Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Yes it does, although I am not for certain if bullet damage even has any real affect on LS damage, so you may be able to swap out the Steel Bullets for it, but I still need to test that.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i got my Stringing Pummel about 30 mins ago and didnt really test it much cos i was moving on to my 4th weapon on RDM...

It looks weird is all i can say.. lol damage wise i was doing 600dmg on ep crabs lol in crap haste gear.. so actualy i have nothing good to contribute regarding this at the moment

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I only played with Tachi:Rana a little last night and TP did not seem to affect it much in my experience. The bigger WS numbers with it were Double Attacks. 100>200TP w/ Hagun was doing about the same damage, I did not see this 2-300 damage improvement. I also tested Hagun vs Windslicer on L.Colibri and both WSs were doing the same damage, Hagun beat it by a small amount usually.

I'd wager it has a pretty smal first hit fTP. Rana was also doing about the same damage as Kasha/Gekko on Robber Crabs and other mobs in Cape Terrigan(600s). Didn't see any big changes when swapping between full STr for WS and Full DEX so it possibly has a smaller mod on it as well. Granted, I don't know all that much about testing mods/fTP/etc. If nothing is going on when Emergency Maint is over I'll go try to mirror Kirchy's tests with Hagun/Soboro/Ushi WSs on Rabbits or something and post it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i got my Stringing Pummel about 30 mins ago and didnt really test it much cos i was moving on to my 4th weapon on RDM...

It looks weird is all i can say.. lol damage wise i was doing 600dmg on ep crabs lol in crap haste gear.. so actualy i have nothing good to contribute regarding this at the moment
    Good to hear, I know you will be quite dedicated when you get down to actual data collecting and testing. I just wanted to know if PUP finally had a nice meripo WS I guess. :/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Went inside to garden, fighting VT mobs it's still 750.
    Whats your Max HP? Maybe thats the Mod to it?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Zidiane View Post
    That would make sense, as a Mithra PLD in my LS was getting 680 consistently with it.

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    I can confirm 750ish dmg on Atonement, 1k+ with DA.
    What exactly is DA in my vocabulary it's dragon aery ;_;

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If Tachi: Rana have comparable damage to YGK, then maybe non usu feet SAM could toss their hachiman part because the extra 1-2 hit from WS could close the gap last 1-2% TP to 100% TP

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SubzeroDiabolos View Post
    What exactly is DA in my vocabulary it's dragon aery ;_;
    Double attack -.-

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Zidiane View Post
    Actually wasn't me, but we did think of that. He tried stacking HP and the damage went down. I'm not an expert on this kind of testing, but I'm stumped. We can get it to go down with lower STR values, but not up. When I logged last night he was trying to get some more STR as his WS set last night was just thrown together stuff that carried over from his War. As I recall his total STR for these tests was 128.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    That would make sense, as a Mithra PLD in my LS was getting 680 consistently with it.
    I'm thinking possibly something like DMG = (max HP / 2)? Possible multiplier of 1.5 on an additional hit?

Could someone test to see if it's possibly Max HP, or current HP? This could easily become a replacement for Spirits Within.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Did anyone figure out the modifiers for Mystic Boon yet?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darkevolution View Post
    DNC WS opened darkness; Went Pyrrhic Kleos>Impulse Drive>Darkness

Also did Steel Cyclone>Pyrrhic Kleos>Scission.

Other than that, it looked cool :D

Dmg was like 400-450 on steelshells. Didn't test WS Mods yet.

Interesting did you test it with wild flourish for a self sc?

Anything on Trueflight and Mordant Rime yet in terms of Mods?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm going to unlock/test primal rend tonight. It's a light elemental ws (lol). Can explain/link how to test this?

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

After recalculating Kirschy's data, I determined it has to have higher fTP than .37 at 111 TP. If it was that low, then the stat mods would have to be approximately 100% each and would make the damage with the +stats be much higher. Also, the damage numbers are strangely close to each other for some reason. It could be randomness. It could be some weird pDIF thing.

The model that makes the most sense to me is 50STR/50INT .48 fTP (I'm guessing .45 at 100 tp). I'm not very confident about it though. I do know that barring a complete formula ovrehaul, .35 is too low.

The bottom line is we need more testing. My insurgency will take a while; we're doing 4 nyzul a week and we're restarting at 1 next run so everyone can get the full disc and the key.

Also note that with stat mods that high, it could definitely outdo Guillotine.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    I'm thinking possibly something like DMG = (max HP / 2)? Possible multiplier of 1.5 on an additional hit?

Could someone test to see if it's possibly Max HP, or current HP? This could easily become a replacement for Spirits Within.
    Well, someone said the damage went down with less STR gear, so unless that was solely as a result of his change in max HP, then the formula has to take STR into account. It could be that switching from stuff like homam and Koenig helm to Hecatomb reduced the max HP enough to drop the results, though.

If that's the case, this WS is going to be really fucking amazing for PLD DD on high level mobs, except now we're all going to have to invest in HP+ WS sets instead of STR+, lol.

Once I unlock it I'll do some definitive tests, but with emergency maintenance in under two hours it'll be a while.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    Well, someone said the damage went down with less STR gear, so unless that was solely as a result of his change in max HP, then the formula has to take STR into account. It could be that switching from stuff like homam and Koenig helm to Hecatomb reduced the max HP enough to drop the results, though.

If that's the case, this WS is going to be really fucking amazing for PLD DD on high level mobs, except now we're all going to have to invest in HP+ WS sets instead of STR+, lol.
    Could be something goofy like VIT as a modifier too. If I could pull constant 750s on Merit type mobs without needing an insane WS build, I'd be a happy guy. I might have to quest a different Gorget though, since I don't just having Soil is going to cut it anymore apparently...

Edit: Maybe the damage is just straight up ATK * Number of hits?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Edit: Maybe the damage is just straight up ATK * Number of hits?
    No way, you could do like 1500 consistently with food and BRD songs, haha.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I hope it's not HP based, kinda kills Organics hotness