Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

About SCH, Level Sync and finding parties..

I'm pissed. I've spent too many hours seeking for a party to say Scholars get easy invites. Mines is at 32 right now and I got halfway there playing by myself. I sub /BST and solo while on seek but no one invites me. I always have to form my own level sync parties with linkshell members. Is it because I'm using /BST that people think I don't have a mage sub or I don't know WTH I'm doing? Do they even read people's comments or pay attention to subs? My BST is 75 and since pets don't diminish XP anymore, it makes a great soloing sub for almost anything. Anyway, question for any senior scholars out there. Did you ever have trouble finding parties? At lower levels it seems people don't know what our class is capable of..

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Damn these newbie rules...

I'm in a similar situation, SCH46. Currently the only invites I'm getting are for level sync 36-39, which is nice, but I don't get Accession >_>.

Anyway, if you don't have a seacom up displaying your other subs, that would be your first step. Trying to build your own parties is another. Level Sync has made it much easier to find a tank in bad level ranges, so find a friend with PLD75 or something and build from there.

Dunno about your server, but low level parties weren't common to even be formed on mine. And then when 2-3 mages are seeking, really doesn't matter if a scholar is good or not - 3 mages is decidedly bad.

I lvled my sch with a bard friend all the way to 75 (either duo or seeking together), and even when he put up seek on bard, we could go hours with no invites. I have no clue how much level sync changed this.

In any case, once you get a few more levels, you can gravity kite goblin pets (or the camps that support gravity kiting) easy enough, so that's another option if you don't want to be /bst.

I think it's fair to say that if you want to party you have to make them yourself. I'm not one for making parties so I'm almost always leveling /bst anyway, but I enjoy the bst lifestyle as it is (especially with aspirable mobs, you wonder when you're even going to use sublimation again). I found flagging up to be a sure fire way of getting bored for hours no matter what job you're on when you're a low level. If you want to party, persevere with trying to find people, otherwise as sch with a bst sub you have more options open to you than most anyway.

I'm only level 48 sch but I've done almost all of it /bst. I did some of it in campaign, but only to try out manifestation and accession. I find the best time to get invites though is when you're just about to log off or busy.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Yep, best way is to form your own pt That's what I had to do for mine.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I've been duo/trioing bst pets with LS mates. One is leveling BLM the other is leveling RDM. Its a blast and if one cannot make it level sync allows the others to continue and 'virtually' keep our level range ideal for a camp. Manaburn at low/mid levels is usually way more fun then normal parties.

Finally decided to level MNK again post-update. Yes I have to make my own party and NIN/PLD/RDM usually ignore invite from a MNK :/ The party setup I used these days usually look like this:

DNC/NINx2 (tank), DDx3, SCH

This setup gives me more xp/hr than any other conventional setup. It allows the party to chain nonstop without a PL. SCH is the only job that has access to dispel (an is always available ). Took MNK from 31-45 and now I always invite the same JP DNC who know how to play DNC tank.

Kaelia

It's rare for me that I end up finding an awesome party at my own level for whatever job I happen to be leveling so if I'm going to be having an okay/average party anyway, it's nice to be able to pick friends for it instead. I really love Level Sync. Didn't think I would at all, but I was surprised. I'd be happy to always Level Sync with LS members in the level you're in right now. And everyone I've ever known who has leveled SCH has said it was an absolute nightmare to get to/past 37, so you're nowhere near alone.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

sch gets absolutely no invites

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I solo'd to 52ish then got a really good party from 52-55 (in one sitting) then duo'd to 62ish, solo 50 65, party/campaign to 69 and campaign solo to 72 (where I am now). It's not even worth it looking for party really, SCH can solo just as efficiently as BLM on goblin pets. EXP/hour is great, screw parties. And most of the level sync parties I've joined at 72 have sucked if they were below imp levels, I wouldn't bother honestly.

Well, I got lucky at the last minute, last night. After spending a whole day seeking I finally got an invite to an awesome JP/ENG party with a power leveler. Went from 33 to 35 in less than 2 hours. I had to log because it was getting too late, but now I'm almost 37. Once I have SCH37 I'm going to try it out as a sub for SMN, then finally get around to leveling RDM. Then once RDM is 37 its full time SCH all the way to 75. \('o')/

I <3 using /BST sub, its a great way to grind when you can't find a party.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I understand the point behind SMN/SCH but for some reason I still feel safer with /WHM since you have stoneskin and blink (that you don't need to waste a BP for)..

I just suggest all of you solo to 52 (or 60 if you are brass balled) who are reading this... it's not hard and it's much better exp than parties 80% of the time. <_<

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Getting invites on SCH downright sucked. To most parties, you serve as nothing more than a cheap WHM, and at later levels, a RDM can easily replace a WHM if the rest of the party is well balanced and not retarded. I did looooooots of campaign battles while lfg, and I went days without an invite, so I know what you're going through.

But in the end, I think the only thing I use my SCH for nowadays is for fun and for Cerberus. :\ (Accession+Paralyna/Erase is nice for Ululation and/or Gates of Hades).

PRINCESS NEWMUMMY
    space mini!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

My SCH invites sucked pre-40. After 40 the only thing holding back my invites was the general lack of players lfg in my range which is true of many jobs in the sub-50 range. With level sync that *should* be less of an issue. Last weekend I went from 54 to 59 in an LS level sync party.

The thing is in ToAU areas with a BRD or COR in the party the difference between a WHM, SCH or RDM healing is almost nil. You can invite any of them and aside from Accession + status removal there isn't much to make SCH stand out. So I think people just go with the old standbys. But for my money, I'd pick a SCH over WHM or RDM at 55+ (after leveling all 3 jobs 50+). But at least SCH can solo like a BLM for good exp if you can't get a party.

I leveled SCH to 37 right after WotG came out, so invites were fast then. Then I stopped playing for a while and came back and leveled SMN51->75. Now I'm back on SCH and so far (37->59) I get plenty of invites...certainly faster than I was getting them on SMN.

As much fun as /bst can be (especially if your job has sleep) soloing pets with /nin or /rdm is just faster most of the time. If you're really desperate for a party you'll just have to make your own. I duoed almost all of 40 -> 70 so all the consolation I have is that pets can be quite nice exp.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I found SCH to be slow to level (stopped at 38 for whm sj). Definitely make your own parties and if the /bst soloing isn't working well for you try a BLM soloing guide instead. You can solo/duo worms and bst pets for decent xp in a lot of level ranges.