+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

pol.exe error when shutting down

With all the hacking going on this makes me nervous.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30.../polerror2.jpg

Should I be worried? This happens every time I use the /shutdown command or if I try to exit from FFXI back into the POL.exe screen. I use windower and all the standard plugins but nothing else on top of that. I haven't made any major changes to the way I play ffxi or the plugins I use.

I do nightly virus scans with symantec 11, and semi-regular scans with ad-aware 2008. Also firefox noscript adblock etc etc... I'm pretty sure my PC is locked down.

The first time I noticed it was saturday the 13th. The day before I had installed Visual Studio 2003 for a class that I'm taking and I'm wondering if that could be the culprit. I'd rather it be that than a hacking, thats for sure...

PRINCESS NEWMUMMY
    space mini!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It's been happening to me too the last few days. Come of think of it I think it's since I downloaded the fixed Windower hook.dll. Hmm...

*Edit*

http://forums.windower.net/index.php?showtopic=13347

I bet it's the distance plugin for me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Aha, thats a good point. I completely forgot I had upgraded to the newest windower.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah it's definitely to do with the lastest version of Windower. It's not a big problem and I reckon it will be fixed before long. Some people were saying that they just shut the game down from within the windower console and couldn't understand why everyone else didn't do the same. But I play with a gamepad and it's so much easier to just select "shutdown" from the game menu. Or even type /shutdown in the game itself. Opening up the console and then typing the exit_game or whatever command just seems a bit more effort. Maybe I'm lazy?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i get an error like that sometimes and i dont use windower (only the official gimp-window mode)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah this happens to me too... I was so worried I got a virus that I reformatted :/ Needless to say I should've looked around here first ^^; Anyone come up with a fix at all? Or is exiting the game through the console the only way?