BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Crafting for your Linkshell

Here's something that I've been thinking about for awhile now. When my linkshell obtains any damascus ingots from NMs/HNMs, I craft them into Haubergeon/Hauberks. I've only NQed them so far for the linkshell, but I brought up what should we do in the case of an HQ. Some people said just sell it and have the LS bank grow from the profit, but most people said because it would be signed, to sell it at a 50% discount to LS members.

I was wondering how you guys handled crafting with linkshell obtained items. Do you take a cut for HQing, or do you do it solely for the joy of crafting? How do you guys deal with any HQs?

I'm just curious as to how everyone else handles this.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

my opinion: You state the rules in which you will craft it. If the LS doesn't like it, then you don't craft for them and they can find someone else.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I do all of the cerb mantle synths for my shell. Hide is given to me, i craft it, it goes into bank ready to be given out to members. I've HQd one so far, and i've kept that for myself(it's still an ls item though). If i HQ anymore it's on a /random system like the NQs are if we have too many people signed up.

For synths that members want them doing for themselves, i just organise what happens in the event of an HQ with them i.e. sell/split, keep and tip etc.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

IMO helping your LS members get better gear benefits you, so I'ld craft for the LS without hesitation. On the assumption that the profit stays within the LS.

Bonecraft example for free synths:

1) Someone has Heca body+1 on their wishlist.
    2) LS provides Angel skins & other materials
    3) Bonecrafter synths & returns NQs and HQs to the LS
    4) LS does whatever with the NQs, when the HQ appears it goes to the person with the HQ on their wishlist.
    5) Guy receiving it gets heca+1 body.

Of course, your LS should be getting you stuff too, not just using you for crafting.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Saithorx View Post
    my opinion: You state the rules in which you will craft it. If the LS doesn't like it, then you don't craft for them and they can find someone else.
    Any crafter who say that in my LS would get kicked for being a none-teamplayer. Everything that was crafted of LS items, HQ or NQ goes back to the LS, sometimes a member gets to hold it, sometimes we sell.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Any crafter who say that in my LS would get kicked for being a none-teamplayer. Everything that was crafted of LS items, HQ or NQ goes back to the LS, sometimes a member gets to hold it, sometimes we sell.
    I'm not saying I would not craft for my LS. Personally, I will craft for my LS without hesitation just to help the LS members. I'm sure most people would as well. If you are the crafter though, you still make the decision to do it or not.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

just simplify things, buy the ingots from your shell and synth for yourself. Things can get too complicated otherwise.

I personally don't want it to be known that I'm on call for crafting needs of others. The time spent leveling up a craft is time that could be spent doing many other things in the game, and the investment financially may in some cases never be made back. Your shell is essentially getting all the perks of leveling a craft without having to do it.

I don't mean to be a prick about this- I'm just a realist. And the anonymity of a T1 line makes giants out of pimply faced 15 year old boys who's last date was with Rosy Palm and her five friends. Rather than find out people whom I've respected and enjoyed the company of for the past 2 years are really douchebags, I don't do anything free. I'd rather they think "did he really need to charge me that 50k for a Vermy synth with my mats?" than have the tantrum start up the moment the HQ animation begins and such things weren't crystal clear and loophole-free long before I even accepted the materials.

Still though, I'd say just buy the ingots from your shell, and divvy up checks among all that were part of the fight that netted the ingot. That's what I do for all my shining cloth/siren hair needs, and its just a safer policy in my opinion.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Considering I didn't pay for my crafters in the LS to get to 100, crafting for the LS is per crafter basis. If the leathercrafter wants to give his HQ free, go for it, if he wants to charge, go for it. Up to the crafter entirely.

We don't have an LS bank so there's no buying from bank to profiteer or anything of the sort.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I always just give the HQ to the LS to sell/split between the people at the event.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

<~~100 BCer here. My LS tips me appropriately for all synths that they ask me to craft for them. There's no set amount, but they do tip higher if I HQ. The items are then either bid out for points to our members, or sold to bolster the bank. I could honestly care less what they do with them, as they take care of me either way.

