Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: WS Quest     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

WS Quest information - Read OP before asking a question!

There is an immortal in the hallway in the Goblin junk shop (Lower Jeuno) which starts the quest. It updated my log, which looks like this:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...908_142358.jpg

- You MUST have the weapon equipped when you talk to the immortal to trigger the quest.

-If you on the quest "An Imperial Heist", there is no option for your weapon to be returned from Abquhbah. However, if you trade him a different nyzul weapon he will return your original. Note: He won't even hold on to the weapon you just traded him, so both will end up in your inventory.
    Likely still worth calling a GM about since it's bugged no matter how you look at it.

-Nyzul random NM's may now drop weapons, in addition to the treasure chest.

-posession of a Runic key will allow useage of the new WS after 250 points are accumilated. Points are gathered just like previous weapon skill quests.

-with a runic key, after 250 WS points are accumilated, the WS will become available. Trading the weapon to the quest NPC will allow the WS to be used with any weapon of the same type. You WILL get your weapon back afterwards.

-There are 4 "levels" of completion that the npc will tell you so you can chart your progress. It is as follows:

Dialog Table Entry 00520 Hmm...
    I sense only a mote of energy p-p-present. You still have a long way to go, it seems.≺Prompt≻

Dialog Table Entry 00521 Aaah, yes...
    I can feel a marked increase in energy compared to when I first held it. Keep up the good w-w-work, hee hee hee...≺Prompt≻

Dialog Table Entry 00522 Goodness g-g-gracious me!
    The energy within is threatening to b-b-burst forth! It won't be long now, hee hee hee...≺Prompt≻

Dialog Table Entry 00523 You've done it! Energy is overflowing as though the floodg-g-gates have burst open!≺Prompt≻
    -The number of floors cleared in Nyzul Isle decreases how many WS points it takes to unlock your weaponskill. A floor 0 disk means an excess of 14,000 WS points must be accumlilated to obtain the weaponskill. This decreases by around 160 points per floor of nyzul you successfully clear. The actual amount per floor is listed below.

- You CAN have more than 1 WS quest active at the same time. You must talk to the immortal with each weapon equipped on the corresponding job before you start collecting WS points. Different jobs show up as different entries in your quest log. NOT TALKING TO THE NPC BEFORE STARTING YOUR POINTS WILL GIVE YOU NO CREDIT TOWARD UNLOCK, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

-If you have the started collecting points, and are still climbing Nyzul Isle, the weaponskill will unlock itself if your WS points match or exceed the amount needed for the current floor you just cleared.

-Your current skill level with the weapon does not matter. You may still obtain the weaponskill as long as you fulfill the point requirement.

-The good folks at windower.net have a download for the weapon checker, which shows you how many points you've accumilated. You must zone to see your current point value. I highly recommend going there for it.

-This is the list of points that are needed to unlock depending on what floor your disk is at. Thanks to Fwahm for writing this all out.

100: 250
    95: 580
    90: 680
    85: 780
    80: 880
    75: 1,160
    70: 1,360
    65: 1,560
    60: 1,760
    55: 2,320
    50: 2,720
    45: 3,120
    40: 3,520
    35: 4,640
    30: 5,440
    25: 6,240
    20: 7,040
    15: 9,280
    10: 10,880
    5: 12,480
    0: 14,080

The formulas for this are:

100: 250

80-99 : 500+20*(99-x)

60-79 : 1000+40*(79-x)

40-59 : 2000+80*(59-x)

20-39 : 4000+160*(39-x)

00-19 : 8000+320*(19-x)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm having trouble actually getting my Brave Blade back from Abqubah. He's totally not offering an option, what the hell do I need to do?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

If you gave it to Abqubah you need another. Trading to him starts relic quest, it's the Salvage storage guy who stores the weapons.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

get a new one like it said in the update notes

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

thought there was something in the notes about having to trade a bronze piece to him now to get it back.

edit: update notes say you have to pay a bronze piece in order to store them now.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The update notes said that you could get a weapon BACK from Abqubah, although they encouraged going to get a new one instead.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Players who have already embarked upon the quest sequence for their mythic weapon may tackle the new weapon skill quests concurrently. Those players who have already received their Nyzul weapon and entrusted it to Abquhbah, however, are encouraged to travel back to the Isle and acquire the weapon once more.

* Abquhbah will return your weapon if asked politely, but please note that this will result in all mythic weapon quest data from "Duties, Tasks, and Deeds" onward being cleared from your record.
    Yeah, guess it depends how much progress you have on that.

Although if you have a Runic Key hopping to 100 as PLD would be fast as shit.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Yeah, guess it depends how much progress you have on that.

Although if you have a Runic Key hopping to 100 as PLD would be fast as shit.
    Not when your Nyzul runs are on specific days and you can only make them on Saturday due to Salvage. I don't want to wait until next weekend. >(

Makes more sense to get my Brave Blade back now and then get another one later when I'm actually closer to 100,000 Ampoules for the Balrahn patch.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Do me a favor actually Therin, try to trade it to the LJ NPC as a job that isn't PLD and see if it lets you start quest.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Do me a favor actually Therin, try to trade it to the LJ NPC as a job that isn't PLD and see if it lets you start quest.
    If I can figure out how to get the sword back, I will.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

k, I have one stored but only 70 PLD atm, would like to know if I can still start the quest while I'm in town then just break it out when I hit 75.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Looks like a brainless oversight. If you're on the naja NM hunt, there's no option to get your weapon back, but from what that pol note said the option appears if you're on the qq part. I'm going to go stab someone.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Trading a Bronzepiece didn't work (besides, the update notes say Ghanraam).

I'm getting three options when I talk to Abqubah:

Abqubah: Do you have one of the weapons?
    - Right here.
    - Not just yet.
    - Ummm... Could I see that list again?

The first option prompts you to trade a new weapon to him but otherwise does nothing. The second option closes the dialogue box entirely and nothing happens. The third option causes him to repeat the entire list of NQ mythic weapons that he'll accept to begin the quest. Regardless of which option you choose, you have to zone in order to get the dialogue box again after choosing one.

It sounds like my progress was cleared and now I can't get my weapon back, but the odd thing is that if I talk to Naja right now she still gives me the three orders (kings, chariots, Odin step), so clearly the game knows that I've accessed the quest, but it seems like Abqubah has forgotten.

Any suggestions? @_@

EDIT: ^ What that guy above me said.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    Any suggestions? @_@

EDIT: ^ What that guy above me said.
    I'm debating calling a GM, because I really doubt they intended this to happen... hum.

Edit: Called a GM, just as poster below me. Suppose we'll see.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

k, I have one stored but only 70 PLD atm, would like to know if I can still start the quest while I'm in town then just break it out when I hit 75.
    guy in LS said you have to equip the Weapon, so no you can't.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I already called a GM under the premise: "NPC Abquhbah bugged and not reacting properly."

9 calls ahead, so let's see.

Next I'm going to run to Jeuno to see if I just am automatically flagged for the quest, but that's a long shot. From the sounds of it I won't be able to start progress on getting Atonement until there's either an emergency maintenance or I beat Odin and the two other beastmen kings, which obviously is INFURIATING.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Thanks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yes weapon must be equipped or you wont get the ws, updating OP.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Mentions something about a Runic Key?
    To tired to understand what they mean...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...908_233530.png

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

To start the WS quest you HAVE to be on that job with it equipped and just talk to the NPC, you cant be on another job and trade it. I know cuz i did it myself testing blm wep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast