+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    When they applied, for example as lv 100 LC to the LS, we expect them to craft items for the LS (not members) and give any result back to the LS.
    That'd be a LS I wouldn't join.

The only way something like that would be fair would be if you made every single member get to 100 in some craft and apply the same rule to them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post

The only way something like that would be fair would be if you made every single member get to 100 in some craft and apply the same rule to them.
    exactly

^

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I really don't see what the big fuss is here. You should create guidelines with the LS leaders that include some sort of compensation for your results. If they're not willing to work with you, then neither should you be willing to work for them.

The same should apply for synthing for your LS members, depending on how close you are to them. For instance, I'll synth for free regardless of the results (NQ or HQ) for my fellow members that I've known for a long time and are good friends with. I know that they'll repay me for my efforts in some manner, whether it be monetary compensation, returning the favor by crafting for me, or going out of their way/offering their time to assist me in some means. For newer LS members, or ones that I'm not that familiar with, I'd offer them a standard contract.

On the flipside, if you're an LS leader, you shouldn't expect your members to craft for free for the LS. They've dumped countless amounts of gil into leveling their crafts, and deserve to be compensated when synthing for the LS.

As I've mentioned, in my own personal scenario I don't need to establish a contract with my LS leaders, since we know each other well enough that I'll be tipped every time that I synth for them.

tl;dr - I believe that you should treat synthing for your LS (IE, banked items obtained from LS events or materials bought with LS bank funds) no differently than any other individual.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    For instance, I'll synth for free regardless of the results (NQ or HQ) for my fellow members that I've known for a long time and are good friends with. I know that they'll repay me for my efforts in some manner, whether it be monetary compensation, returning the favor by crafting for me, or going out of their way/offering their time to assist me in some means. For newer LS members, or ones that I'm not that familiar with, I'd offer them a standard contract.

As I've mentioned, in my own personal scenario I don't need to establish a contract with my LS leaders, since we know each other well enough that I'll be tipped every time that I synth for them.
    qftw. If they respect you, they should tip you even though you syn for free, regardless of who.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

We split the LS bank once it got 70m (every 2-3 weeks) among the LS and everyone gets his share. So if someone HQ's something that we sell (Cerb+1 for example) he profits of it too. And if you come up with the arguement that everyone else profit also of that, keep in mind that the crafter might wasnt there for the Cerberus kill when the LS got the hide. So it all evens out at the end.

I still stand with my comment, i would kick anyone that start discuss a HQ compensation with me and refuse to help the team. I craft free for the LS and i expect everyone else to do the same.

We split the LS bank once it got 70m (every 2-3 weeks) among the LS and everyone gets his share. So if someone HQ's something that we sell (Cerb+1 for example) he profits of it too. And if you come up with the arguement that everyone else profit also of that, keep in mind that the crafter might wasnt there for the Cerberus kill when the LS got the hide. So it all evens out at the end.

I still stand with my comment, i would kick anyone that start discuss a HQ compensation with me and refuse to help the team. I craft free for the LS and i expect everyone else to do the same.
    <3

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

This.

Plus, if you're going to be a faggot and not synth for my LS even though you can because, "you're not getting anything."...fuck you. You can drop your pearl. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. I don't want any jewbags like that in my LS.

I craft for free and dont charge for HQ for anyone I am in a LS with.

Which is why crafting makes no money for me.

Old Merits
    BG Level

If you're in a points-based LS, getting points for every HQ and giving all the end results to the LS sounds like a reasonable idea.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

What if you have 2 crafter? How do you decide who gets to craft and a chance on the points? Crafting for the LS you are in should not get rewarded, it should be taken for granted, if its an endgame LS. Give and take.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You mean help the team profit off of a craft that they spent a lot of time and money leveling by themselves with no assistance from the ls whatsoever? I'm sorry, I just don't think that's fair to the crafter unless you make everyone in the shell level a craft to 100.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Not when it's a T0. Never when it's a T0. If they want an HQ they can make arrangements, otherwise you are getting an NQ regardless of what happens. Don't like it? Have someone else craft it then.

EDIT: @Niki

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

the only way I'd do it is if my getting accepted was contingent on having a 100 craft (i.e. you explicitly break minimum entry requirements to the shell for 100 crafters) otherwise, thistle is right.

do you require members who own two copies of the game to dual box a mule to camp windows without compensation?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Theraven View Post
    You mean help the team profit off of a craft that they spent a lot of time and money leveling by themselves with no assistance from the ls whatsoever? I'm sorry, I just don't think that's fair to the crafter unless you make everyone in the shell level a craft to 100.
    Do you only give items to the person that claimed the certain HNM? Why let someone else profit of a mob that you claimed? Because its your Linkshell, it's teamwork. Would our Leathercrafter have the chance to craft a cerb hide without the LS (without using his own money to buy it)? I doubt he would be able to solo Cerberus. Why let the crafter profit of the LS effort?
    The LS pays every member by gil splits, giving the crafter the funds they need to try for their own crafting efforts if they want to. If they use it by trying to profit of a lv 100 craft or to level a new craft to 100 or do something with it that has nothing to do with crafting is their very own decision.
    Like I said above, it's your Linkshell and you give and take. People that don't want to help the LS can stay the fuck out.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Do you only give items to the person that claimed the certain HNM? Why let someone else profit of a mob that you claimed? Because its your Linkshell, it's teamwork.
    Claiming a mob only involves luck. Getting a craft to 100 involves a shitload of time, effort, and gil. There's a huge difference there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Claiming a mob only involves luck. Getting a craft to 100 involves a shitload of time, effort, and gil. There's a huge difference there.
    This. Comparing claiming vs leveling a craft is a horrid arguement. Leveling war to 5 to claim takes about an hour. Getting a craft to 100 takes months and fucktons of gil. Huge descrepancy there.

However, I would have made a deal before even touching the synth about what if I hq, as said above especially if its a Tier0. A crafter isnt obligated to synth jack shit for you, and if you think they are, you're a pretty selfish lead. It's not refusing to help others, its watching your own back. The craft was leveled for their own use, if they decide to help out the ls it's showing kindness, they're not required to do squat. Just sell the raw mats.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Although it has been over a year since I retired from my endgame shell, as long as the relationship between me as a linkshell member and the linkshell is mutual where I put work in for the linkshell and get fairly rewarded back then I'd have no problem crafting for the linkshell free of charge, even in the event of a big HQ. If the linkshell wishes to tip for my work then fine, but I wouldn't require it. If such a relationship between me as a linkshell member and the linkshell didn't exist then I probably wouldn't want to be in that linkshell anyway.

For dealing directly with individual linkshell members, I'd decide on a case by case basis. If they were a good friend and wanted something for personal use, I generally wouldn't charge, and normally I'd get tipped appropriately anyway or they'd return the favor in some other form. If it's somebody in the linkshell that I'm not too familiar with, I'd most likely work out a standard contract.

In my salvage shell, I do not charge for crafting imperial wootz ingots for fellow members and if they wish to tip, that's purely optional. I understand that having to come up with 12 imperial wootz ingots to upgrade a body piece can be an extreme financial burden for most people and I would rather not contribute to this burden seeing as they are helping me on my own goals as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    Trust me i spent more time camping than you spent crafting. My point is the teamwork. And people leveled those crafts up for themself, not because the ls asked them to. It was their own decision and i expect everyone to help the LS as good as they can. And that it requires a fuckton of gil..The average member gets 1m per week. That should compensate them for the efforts they had.

@Guitarman You know jack shit, how is it selfish when the leader do the same that they expect from the member? Thats bullshit. Any member is in my opinion to help the LS as good as he can, and if he has a craft to help the LS, he better do so.
    Fuck, i dont want to be in your guys Linkshells if such a behavious isnt standard. I never even thought about this topic before it came up here. It was the most normal thing in the world for me to help the LS. Neither did anyone in my LS ever think about that. People argue about who gets to craft stuff because they like to see rare HQ's signed by them.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Wow if I was to apply to an LS with those shitty crafting rules, I wouldn't even put the fact I have crafts on my app.

I'm guessing when your thieves use Steal in Dynamis, you force them to hand the coins over too.