+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone good with home theater care to help me out?

Ok so here is my problem. I currently have a projector, a panasonic pt-ae900U. Now I love the thing but I I am unfortunately an RPG gamer, which means putting in 80-100 hours on games where I could care less about the graphical quality of them. I have decided, in the best interests of my projector bulb, to get a small monitor where I can play RPGs and games I don't want to turn my projector on for.

My receiver has 1 HDMI out and 2 HDMI in, the HDMI out is currently going to the projector. I plan on hooking up my ps3 and 360 to the monitor, but I also want to be able to use them on my projector whenever I want. The monitor has 1 HDMI input to it. My question is, what exactly do I need to buy so that I can have my ps3 and 360 hooked up to both my monitor and my projector so that I don't have to manually switch cables everytime I want to go between the 2? I've included a picture of the setup of my room. Any help is appreciated, if I forgot something let me know, but idk how the fuck I can do this >< thanks!

Sounds like you need an HDMI Switcher/Splitter.

Edit: Anything more specific will ultimately depend on the type of Switch you get. Overall, though, they're just boxes where you plug in all your cords, then can push a button to feed the signal out to wherever. Anyplace that sells home theater stuff should have them, likely overpriced. So, surfing the net may save you a penny or two.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

HDMI anything is expensive in a store, cables are OUTRAGEOUS so I'd imagine a switch would be even more retarded... Internet, try newegg for that, they are sooo cheap there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Others covered the hdmi splitter.

That said, I honestly wouldn't be that concerned over the bulb... what's the point of owning something you're afraid to use? Projector owners should just accept a bulb replacement is inevitable, they still last a damn long time.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    Others covered the hdmi splitter.

That said, I honestly wouldn't be that concerned over the bulb... what's the point of owning something you're afraid to use? Projector owners should just accept a bulb replacement is inevitable, they still last a damn long time.
    Everyone should use crappy tungsten filament lights and leave them on all day, they still last a long time.

Everyone should use crappy tungsten filament lights and leave them on all day, they still last a long time.
    Logical flaw. Does not compute.