BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Clothcraft (well 99.5)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Not sure if this was brought up and i missed it. But my general rule is, if the person or LS loses or breaks even with gil for the synth when it NQ's, no reason to get any compensation for that at all. But if the person or LS is making at least a notable amount of gil off of you, they should probably give some kind of appreciation for it. Although, theres some people i would never think to charge, and have never charged me for any item. Depends on your relationship with who your crafting for IMO

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Clothcraft (well 99.5)
    so you get free skillup shots when they toss you a kyudogi or errant cape - which might explain the other half of what you're getting out of it.

again; unless the 100 craft is either required or the difference in whether someone makes it in or not (and this fact is made clear to them) then what they do or don't do with it is their business.

do you require relic upgraders who have bard to upgrade gjallarhorn with their own money? then don't require someone else to use private assets on your behalf.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

By the way, buying ingredients and npcing them for the sole purpose of griefing a player trying to lvl to 100 is a bitch move. If they are in the mid 90s, they are going to get to 100 whether you fuck with them or not. Making their life miserable to make you smile is the prime example why the community that has to deal with you thinks your a jackass.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Amele View Post
    so you get free skillup shots when they toss you a kyudogi or errant cape - which might explain the other half of what you're getting out of it.

do you require relic upgraders who have bard to upgrade gjallarhorn with their own money? then don't require someone else to use private assets on your behalf.
    Kyudogi? Errant cape? LS synt mats? What shit you smoking lol. And the LS doesnt pay for cursed abjurations before you try with cursed Dalmaticas. I craft Aristocrat coats for the LS if we get a shining cloth of KB. Seriously do you even read?

Again, we DONT ASK ANYONE TO USE ANY GIL FOR THE LS, how the fuck can you compare that. Thats retarded. And the LS fully sponsored the last 2 stages for 13 relic weapons so far. If you add the cash for that together you probably wont find any other LS in this game that put more gil into sponsoring relics.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Kyudogi? Errant cape? LS synt mats? What shit you smoking lol. And the LS doesnt pay for cursed abjurations before you try with cursed Dalmaticas. I craft Aristocrat coats for the LS if we get a shining cloth of KB. Seriously do you even read?
    yes, I read. no. you didn't mention any of that before you responded to me (because surprise! until two posts ago you hadn't even specified that you had a high level craft) - alot of shells *do* synth several of the 100+ CC armors in ls, so it wasn't a stretch to assume that yours might do the same.

Again, we DONT ASK ANYONE TO USE ANY GIL FOR THE LS, how the fuck can you compare that.
    what do you think asking someone to use a 100 craft is?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

yes, I read. no. you didn't mention any of that before you responded to me (because surprise! until two posts ago you hadn't even specified that you had a high level craft) - alot of shells *do* synth several of the 100+ CC armors in ls, so it wasn't a stretch to assume that yours might do the same.
    I posted before that i'm talking about Cerb mantles, Hermes sandals and Aristo coats and that we have member craft those for the LS

what do you think asking someone to use a 100 craft is?
    When we ask a lv100 crafter to craft us some hermes' sandals, explain me how much gil he has to pay for that. You could say the guild points that he use for HQ crystals, but then again he does that because he likes his name under a pair of +1 boots.
    We dont tell anyone to use his money and level a craft to 100.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I've never charged for crafting within or outisde LS. But our everyone in LS crafts for the LS. 20+ HQ cerbmantles and counting, 1 Hermes sandal+1, no luck on Shai'r yet. Of course crafters craft cursed items for members aswell, but that isnt ls-materials. Most crafters in the LS would still hand over the HQ tho, to date there hasnt been an incident where anyone hasnt.

On that note, what kind of items does people craft into LS-items? (In our shell the item isnt owned by ls, but its items we craft ourselves and hands out) We pretty much only do Cerb mantles, hermes sandals and sometimes if someone lvls brd we do shai'r. At this point cerb nq's and hermes sandals nq's are sold. (i know, i know lol Hermes sandals+1, but its still a fun epeen). All other synth-materials are sold as mats.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Caerloc View Post
    On that note, what kind of items does people craft into LS-items? (In our shell the item isnt owned by ls, but its items we craft ourselves and hands out) We pretty much only do Cerb mantles, hermes sandals and sometimes if someone lvls brd we do shai'r. At this point cerb nq's and hermes sandals nq's are sold. (i know, i know lol Hermes sandals+1, but its still a fun epeen). All other synth-materials are sold as mats.
    Hades sainti (rarely), Cerb mantle, Nobles tunic, Sha'ir manteel (rarely), Hermes's sandals.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

When we ask a lv100 crafter to craft us some hermes' sandals, explain me how much gil he has to pay for that. You could say the guild points that he use for HQ crystals, but then again he does that because he likes his name under a pair of +1 boots.
    We dont tell anyone to use his money and level a craft to 100.
    he paid the gil to get the craft to the level where he could; just like someone who makes the gil to self-fund a relic. time = gil = time etc.

again, I'm not saying that a crafter shouldn't craft for their ls. I'm saying that it's their right to refuse, just like it'd be anyone's right to refuse to use other significant, personal resources. (like 100million gil, or a second account)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

he paid the gil to get the craft to the level where he could; just like someone who makes the gil to self-fund a relic. time = gil = time etc.

again, I'm not saying that a crafter shouldn't craft for their ls. I'm saying that it's their right to refuse, just like it'd be anyone's right to refuse to use other significant, personal resources. (like 100million gil, or a second account)
    They leveled that craft to make money for themself. Crafting for the LS and use the ability to craft doesnt give them any extra costs. There is no reason to refuse crafting for your LS and there is no reason for me why i cant expect any crafter in the LS to synth something for the LS. They expect the LS to help them like i expect them to help the LS.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They leveled that craft to make money for themself. Crafting for the LS and use the ability to craft doesnt give them any extra costs. There is no reason to refuse crafting for your LS and there is no reason for me why i cant expect any crafter in the LS to synth something for the LS. They expect the LS to help them like i expect them to help the LS.
    they're doing more work than someone who doesn't have a 100 craft. period. (or to make it even clearer; than they would be doing if *they* didn't have a 100 craft). and are (apparently) getting no direct compensation.

so how is refusing to craft not meeting the expectations of a rank and file member of the ls? or does a 100 craft substitute for other requirements (minimum camp time, number of jobs, etc) of being a member in good standing in your ls?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

i'll definetly craft for my LS for free....

cuz woodworking make shit money anyway............

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

well niki my points was that asking cerb mantle+1 crafted for free, (talking about this item since it is a great exemple) is asking gil from that member. he is the one who nqed a shit load of them before hands, tier1 has the 1/16 average, you got your hq because he did spend time and alot of money (they are 1mil lost per nq here) for you to get the hq for free. When i ask friends to make me signed gear i always tip them to cover that lost even if they dont ask for money, otherwise i would feel extremely greedy to use that said friend since he just nqed alot on his money and will have to nq alot more to finally reach an other hq. yeah i know he can hq right away after that he hqed for the ls but you cant cheat the set % of hq rate on the long run. I respect to much other crafter to run away with free hq.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

What I've done with my ls (not that I'm 100 yet so maybe not as relevant) is state there are certain items which if I HQ I'm going to keep for myself but once they're done, I'll willingly try for others. It turned out not to be worth trying to HQ my own nobles, far cheaper at the time just to buy an Aristo, so now I don't mind trying for others but I still want my own Blessed Hands and Legs. They're about the only things I still really want. If it's a close friend or a shell member I trust I don't really care.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Iskra View Post
    well niki my points was that asking cerb mantle+1 crafted for free, (talking about this item since it is a great exemple) is asking gil from that member. he is the one who nqed a shit load of them before hands, tier1 has the 1/16 average, you got your hq because he did spend time and alot of money (they are 1mil lost per nq here) for you to get the hq for free. When i ask friends to make me signed gear i always tip them to cover that lost even if they dont ask for money, otherwise i would feel extremely greedy to use that said friend since he just nqed alot on his money and will have to nq alot more to finally reach an other hq. yeah i know he can hq right away after that he hqed for the ls but you cant cheat the set % of hq rate on the long run. I respect to much other crafter to run away with free hq.

Coming across Cerb hides in our server is very very rare, and what Niki stated was that the cerb hides they would synth are ones straight from the ls, from camping, so no the crafter doesnt lose any gil (unless you are counting the few k from GP crystals). I am someone who usually crafts for free anyway, but, if it was an ls material to be crafted i wouldnt dream of asking for a "tip".

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

The clear distinction is : Crafting for an individual and Crafting for a Linkshell.

People saying that Nikir is gready or w.e arent taking into consideration the fact that HQ items are generaly sold, the gil from that HQ is then split amongst all "active" members that month or something or members obtain the HQ (i dont know specifics and dont care either)

The difference would be if you arent going to benefit, either by no gil split or by not having a chance to obtain that HQ or a similar HQ item from the LS yourself at some point (i.e certain people having the option to get HQ but others not - kind of like that SA AV situation mentioned here recently)

If a crafter has the chance to obtain a HQ Cerb mantle for themselves using mats gained by the LS then im sure they will be happy to craft items, but if this is not an option then i can understand them not wanting to use their crafts.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I'm not "playing the high ground" here, but I always synthed for the LS because I wanted our members to have the best stuff. All our original main DRK have Onyx Cuisses I've made. Any KS99 hides we got and made Dusk Gloves +1 were given to the orb holder. Any Aristocrats we've made, we've always just given it to the next person in line. Recently we've been kinda maxed out on gear, so any HQ's are sold/split between the people at the event.

I guess it just depends on the crafter's personality. If I ask someone in my LS to synth a LS item for us and they say no, then I would seriously consider not giving them payouts from other synths that people did for the LS for free.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

<3onyx

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Not crafting for your LS on the grounds that "they didn't pay for you to lvl to 100" is the same as saying you won't bring a specific job to an event because "they didn't pay for you to lvl to 75, or for your gear".

If the mats are LS property, and you are an LS member, then your services are the LS's to use. Whether they be crafting, DDing, or casting spells.

Now if the mats are someone's private property, it ceases to be an LS issue entirely. So what if your LS member assumes the HQ should go to him? If those aren't the terms agreed upon, he can suck it and find someone else to craft for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast