disrespect to the HNM enthusiasts out there, but saying that Virtue--an NM that less than an eighth of any server will ever fight, much less get drops from--is somehow a larger priority than an event regularly attended by practically all players, is stupid.

For the record, I do respect S-E's intentions, which are to promote Nyzul Isle progression by making it the more palatable of two choices(I tend to think they don't use this tactic enough), but, as usual, I also think S-E failed to understand when to say when.

As a personal example, my schedule pretty much forbids play anytime beyond the weekend. If I'm lucky, I can hop on 30 minutes every other night to bullshit(or, to bust out a few Weapon Skills on whatever). That said, it's selfish and counterproductive for me tie a set group down or to wait every weekend for an opportunity to climb floors. The number of people with similar situations is not small, and shuffles' case isn't uncommon either.

So does this mean we're just shit outta luck with 8k+ Weapon Skill points just because we could only get a few floors?

S-E is great at completely lowballing an idea or completely fucking overdoing it, in this case, the latter applies.

New Odin
    BG Level

I've done a few pickups last few weeks, gotten about 15 floors done like that, with around 6 tags. Didn't have to look for long too, which was nice considering it was past JP primetime

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I've done a few pick up groups too. doing HNM 20/40/60/80/100 went fine, but twice now we've had problems getting off floor 1 with pickups. So just saying climB floors with random people should work, it doenst. The time I did get to 5, there was 30 seconds left after the floor was beat.....

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Somethings just aren't worth waiting for. Why are people so bent out of shape over 1000's of WS points? Even if its 200,000,000 WS points , shit would still take less time then a Relic and people stopped bitching about time it takes to get those years ago.

People would rather WS and complain, then work together with 5 people for 20 nyzul isle runs to clear a disc. Square is not forcing you to clean 1000's of points. If you want an new WS and not willing to climb to 100 floor or do 1000's of WS, upgrade a relic instead and enjoy that new WS.

At the end of the day you'll spend all this time complaining and hours of WS's for Weapon skills you will hardly use (unless you're a pup or looking to SC).

"LOL seems like all the WS spam has gotten to you."

Ya think, killing the same 3 crabs over and over for 40+ hours will drive you over the edge.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    This is fucking ridiculous.

No disrespect to the HNM enthusiasts out there, but saying that Virtue--an NM that less than an eighth of any server will ever fight, much less get drops from--is somehow a larger priority than an event regularly attended by practically all players, is stupid.

For the record, I do respect S-E's intentions, which are to promote Nyzul Isle progression by making it the more palatable of two choices(I tend to think they don't use this tactic enough), but, as usual, I also think S-E failed to understand when to say when.

As a personal example, my schedule pretty much forbids play anytime beyond the weekend. If I'm lucky, I can hop on 30 minutes every other night to bullshit(or, to bust out a few Weapon Skills on whatever). That said, it's selfish and counterproductive for me tie a set group down or to wait every weekend for an opportunity to climb floors. The number of people with similar situations is not small, and shuffles' case isn't uncommon either.

So does this mean we're just shit outta luck with 8k+ Weapon Skill points just because we could only get a few floors?

S-E is great at completely lowballing an idea or completely fucking overdoing it, in this case, the latter applies.

My Nyzul group only goes once a week(4runs). The other tags are for assaults to built points for Salvage.

Jim I would never do this for any of the other, but for a pup, this ws will change alot, it takes me 15 mins to kill a T mob because I do so little dmg and with evasion gear my ws doing 250-300. Make that a 1-1.2k ws, it really makes a different.

this also should put this on par with other jobs in merit parties.

but still, if something is off the deep end like this is, we have the right to tell SE we are not happy, we pay to play this game, we are the customers. The people that just say, oh well, are the ones that probably will get stepped on their whole life.

and SE will adjust it if enough people complain, and there is nothing wrong with doing so. Otherwise, lets just put AV and PW back to how they were before the main patch, no big deal, keep them unbeatable.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    (unless you're a pup or looking to SC).
    You do realize how much this WS would mean to a pup?

Aselin

That Japanese player may not be too far from the truth, honestly.

Taking what has been posted so far, the chart looks like this:

Freehanding a best-fit curve, we get the following:

So, it's not simply 5000 points at Floor 0, it's starting to look like it's much more than that. 5000 points would probably be between Floors 30 to 40.

Is it necessary to climb higher floors?

Looking at the chart above, definitely worth it unless you feel like getting thousands of points to unlock the Weapon Skill.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Go fucking climb to floor 100 and stop being a retard.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

No no no guys. Some players have engaged these weapon skill points using unanticipated methods which led to extended battle time. It is by no means the desire of the development team to see players involved in encounters that require an excessive amount of time and effort to complete.

Look at it this way:
    At least you can get it at all. A runic key could've very well been *required* to get it.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Too much Q_Q about Nyzul groups and not enough hard evidence other than "Well on paper I have xxx points".

40+ hours of WS's? Think 30hrs of that could have been spent shouting or advertising on forums for a group to go with. I'm in an all-around HNM LS and we got events everyday except Saturdays, so I take the time on Saturday to go with a small group of people and shout for the rest. It's not hard, and takes about 10min to get 2-3 more people of the right caliber to finish a few floors.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ok. looking at that graph, how can anyone not see that as crazy. nevermind how easy you may think it is to climb a few floors, that is outlandish and could easily be 20k points @ 0...

"Go fucking climb to floor 100 and stop being a retard."

Fuck you asshole.

New Odin
    BG Level

Ya it is crazy. SE is hinting at something: "No you're not going to get it done without doing nyzul"

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

pretty much. but with all this said, I see shouts all the time for 1-5. /shrug

Jaybar, I have a set, problem is there is always one or two of them busy at all times we try and setup, we been trying to get to gether for a while now, we tried with 3 other day and get from floor 6-8, then the fourth logged on and we had one more tag and doing good and hit a 5 lamp floor.

since then, limbus, dynamis etc. and 2 people arent around this weekend. Only reason I got to 10 was someoen was short a person and I got from 5-10 but all my other tags were gone from the night before.

I hate when people make it sound like its really easy for them therefore it has to be easy for everyone, guess what, things dont work that way.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Emorej View Post
    you can do it with just 4? arent there up to 5 lamps on some floors? and how do you kill an army of flayers with 4 in a timely manor? or Dhalka(sp) Im interested to here this.
    The floor we had 5 lamps on two were close together, most of the time it was less than 5 lamps.

How often have you seen an 'army of flayers or a Dhaak' on a floor < 20. I think I have maybe MAYBE seen a Dhaak once, and more than 2 soulflayers once.

Shufflesx if your people can't make it, REPLACE THEM. How hard is that? Seriously you people are acting like Nyzul is the toughest event in the game. I really can't seem to find a fiddle small enough for you right now.

I would indeed be outraged if getting this WS took 10,000 points, however it doesn't. It only takes that much if you are lazy. I am sure they would be much more sympathetic over at Alla, they probably even have a petition started for SE to just give you the skill at level 1!!!!!!!!!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My last run 10-15 had 5 Soulflayers, and the one before that had a Dahak.

The run before that had 4 Soulflayers and 6 Black Puddings.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag