BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Trials Weapons in the Past.

Can you not get WS Points in the past areas? I've read numerous account of people finishing their trials weapons and breaking latents on mobs in the past between campaign battles. However, I just spent the past hour-and-a-half chaining lights on Smilodons in Jugner Forest. Yes, they conned Easy Prey; No, I did not have Allied Tags on.

Granted I wasn't counting my Lights (As I never have before; I just watched for the latent to wear), I can say that I've done over 60 Lights. I've taken the Bow off and on. The latent remains.

This has lead me to only one conslusion, that you can infact not gain WS Points in the past and that these stories I have heard are lies. Can anyone shed any light on this debacle?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Given that they've been messing around with the weaponskill points system recently (for the mythic weaponskill quest), perhaps a recent update broke something. Anyone successfully break their latent since the last update?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

It's possible they've changed it recently. But I helped numerous friends unlock stuff on the Rafflesia in Fort Karugo-Narugo, but this was over half a year ago.

There is a small freeware program mentioned in the new WS thread in advanced that shows how many WS points you have on any weapon in your inventory. Try downloading it, give it a shot and see what you've got then do one more WS in the past and check again. Also fun to see how many ws points senji has for career ninjas

Edit: http://bluegartr.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=993

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I did over 100 points on my Radiant Lance yesterday in Phashhow Marshlands (S) while leveling my NPC (WeapokSkillChecker confirmed). All were done on DC Quadav near the fortification. You can get points in the past. If you weren't actually counting you can't say for sure you did over 60 Light skill chains. You most likely overestimated how much you have done, but are probably close. Just keep at it a while longer and you should break the latent.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    There is a small freeware program mentioned in the new WS thread in advanced that shows how many WS points you have on any weapon in your inventory. Try downloading it, give it a shot and see what you've got then do one more WS in the past and check again. Also fun to see how many ws points senji has for career ninjas

Edit: http://bluegartr.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=993

Hmmm if this is clean I must try this when I get home... I didnt realize that the number was stored in memory after you break it. I figured once the latent it was broken it would just drop off. That is awesome.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by sleekmotorwurkz View Post
    Hmmm if this is clean I must try this when I get home... I didnt realize that the number was stored in memory after you break it. I figured once the latent it was broken it would just drop off. That is awesome.
    It's clean.

Regarding weapon memory, it's stored server side and refreshed in your client memory when you zone. I'm assuming since latent breaks are visible instantly without zoning required the server performs an auto-refresh on client memory when it detects the latent is broken.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    It's clean.

Regarding weapon memory, it's stored server side and refreshed in your client memory when you zone. I'm assuming since latent breaks are visible instantly without zoning required the server performs an auto-refresh on client memory when it detects the latent is broken.
    Souce code is provided (very small) and the bat file to recompile it. If you have the .NET framework installed (most systems do these days; and is required to run it) you have the tools to recompile the code.