+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    Its got Lt. Cedric Daniels in it.
    ive decided this is the only good thing about the show.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    Its got Lt. Cedric Daniels in it.
    Hell yeah! The Wire ftw.

Jimmy McNulty coulda been the old crazy scientist too if he was 20 years older.

Just caught the pilot on DVR last night and enjoyed it. Maybe it was the limited commercial interruptions.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I enjoyed the second episode quite a bit. There are only a handful of shows that have good continuous episodes after their Pilot. Joshua Jackson seemed less annoying/obnoxius, and the mystery itself was pretty cool. I was never huge on x-files, while I did enjoy it, I never saw every episode or considered myself a fanatic.

I'll keep watching this show, just to see what they can come up with each week.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm sorry, but this show is awful. I was willing to give it a second chance after the terrible pilot, but wow, they sunk to a new low.

Spewing random scientific-sounding words != "science"

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I liked it. It could be because my taste in shows has gone down since only thing I watch now is Family Guy and Simpsons (aside from that tv has gone to shit in general). Or it could be because I really really really miss the X-Files (before Mulder left). Hopefully this show will get better as it goes on, even X-Files was shakey at the start.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I liked it. It could be because my taste in shows has gone down since only thing I watch now is Family Guy and Simpsons (aside from that tv has gone to shit in general). Or it could be because I really really really miss the X-Files (before Mulder left). Hopefully this show will get better as it goes on, even X-Files was shakey at the start.
    Yeah, I remember X-Files being boring when it first started. Hell, I thought Heroes was boring for the first few episodes. I'm sure there is one central plot, but you can't expect them to give it to you immediately. What would Lost be like if they gave you all the answers right away? I don't think it'd have nearly as many viewers as it does now. It may not be the greatest show, but it certainly beats most of the other fall shows so far.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I know I already commented, but I just thought I'd add for the sake of fairness that the only reason I've been watching it is because it's on after House; if it were competing w/ something, or otherwise just "on" and I had no other reason to watch TV, I probably wouldn't be watching this. At least, not right now.

But like many have said it definitely has potential to go places, just gotta get there :<

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

He should have put more effort into petitioning to make lost have 24 eps per season again so we can have more storyline instead of branching off into other shows

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    I know I already commented, but I just thought I'd add for the sake of fairness that the only reason I've been watching it is because it's on after House; if it were competing w/ something, or otherwise just "on" and I had no other reason to watch TV, I probably wouldn't be watching this. At least, not right now.

But like many have said it definitely has potential to go places, just gotta get there :<
    D.V.R.

My fall Monday's are fucking terrible. Monday Night Football, Prison Break, and Heroes. Most anticipated series for me this fall however is CSI. Man, I can't believe the plot twist with Warrick. Can't wait til it starts back up.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fringe is good entertainment and helps to tide me over until Lost comes back.

The one major problem I couldn't get over in this week's episode was how does a sperm and an egg grow to a full grown adult in an instant. Where does it attain the mass to increase it's size a zillion times over? And by the way, there are no pituitary glands in an embryo. The whole premise was faulty. Nice idea but they never addressed these things so it ruined it for me.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Second ep was pretty good. I will probably keep up with this show with dl's.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh, and why did the guy's hair turn grey at the end? Really? Do they know what hair is?

Man, if they are going to write a show about geniuses with IQ's of 190 working in fringe science then they might want to have some writers who have at least a high school level of scientific understanding.

I am going to try my best not to get hung up on future science fuck ups of which I know there will be many.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Groovebox View Post
    I loved it... interesting characters and very X-Files/LOSTish. The music was fantastic too (LOST uses the same composer)... I also thought the location titles were full of win, instead of just showing you a normal title card, they integrated the titles into the scene. There is an encore on Sunday at 8/7c in case anyone missed it.
    Really? I hated the location titles.

Anyway, I was not impressed. This whole thing was done a lot better by many different shows before. (X-Files and Torchwood come immediately screaming to mind.) I can't say that I remember a single character, nor do I care about any of them. (Even the wacky professor.) It's just so uninspired, and just makes me all the more sad that Dollhouse will not be on until next year and will be canceled within 3 episodes.

I give it one Claustrum. (Only because I couldn't give it a half a Claustrum.)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Those location titles look like they had an intern who just learned how to use photoshop make them

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I liked the location titles. I didn't think the second episode was as good as the pilot, but I'll stick around at least a couple more weeks in hopes that it picks up.

gonna save some hot babes and punch radiation in the mouth.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Frostwolf

The leading protagonist chick... she can't act. Show is ok, but the bitch really ruins it for me. Her facial expressions no, her face, just kills me. Robo hag seems interesting but she talks too goddamn much(blah blah oh, youre a chick in a men's world, blah blah, look at me peel of my skin cuz i has robot arm, blah blah you can has job?!, blah blah etc.) show would have been better with better actors. Like someone mentioned, this show will probably appeal to the masses so it'll get canceled real soon.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

I liked the location titles if only because it's kinda unique as far as shows go that I've seen.

A. Body
    BG Level

here's the thing about television entertainment: when you pick up that remote, leave that brain on the table

the fault is yours

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I like this show alot. The X-files junkie in me loves it.

This guy wins the show
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3150/...a64abac832.jpg

good show indeed