Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Help Confirming Dynamis-CoP Drops

I was talking to Eanae on IRC last night, when he pointed out that they were getting drops off Hippogryphs in Valkurm that normally did not drop from them. I don't know if this is a side effect of SE "increasing CoP" drop rates, but I would like some help confirming which AF-1/Accessories are dropping from what mobs.

Below are links to the current DynamisBums CoP zone pages. If you notice anything is dropping in your runs that does not correspond to what is on these pages, could you please let us know?

http://www.dynamisbums.com/strategy/bub.html
    http://www.dynamisbums.com/strategy/quf.html
    http://www.dynamisbums.com/strategy/val.html
    http://www.dynamisbums.com/strategy/tav.html

Lets cut to what really matters, locating every area that can drop valor cape now.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Lets cut to what really matters, locating every area that can drop valor cape now.
    ^

While not listed explictlly on those pages we got BLU cape off rabbits and dhamels. This surprised us (well the drop off rabbits did) because those are unpaired mobs in Bubu which leads to the speculation that either BLU drops off multiple pairs or the pairing for new accesories in Bubu is different. We didnt fight Mandagoras or Crawlers so dont have data either way to make a call on these.

We also got two PUP capes off Cockatrice

Our other accessory drops were from expected mobs.
    BLM & DRG off crabs
    PLD off Efts
    MNK off Urangites

Edit: for completion sake here is what -1 dropped off which mob
    RDM-1 / WAR-1 off Crabs
    BLU-1 off Efts
    COR-1 was either off Efts or Rabbits but I think it was Rabbits
    BST-1/MNK-1 off Rabbits

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I meant to mention this after our Valkurm run, but we got a Beastmaster accessory drop off of a Manticore before the update. I screenshotted it but since reformatted my computer. I know someone else in my LS screenshotted it too but I forget who.

Either way, BST belt drops off Manticores.

BST has always been from Manticores. I wonder about the Buburimu thing, pre-patch it was a pair of drops to a pair of mobs, which adding 2 more accessories without adding 2 more sets of mobs would cause imbalance. Maybe they added BLU to 5 mobs and PUP to 5 mobs with 40% of the drop rate of the other accessories?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    BST has always been from Manticores. I wonder about the Buburimu thing, pre-patch it was a pair of drops to a pair of mobs, which adding 2 more accessories without adding 2 more sets of mobs would cause imbalance. Maybe they added BLU to 5 mobs and PUP to 5 mobs with 40% of the drop rate of the other accessories?
    The sources all say BST are off the others, not off manticores. *shrug*

I was just going off this old-ass thread http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showt...23#post1410823

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Figures the oldest sources are the correct ones. <_<

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The error on our strategy page for Valkurm is an old one; I knew one was wrong already (WAR), but every time I sat down to update the page, I couldn't remember what the other wrong one was (BST). I'd gotten them switched thinking BST was from Hippogryphs from an old screenshot of a Treasure Pool, when we'd just cleared Manticores just before moving on from Cirrate Christelle.

Thanks for the correction.

I'd say the biggest mystery to get to the bottom of at this point is the unusual pairing of bunnies and dhalmels for BLU Cape. It could be give credence to BLU dropping off multiple sets or it could be just be another inconsistency such as COR Legs and Feet dropping in the wrong CoP zone based on their level. I updated the the list again in the other thread to include Sheep dropping BLU cape in Valkurm.