Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jailers and the WoJ     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Jailers and the WoJ

Few questions regarding outside jailers other than JoL and obviously AV,

When using the WoJ technique,

-Can JoJ still Charm, and will pets still be within Mijin range?

-Can JoH still cast spells?

-Can JoP still warp to the player with hate?

Doing some low-man jailers, and just trying to figure out the best possible approaches for each one. Thanks in advance.^^

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Very intrested in this as well as me and some friends have been discussing low-manning these, some of them claim that it works well but none of them have first hand experience, would like to hear what peoples experiences with this are.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty sure it's a bannable offense.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I never hung around to watch, but I've seen some people doing it (about 8-9 months ago I think?), so it's possible but, I don't know specifics.

Also, probably bannable if someone walks by and gets butthurt about you doing it that way, so be careful.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty sure someone posted a while back about having issues with prudence warping underground and depopping when they tried this

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

So like, as it is not "expected" that you know this is a bannable offense, you're obviously going to get a warning before you get banned. Which means 90% of the time no one is gonna know. I'm actually quite interested in this, as it would be kind of fun to low man Justice or Hope. I tried testing out the WoJ with a goldfish, I stunned it and like 2 seconds later it declaimed and walked away, so next time I drained it and the same effect.

But anyone with personal experience with the wall on jailers would be nice to hear from ~
    I keep looking at the page hoping for information and I keep reading the same post "It's a bannable offense!"

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

How low is lowman? Hope can be killed by 6, Prudence probably by 3 RDM/NIN (1 with powder boots) only Justice is kind of hard but I think it can be TP burned with ~9 if you save TP for the babies to kill them fast (they have ~1500 hp, i think)

Thanks Rith. I'm pretty sure that we could kill Hope and Prudence without the wall(by low-man I mean 4 RDM/NIN, BRD, COR), but we're definitely not capable of killing Justice.

Anywho, now that we've established that utilizing terrain abuse is a no-no, can we keep the responses geared towards the questions?

TP burning justice a la bomb queen is sort of a bad idea. The pets' mijin gakure is triggered by their hp reaching <30% as opposed to time after pop.. most of them will be blowing up on people. The jailer itself is easy, maybe some sort of supertanking strategy could be set up after all 6 adds are out.. I messed with it a bit, but have had no success in making a viable strat. First idea was to have a PLD/BLU pop jailer out of party to have aggro hate only, curebomb until all 6 adds are out, then have a party take jailer off of them(end goal being PLD party with a RDM and BRD while holding all adds with a seperate 6 person TP burn setup killing JoJ).. first charm went off on that paladin before the last add was out. Next idea.. reraise after first debacle and have paladin engage/disengage jailer, all adds should be on paladin and justice unclaims so tp burn party can take it. Unfortunately, the adds seem to assist JoJ one at a time in 30 second intervals or so.. on random targets in ally. The adds are weak enough that a PLD/BLU can hold them with minimal support if they had a decent way to get aggro hate only. After our second idea, however, morale was low and we decided to just let it depop and go again when we had more people around. I am still convinced the best way to cut numbers needed involves supertanking.. but this fight seems very hard to lowman.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I saw some screenshots of Riiari (duno if people know this person) killing it with RDM BLM BLM THF. They were using fillmode to cast thru a wall and it just stayed there and never pathed around.

guess this falls under terrain abuse, but it definately doesnt teleport to person with hate, and the pets didnt seem to mijin. altho i think when the pets came out they did tier3 gas to take them out

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

My experience with JoJ has been mostly as a BLM in outside party killing adds while a small alliance focuses all it's resources on Justice.
    All you need from an outside pet kill party is 2 well equipped BLM's and 2 refresher's most notably a COR and a RDM. Two tier 3 thunder or ice spells will kill them without triggering mijin and on the rare occasions that you get resisted on the first or 2nd spell and trigger a mijin, then the outside party is the one taking the aoe dmg instead of the Justice party. Stoneskin and Phalanx keep you safe generally and I'm sure a rather small well equipped melee group with proper support could take down JoJ.
    The outside party doesn't have anything to complain about usually because they get chain 30+ on pets and end up with 4k XP for their trouble. This might require too many folks for what you want though.