Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...wsBMPImage.jpg

Vs. T1 boss in Einherjar (Manticore).

Used about a +50~ STR Setup. Was easily outparsing asuran fists by 300-500 damage.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sehrahin View Post

Edit: And I tried stacking boost x10 in Saruta with AF gloves but didn't increase damage.
    your attack was prolly capped vs those before the first boost

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    your attack was prolly capped vs those before the first boost

was a question before if boost had secret effect on it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    OK I lied...I can't get more than 350 damage eating meat on Yagudo in campaign using Mystic Boon...

This WS is really fucking weird.
    I finally got my Runic Key and Mystic Boon last night, so I'll try and test Shadow/Snow gorgets and some modifiers tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully I'll find a BRD to hijack and make things easy.

CLWolf81

O.O Death Blossom officially rocks!

Death Blossom > Tachi: Kasha = Light
    Tachi: Kasha > Death Blossom = Light

But thats not the shocker....

Death Blossom > Retribution = Darkness

O.O Just wow... Makes skilling up weapon much better for lower tier level people. As if being pushy on your rdms was bad enough.... "WS with me pleaaaze!...." I can see it now...

Liquidedust

Quote Originally Posted by CLWolf81 View Post
    O.O Death Blossom officially rocks!

Death Blosson > Tachi: Kasha = Light
    Tachi: Kasha > Death Blossom = Light

But thats not the shocker....

Death Blossom > Retribution = Darkness

O.O Just wow... Makes skilling up weapon much better for lower tier level people. As if being pushy on your rdms was bad enough.... "WS with me pleaaaze!...." I can see it now...
    Uhmmm so that makes it Fragmentation A and Distortion B then? (since it cannot be Scission).

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

As if being pushy on your rdms was bad enough.... "WS with me pleaaaze!...." I can see it now...
    I highly doubt that. Pretty neat they made another WS like Ground Strike though.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

shit i thought i was crazy when i made darkness with ground strike

CLWolf81

I'll post pictures of the Darkness chain later if you need evidence... duoing atm to get Omniscience LOL

oh and btw... The red mage I've been speaking with has said...

1) She's never missed yet...
    2) Guspiere does help increase the physical damage some with it.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I highly doubt that. Pretty neat they made another WS like Ground Strike though.
    It's still fun, me and Tan were doing DB > Atonement Light on Ix'DRK to show off, the SC got fully resisted but I did follow with a really nice Thunder MB, lol.

In related news, honestly I have yet to see any noticeable difference from the Death Blossom added effect. I tried it on things where I can occasionally land debuffs but not usually, like Nyzul Khimaira, and other things here and there that are just picky resisting things like nukes and enspells like Aura Statues, and I really saw no noticeable decrease in resists. Granted it's hard as hell to quantify Magic Acc/Evasion but I'm still not super impressed with the effect.

CLWolf81

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    It's still fun, me and Tan were doing DB > Atonement Light on Ix'DRK to show off, the SC got fully resisted but I did follow with a really nice Thunder MB, lol.

In related news, honestly I have yet to see any noticeable difference from the Death Blossom added effect. I tried it on things where I can occasionally land debuffs but not usually, like Nyzul Khimaira, and other things here and there that are just picky resisting things like nukes and enspells like Aura Statues, and I really saw no noticeable decrease in resists. Granted it's hard as hell to quantify Magic Acc/Evasion but I'm still not super impressed with the effect.
    Honestly, not impressed very much either. Granted, I wasnt on Dark Arts when casting an MB Aspir on a crab, but still it was about 40-60 on MB Aspirs after Darkness chain from Death Blossom > Retribution.

With Voidstorm + Dark Arts up, got around 130 on aspir... Its not bad for an MB....

Oh and....

Retribution > Death Blossom = Fragmentation. Take it as you will.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Honestly, not impressed very much either. Granted, I wasnt on Dark Arts when casting an MB Aspir on a crab, but still it was about 40-60 on MB Aspirs after Darkness chain from Death Blossom > Retribution.

With Voidstorm + Dark Arts up, got around 130 on aspir... Its not bad for an MB....

Oh and....

Retribution > Death Blossom = Fragmentation. Take it as you will.
    Death Blossom is Fragmention A and Distortion B. That's why it makes fragmentation in one direction, and darkness in the other.

I got Insurgency last night.

Initial tests have it doing just about exactly the same damage as Guillotine. Can't say I see a difference at all. Haven't seen any weird spike damage either.

However, I did notice something really weird. Here is a few numbers from last night. All numbers are /SAM, no buffs except Hasso, at 100ish TP, no food.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f4...Insurgency.jpg

The 1454 is with 1 DA proc. All the DA procs I had did 1.4k-1.5k, which is pretty typical. The others shown are 4 hits, except two that missed the first hit. Can you guess which?

You can't right? Because there isn't really a difference in damage. The 1030 and 1059 both missed the first hit.

Any idea why this WS would do more or less exactly the same damage with a 3 TP return, as it would with full TP return?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Maybe Insurgency gives bonus damage to critical hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Maybe Insurgency gives bonus damage to critical hits?
    Huh? I don't understand. The WS isn't labeled as critical damage, but if it does crit damage anyway....are you saying one of the last 3 hits was a crit that made up for the loss of the first hit?

I guess that's possible....maybe....but on 3-4 WSs I missed the first hit and Insurgency never did less than 1k. So that is sort of a big coincidence that the crits landed when I happened to miss the first hit.

Also, if the WS does more or less the same damage with/without the first hit then I don't know how useful the "20% STR/INT" info is.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hexagram23 View Post
    Huh? I don't understand. The WS isn't labeled as critical damage, but if it does crit damage anyway....are you saying one of the last 3 hits was a crit that made up for the loss of the first hit?
    At least 2 of the other WS are mislabeled in the help text, so that's possible. BRD WS does Gravity but says Slow, Tachi: Rana says TP affects damage when it affects acc, there may be others not yet found.

A. Body
    BG Level

It's possible that, unlike most WSs, the multiplier starts on the hit that lands first rather than the first hit that goes out. 'Course, the problem with that theory is why would the TP return remain the same as the old system? Another theory I have is that the multiplier lasts for a certain number of hits (rather than just the first), which would explain some of the numbers, but that's probably more of a leap.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

It may even have something special going on with it like Atonement where missed hits don't matter, if I remember correctly someone saw single-hit TP return but got the full 720 or w/e.

BRD WS and Tachi: Rana aren't mislabeled....well technically they are but they are mistranslated. Insurgency says the same thing in Japanese as it does in English, and has no mention of critical hits in either.

Here is something else. I'll take some more pics, but anytime a hit would miss past the first one....for example instead of getting 20 TP from 4 hits, I got 18 TP, etc. it would do less damage....around 800ish. However, missing the first hit would do the same damage as if no hits were missed.

A. Body
    BG Level

That'd be kinda funny. DRK was always seen as a miss-machine back in the dark ages and now there might be a WS that does good damage even if you wiff a lot.