Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Fest 2008     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Blood of Bahamut is probably not related, much like Dirge of Cerberus wasn't.
    Hmm, this makes me wonder if Blood of Bahamut is a sequel to Dirge of Cerberus.... Never played DoC, so dunno if it had sequel potential or not.

I'm pretty much positive there won't be an expansion. Since WotG isn't anywhere near complete from the looks of it. And the team that is working on ToAU said they were gong to look back in previous expansions/zones for fixes.

Personally... I hope enough ppl get on SE's ass and they give in and tell us how to actually beat AV their way xD

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Phraust View Post
    Now, sure... It may not be "Burnt" per se, but theres a bunch of reasons it could TASTE burnt. Which is what people typically refere to when they say thier coffee was burnt.
    This.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes it could still taste burnt even if it wasn't actually burnt.

and currenlty own a 3 group LaMarzocco for personal use at home
    I'm incredibly jealous. Did you used to work at the Pike Place store if you worked at Starbucks in Seattle? I might know you Q_Q.

I might go to this if I know enough people who are going to make it worth driving an hour.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll go if it's more than one day, lol.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
    Didn't see it posted anywhere so thought I'd say it here, apprenitly quite recently, Square Enix registered the trademark "Blood of Bahamut".

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...ate=9u0oae.2.1

Word Mark BLOOD OF BAHAMUT
    Serial Number 77558955
    Filing Date August 29, 2008
    Owner (APPLICANT) Kabushiki Kaisha Square Enix TA Square Enix Co., Ltd. CORPORATION JAPAN 3-22-7 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku Tokyo JAPAN
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

In my opinion it easily could be a sequel to "Bahamut's Lagoon" but...it also has the possibility of being an expansion espically with Fan Fest in December. Annouce at TGS to JPs first and then actually show some content in December? Either way we should know which when TGS hits, if its a completely new game they'll likely annouce it.
    Yeah, but the timing couldn't be any more convienent on this. 2 weeks prior to TGS, and Fan Fest being announced on relative short notice. This smells like expansion to me.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    Yeah, but the timing couldn't be any more convienent on this. 2 weeks prior to TGS, and Fan Fest being announced on relative short notice. This smells like expansion to me.
    If it is an expansion I hope its Wings of the Goddess 2: Tavnazian Bogaloo.

What?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is this the coffee thread?

Yvonne

... Dare I risk blowing my finals for a cute little moogle shield? ;o; Damn you SE!

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    ... Dare I risk blowing my finals for a cute little moogle shield? ;o; Damn you SE!
    Do we even have a picture of it? The icon makes it look like a flat white shield with no moogle characteristics on it. And what the hell is a Moogle Japery anyway?

Ugh... since it would require me to spend... oh... $170+ just on airfare to get down there, I'm not weighing the idea of buying a ticket and having a local friend just grab my bag and get out, since lord knows a one day FanFest isn't going to be worth the hassle.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    This.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes it could still taste burnt even if it wasn't actually burnt.

I'm incredibly jealous. Did you used to work at the Pike Place store if you worked at Starbucks in Seattle? I might know you Q_Q.

Naw I am in the Bay Area, and I only go into starbucks to order a Carmel Machiatto and return it about 30 times because they hand me a 1 shot 16 ounce Carmel and Vanilla Latte and tell me that's a Machiatto. I like wasting thier resources, and usually end up with a couple free drink tags I give to homeless people.

But if you're a Seattle Native: Zoka Coffee > All, and Espresso Vivace, the Broadway Street stand, not the shop. I use to drive up there twice a year to get "real" coffee.

The guys at Zoka are really good, Chris and Dismus were finalists in the same championship, Dismus went on to the world championships, and I think won either first place or third.

And the Marzocco I bought off one of my old bosses... For pennies...

A. Body
    BG Level

hmmm....WOG was announced around mother's day last year, right? Yea, the timing for another expansion is about right, we'll get word at either TGS or fanfest. My bet is fanfest, because SE generally announces new expansions when the current one is within spitting distance of the end and I don't think WOG is there yet. COP's main story was done for a few months before TOA was announced and after WOG was announced, it took two more updates to get to the end of TOA. Depending on how much they add, it would take at least two more updates to round out WOG, and they'd have to be really story-heavy. If they're really announcing a new expansion this fall or winter, they're cutting it really close since the turnover is around 7 months.

As interesting as a Bahamut-based expansion could be, it's really anybody's guess. The timing is right, but there have been many curveballs in the past. Be nice if they explained the dragons' place in the world: how their oaths are forged, why Vrtra had to be a dick, the exact nature of terrestrial avatars ("power coming from the planet itself" is kinda vague, imo). An old map of Vana'diel (I think it was a CD cover) and Bahamut coming from the West and that does seem to be where Dragoons originate...Well, we'll see.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Do we even have a picture of it? The icon makes it look like a flat white shield with no moogle characteristics on it. And what the hell is a Moogle Japery anyway?
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j.../MogShield.jpg http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...omadShield.jpg
    Moogle Shield - Nomad Shield
    ROM\215\112.DAT & 113.DAT

Courtesy of Altana Viewer (Not a .dat switch btw).

No Clue on Moogle Japery.

BG Level

Yeah, I'm kinda stumped to. Japery basicly means to joke... so dunno what the sheild would do.

Overall, I doubt Blood of Bahamut will be an expansion. Usually when SE has a fanfest they usually have a day or 2 to talk about the expansion and let participants play with it. In 05 they let players do Beseiged. And last year they let people play with Scholar/Dancer. So with one day an expansion seems kinda low.

If I am wrong, I'm going to assume it'll be a "Chains of Promathia 2." There won't be any content for the people to test. It'll probably just be a trailer video.

However.... being able to go into an alternitive dimension where Paradise still exsists would be hot >_>

I think it'd be very important for SE to at least announce a new expasion. It helps players feel the game isn't fading and even if the actual release is like one year int he future, it still works.
    Blood of Bahamut is interesting, also. It somehow links with one core element of the FF lore meaning it could be heavily lore based. I'd really appreciate a "standard" expansion with just new areas, new mobs and new NMs because the whole structure of WoTG didnt really work any magic

BG Level

Well. Another thing I wonder is if SE is pulling our leg with the fanfest being only 1 day long.

Lets say BoB is an expansion. And they make it public in mid/late October. Then they ninjafix their fanfest site and add 2 more dates to it. Sounds like something SE would do if you ask me.

wouldnt it be like a slap in the face to everyone who bought WotG to just anounce another expension and be like "sorry guys WotG failed hard so we just try something else, haha".

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by SchuldigGER View Post
    wouldnt it be like a slap in the face to everyone who bought WotG to just anounce another expension and be like "sorry guys WotG failed hard so we just try something else, haha".
    No, the WoTG announcement came while ToAU was less than half done and no one complained.

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    No, the WoTG announcement came while ToAU was less than half done and no one complained.
    Because ToAU was already good and everyone thought it would still get better....

i would feel more comfortable knowing that the crap WotG is doesnt represent the last of FF XI, honestly. it's not that it's that bad, it simply resulted in Campaign only and not much else. ToAU wasnt just Besieged after all.

Oh, and I hate AN ranks fading with a passion.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by kantori View Post
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j.../MogShield.jpg http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...omadShield.jpg
    Moogle Shield - Nomad Shield
    ROM\215\112.DAT & 113.DAT

Courtesy of Altana Viewer (Not a .dat switch btw).

No Clue on Moogle Japery.

Ok, someone has to get Wardrobe working again. I wanna swap this with my koenig shield without seeing 23762837 plds walking around with it

If anyone is going to fanfest and they arent interested in the shield, send me a PM, Ill paypal you some cash for your item code after the event.