We've never established any guidelines/contracts, as we know and respect each other well enough to not need any. Interestingly, our leader also has 100 bone, yet will more often then not ask me to synth for the LS because he'd rather see my name on a HQ item for the bank, as well as give me an opportunity to make a few gil.

Goldberg

Example: Your linkshell kills Cerb your tanks wishlist is mantle+1, you synth you HQ your tank gets. Next day your pimp tank, tanks the next mob your needing drop from ..

The pleasure i`d be getting is knowing its my name on that mantle.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lots of different opinions on this matter I see. I'm still pretty torn as to what to do. It was mentioned to me that I should get a tip amount for HQing, but I feel very uncomfortable since I'm the LS leader and it may give off the vibe that since I'm holding the bank on my mule, I'm abusing the LS funds. I don't get to craft for the linkshell a lot since I only snag up the damascus ingots, so I craft for the love of it. I think this whole topic will become more heated within my linkshell once our 100 Bonecrafter comes back, and our Leathercrafter and Woodworker start to hover around the 100 mark.

I do appreciate your guys' input on this and the few ideas here and there on how different people approach crafting. I'm going to bring this up again to the linkshell and maybe have it written in stone how we will handle it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Personally, if I'm asked to craft something for my linkshell, I'll do it no questions asked provided all materials are paid for. It's in my best interest to improve the linkshell by either synthing a HQ item that goes to someone or to be sold.

It would be different if someone in my linkshell wanted me to craft something for them. I do that on a case by case basis.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zantes View Post
    It would be different if someone in my linkshell wanted me to craft something for them. I do that on a case by case basis.
    Agreed.

If I am crafting for my LS, I do not charge. The leader in charge of money/drops will give me the materials and crystals, I craft and give back whatever is made. Items are then sold and split among the people who attended the event the synthesis materials came from.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I craft for my LS for free. Nine times out of ten, I say if it HQs it's the person's. (Only time that doesn't apply is if I dislike the person I'm crafting for.) If a LS expected me to not just craft for free but to give them the HQ? That wouldn't be a LS I'd want to be a member of.

I'm happy to help out, I love doing things for my LS, but making it expected of me? That's fine... so long as my LS wants to pay me back on all the money I spent skilling the craft. And don't forget to pay for the cost of my GP to get my apron/gloves/glasses as well, since you're getting the bonus from them as well.

I find it interesting that there's even disagreement over this (but perhaps it's because I'm a social LS person).

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Only way i would craft for my linkshell is if they gave me gil from 1-100 to craft.

1 easy rule to this. Dont craft for others.. period. No messy drama, no HQs you have to give away, no nothing. Simple solution :D

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

If I HQ I will purchase all of the mats and synth again for an NQ to give them. If they want the HQ they can make arrangements prior to the synth, but no way am I going to just hand it over to them (the exception is VERY close friends).

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Akron View Post
    1 easy rule to this. Dont craft for others.. period. No messy drama, no HQs you have to give away, no nothing. Simple solution :D
    i used to craft for lsmate for free but now iam done doing it, so you are absolutely right. In my last ls there was way too much drama about it so iam done giving that service. there is always ppl that abuse and sell the free hq that you gave them and sell it, then ask for the same free hq again. other get free hq from you but dont want to sell you item that they sell w/o ah tax. other cry when you nq for them and happen to hq for yourself days later. ppl always find a way to complain when you dont go 1/1 for them.

so yeah i totally agree with you dont craft for others. when i want an item signed from a craft that i dont have, i always pay for the GP and tip very well the crafter for the huge service that he is giving me, so now i expect the same from others toward me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MillionDollarMan View Post
    Only way i would craft for my linkshell is if they gave me gil from 1-100 to craft.
    People in the LS I'm in get enough stuff and gil that we can say that we dont care if the person spend millions on his craft. When they applied, for example as lv 100 LC to the LS, we expect them to craft items for the LS (not members) and give any result back to the LS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast