BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Freysi View Post
    Not crafting for your LS on the grounds that "they didn't pay for you to lvl to 100" is the same as saying you won't bring a specific job to an event because "they didn't pay for you to lvl to 75, or for your gear".

If the mats are LS property, and you are an LS member, then your services are the LS's to use. Whether they be crafting, DDing, or casting spells.

Now if the mats are someone's private property, it ceases to be an LS issue entirely. So what if your LS member assumes the HQ should go to him? If those aren't the terms agreed upon, he can suck it and find someone else to craft for him.
    No but that job is going to get geared by the ls(or maybe not lol) I do not have have to deal with this.(or did not when) My craft was always fishing lol. Fished for a few people here and there when they skilled up cooking, but that is about it.

however a craft is a lot of gil(idk how your getting gold to 88 without a lose..) and unless that crafter who spent so much time and money to get where they are is given some perk I see it as wronging them.

Someone said they get 1mil a week and that should be fine, well guess what? ic an get that fishing without even a mule... how is that even? the person could of made 5mil+ off that craft. and they gain 1mil for the full week? give me a break.

i am so happy that your linkshell is so great and can claim everything, sys everything, and give out 16(+?) relics to lvl 20 people. maybe your ls is just that great, however most linkshells are not like this. Why don't you put a relic on hold (you do not need it) and pay back all the people who crafted your linkshell into the money they have? i mean it be 2 weeks at 70mil a week am i right?

140mil split between the 10 main crafters they would be o so happy i bet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    No but that job is going to get geared by the ls(or maybe not lol) I do not have have to deal with this.(or did not when) My craft was always fishing lol. Fished for a few people here and there when they skilled up cooking, but that is about it.

however a craft is a lot of gil(idk how your getting gold to 88 without a lose..) and unless that crafter who spent so much time and money to get where they are is given some perk I see it as wronging them.

Someone said they get 1mil a week and that should be fine, well guess what? ic an get that fishing without even a mule... how is that even? the person could of made 5mil+ off that craft. and they gain 1mil for the full week? give me a break.

i am so happy that your linkshell is so great and can claim everything, sys everything, and give out 16(+?) relics to lvl 20 people. maybe your ls is just that great, however most linkshells are not like this. Why don't you put a relic on hold (you do not need it) and pay back all the people who crafted your linkshell into the money they have? i mean it be 2 weeks at 70mil a week am i right?

140mil split between the 10 main crafters they would be o so happy i bet.
    With the difference that you wont get any gear if you spend the whole day fishing. And if our member want to fish on their mule why would anyone stop them? They dont get paid for crafting, they get paid for being in the LS and helping the LS.
    And money from HQ's is a very very small part in our LS income. Wotg ftmfw
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1162632
    And before you say you rather gear your member instead of selling...every single BLM above 70 has an Ixion cape, every single brd has an ixion cloak etc.
    Also if you read.. I posted we stopped sponsoring relics and went to payout everything.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    With the difference that you wont get any gear if you spend the whole day fishing. And if our member want to fish on their mule why would anyone stop them? They dont get paid for crafting, they get paid for being in the LS and helping the LS.
    And money from HQ's is a very very small part in our LS income. Wotg ftmfw
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1162632
    Also if you read.. I posted we stopped sponsoring relics and went to payout everything.
    Takes me 2hrs(up to 4hrs if its a bad day) to hit my hard carp fishing. i guess if your in a hard core end game shell ya might not have that time? Also i know you stopped funding relics you said it a few posts back. i sorta said that part wrong and i am sorry ; ;

I am not judging your linkshell (ok maybe I am) I just do not like how you act like a craft is under the ownership of the linkshell(you). Thats the only way i can think of it, you own the crafter just about.

If your crafters are happy as pigs and shits, then by all means its working for you.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I'm not "playing the high ground" here, but I always synthed for the LS because I wanted our members to have the best stuff. All our original main DRK have Onyx Cuisses I've made. Any KS99 hides we got and made Dusk Gloves +1 were given to the orb holder. Any Aristocrats we've made, we've always just given it to the next person in line. Recently we've been kinda maxed out on gear, so any HQ's are sold/split between the people at the event.
    that is great i wish my server was like this, here ppl sell their ls item (hnm drop or crafted item) and then ask a to have an other one a bit later. our server is full of greed and it is why endgame shell keep breaking and it is why me and others crafter stopped to craft for anyone else but real close friend.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If the mats are LS property, and you are an LS member, then your services are the LS's to use. Whether they be crafting, DDing, or casting spells.
    Correct!

Now if the mats are someone's private property, it ceases to be an LS issue entirely. So what if your LS member assumes the HQ should go to him? If those aren't the terms agreed upon, he can suck it and find someone else to craft for him.
    Correct again!

I really cannot see why there is so much discussion about this. It just seems logical and fair to me that people would follow the above points.

Maybe it's the linkshells that people are in? If a player is in a newish HNM shell that maybe is progressing from Sky and doesn't do all endgame events... then maybe they "feel" that they wouldn't ever get a shot at certain items. The more successful the LS is the more likely all crafters will follow point #1 above.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not crafting for your LS on the grounds that "they didn't pay for you to lvl to 100" is the same as saying you won't bring a specific job to an event because "they didn't pay for you to lvl to 75, or for your gear".

People are accepted into HNMLSs based on their jobs and gear, not their fucking craft. Unless your LS operates in a different fashion, the person who said "I'm not bringing this job because you didn't pay for its levels" would be kicked right away. Besides, last I checked, lving a craft and its appropriate subs to 60 was more expensive than lving jobs to 75 and getting gear except for a few.

Like Amele and several others have said, if your crafted says no to a synth and the agreements didn't meet his "likes", don't ask him then. Simple as that. I'm sure there are more crafters in the LS and you could get someone else to do it for you. Now, unless you accept people based on crafts AND jobs, then by all means go for it. If not, don't impose rules that don't exist on crafters.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I am coming to Niki's server, thank you for having common sense.

If you apply to a LS and put down your craft, then obviously you want that to be considered as part of what you're bringing to the LS. IF YOU DON'T then do not put it on your app, and take your chances and being accepted w/o it. If the mats are from LS or paid for by SOMEONE else AKA NOT YOU Either
    A. Don't Synth for them, someone else will
    B. Chose to be a decent LS mate and help them lose gil, since there's a 1% chance you HQ anything that's actually worth anything, 99% chance they lose 100k+

I have 100Woodworking, and I craft for ANYBODY for free ANYTHING because I craft because I enjoy it, not because I am trying to get rich, I have other ways of making gil. Obviously I wouldn't level WW to get rich, since it sucks. So to sum it up:

If you don't want your LS to use your craft, DO NOT PUT IT ON YOUR APP. It's like putting down you have 75RDM BLM BRD MNK, and then saying you'll only come to events as MNK when the only reason you got accepted was because you had the other 3 75s and not for your amazing MNK, which still pretty much sucks endgame.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I am coming to Niki's server, thank you for having common sense.

If you apply to a LS and put down your craft, then obviously you want that to be considered as part of what you're bringing to the LS. IF YOU DON'T then do not put it on your app, and take your chances and being accepted w/o it. If the mats are from LS or paid for by SOMEONE else AKA NOT YOU Either
    A. Don't Synth for them, someone else will
    B. Chose to be a decent LS mate and help them lose gil, since there's a 1% chance you HQ anything that's actually worth anything, 99% chance they lose 100k+

I have 100Woodworking, and I craft for ANYBODY for free ANYTHING because I craft because I enjoy it, not because I am trying to get rich, I have other ways of making gil. Obviously I wouldn't level WW to get rich, since it sucks. So to sum it up:

If you don't want your LS to use your craft, DO NOT PUT IT ON YOUR APP. It's like putting down you have 75RDM BLM BRD MNK, and then saying you'll only come to events as MNK when the only reason you got accepted was because you had the other 3 75s and not for your amazing MNK, which still pretty much sucks endgame.
    If people put down those jobs, were accepted based on those jobs and don't come when requested, then they didn't follow through on their end. You accept people based on jobs, not crafts. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

So people are never accepted based on their crafts also huh, orly... I call BS because I know that people have been and are accepted because they have a craft at 100, This also is not a hard concept to grasp. Maybe your LS doesn't look at crafts, but I've been in LS that do.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I have 100Woodworking, and I craft for ANYBODY for free ANYTHING because I craft because I enjoy it, not because I am trying to get rich, I have other ways of making gil. Obviously I wouldn't level WW to get rich, since it sucks.
    Like fishbotting, amirite?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So people are never accepted based on their crafts also huh, orly... I call BS because I know that people have been and are accepted because they have a craft at 100, This also is not a hard concept to grasp. Maybe your LS doesn't look at crafts, but I've been in LS that do.
    I agree that you shouldn't put it on your application if you dont want to do it for the linkshell*, but I dont think people get into endgame shells for their craft. 100 Clothcraft not going to help them accomplish... endgame things.

I think as a good service to your LS, you should craft "LS items" free of charge. If a linshell members comes to you with personal materials, it's up to you to decide whether to charge or not. In that situation it would be perfectly fine to charge for HQ.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

It's not the deciding factor of course but I've seen plenty of times in the app discussion "Well we don't really need xjob atm but they have 100xcraft and good gear ect..." so it is definitley considered.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

In that case, by all means kick the person if they don't craft for you. But, if it isn't a requirement to have 100 craft, don't expect free synths from that person.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    If people put down those jobs, were accepted based on those jobs and don't come when requested, then they didn't follow through on their end. You accept people based on jobs, not crafts. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.
    Wrong. YOUR LS accepts based on jobs, not crafts. Most other LS take all things on an application into consideration.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

When someone state in his App, he has a craft at lv 100, and then refuse to use it, why would he put it in there in the first place? And of course having a lv 100 craft can be a bonus on your application, same as good gear, many 75's etc. Its not requiered to have 10 jobs at 75 but it makes an app interesting. And if we recruit lets say BLM and WHM, the guy has also 5 other jobs that he state in his app, would you accept if he say he refuse to go on those other jobs?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Well, in that case might wanna let those crafters know before you accept them in, lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    Well, in that case might wanna let those crafters know before you accept them in, lol.
    If he put the craft in the application (the thing that people use to explain a LS why the LS should take them and how they can help to improve the LS) i totally think i can expect them to craft for the LS.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sevv Zero
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

Wow I am glad alot of these people are not in my linkshell. If you refuse to help your actual linkshell because you won't profit on you crafting? I mean seriously it comes down to the same thing of why should the linkshell give you XXX piece of gear because they might not profit from giving it to you.

There is no loss for the crafter at all. Most linkshells just sell off the mats and put them to use in the bank, which means you see nothing from you efforts if your at an event and not getting a drop. Nikir's system is actually great for crafters, It allows them to get some more gil for the shell which is split among all members instead of just padding the bank. So they all see some gil crafters and people who camp their asses off.

I would honestly love if my linkshell used Nikir's system, padding my pockets for doing things I already help out on.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

most of the people in this thread aren't saying that they *wouldn't* craft for their shell, just that, unless it was contingent on their getting into the shell, they shouldn't be *obligated* to craft for their shell.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Amele View Post
    most of the people in this thread aren't saying that they *wouldn't* craft for their shell, just that, unless it was contingent on their getting into the shell, they shouldn't be *obligated* to craft for their shell.
    They should not be obligated if they didn't advertise it as a selling point to invite them. But, if you were like "I have 75 PUP DNC and BLU, and I have level 100 Goldsmithing" on your application, you had better fucking synth our fucking manteels when I ask because we sure as fuck didn't invite you for your jobs.