Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: /brd still works!!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

/brd still works!!

just like mega reduced

15 songs at level 61 gave me 10xp and 7 allied notes.

Wonder what you will have to do to get full xp with songs now

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Good.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I tried both with 75 blm/brd and 75 brd/whm with 15 songs over 4 minutes, both tests resulted in 15 limit points gained.

I'd suspect that a bard need to buff other persons than himself for more points or something (haven't tested this). Otherwise poor brds would have a hard time getting exp in campaign..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

brds already had a hard time getting exp in campaign just playing support. Need to melee to get decent points...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Which makes SE fail again, they should of just left them. Its not like they fixed besiged at all for lv10 jobs leeching exp lol.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zidiane View Post
    Which makes SE fail again, they should of just left them. Its not like they fixed besiged at all for lv10 jobs leeching exp lol.
    Level 10s die alot and if not raised at the end you get no exp.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasaz View Post
    Good.
    ^

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Bumping this so I don't start a new thread.

Question: Did they fix it so that you actually get EXP for doing your job? Like, if I go on SCH and I want to just nuke, drain/aspir etc., occasionally cure people, will I get good exp or do I still need to spam buffs and cures and nukes while meleeing?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No..

Nuking gives shit experience. It has a cap of 300 or something. You can do many many 900+ tier IVs and don't get no where near 1,000xp :/.

For me, the occasional buffs, healing and enfeebling were the bulk of my xp. With the nerf now, if you want want decent points, you NEED to melee.

Aspir does not give points at all.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah I was hoping they fixed bots by fixing the system. Oh fail.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    No..

Nuking gives shit experience. It has a cap of 300 or something. You can do many many 900+ tier IVs and don't get no where near 1,000xp :/.

For me, the occasional buffs, healing and enfeebling were the bulk of my xp. With the nerf now, if you want want decent points, you NEED to melee.

Aspir does not give points at all.
    I regularly bring in 1500+ xp with nuking being the primary thing that I do, even before the update I was able to do this.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Toksyuryel View Post
    I regularly bring in 1500+ xp with nuking being the primary thing that I do, even before the update I was able to do this.
    Same. It makes me wonder how long your Campaign rounds are lasting and if you're consistently refreshing tags.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How much damage are you taking? Damage taken doesn't have a cap, and if your AOEing and getting raped by a gang of monsters that brings in a lot of xp.

at least it does for me.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

I avoid taking damage for the most part, but I do get a lot of killshots and those supposedly carry a 100 point bonus, so that could be part of it. But on longer fights I've gotten like 2-3k so idk. I don't tend to refresh my tags often either, even though I probably should.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    How much damage are you taking? Damage taken doesn't have a cap, and if your AOEing and getting raped by a gang of monsters that brings in a lot of xp.

at least it does for me.
    hahaha thats what I have been doing

Watching 5-6 mobs hack away at the building, one good -ga spell and thats a easy 1k+ dmg (resist much? >.>) + a ass kicking for exp.

So... over the weekend I run out to Meriph[tab] to do some Campaign, and as I'm engaged and wailing on a Fortification, I notice a cluster of /anon and mid-level players wearing little or no gear clumped together to my left. On a /sea, they are all in party, assumedly together.

Every 60 seconds or so, a bomb appears in the middle of the group, up against the fort, ticks away, then explodes.

What exactly am I looking at? Is this /brd 2.0? Has anyone else seen this?

Sorry, no SS, I wasn't really thinking much on it at the time.

Ive been seeing that too. Looks like Slaughterhouse CP Ops spam but im a little skeptical.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

That means they didn't fix the Slaughterhouse Campaigns Op glitch where if you're in party with someone they can get the exp from your bomb. Probably not known widespread because people don't want it to be fixed, I reported it before after I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halion View Post
    That means they didn't fix the Slaughterhouse Campaigns Op glitch where if you're in party with someone they can get the exp from your bomb. Probably not known widespread because people don't want it to be fixed, I reported it before after I found it.
    Wafik wru >_>

Do what you did the in Madame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis G View Post
    Wafik wru >_>

Do what you did the in Madame thread.
    This isn't as bad as the /brd thing, because it requires either RMT-style dual-boxing, or a lot more coordination to get a number of people to work off each other.

Also, you need zones controlled by the beastmen (which technically isn't guaranteed).

It's also gone on a lot longer than THE GLITCH THAT SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED, so I'm almost inclined to believe it's not a mistake, unlike THE GLITCH THAT SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED.