Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hello Square....     submit to reddit submit to twitter

This is not true the system was made so that they where rare monsters that skilled players could go after(sometimes being up for days). its only became "quick eye hand coordination" when lots of linkshells joined in and just sat there for the claims.*
    this changed again when it became"whos got more bots"

just two or three years back you might of walked into DA and seen faf up(this was rare yes but it did happen) now the only time you see this is if KBs window is open(and for some odd reason there is a lack of ls on your server, and even then it prob be claimed....)
    SE obviously expect linkshells to compete for claim, otherwise what's the point of having 1 min window every 30mins and 21hr cycle to ensure that Faf/Nid are not monopolised by LSs in particular time zone? They certainly don't expect these HNM to stay up for days.The only reason when ppl stop camping NMs is when no1 wants the drop from them. Ppl still camp NQ turtle for egg.

The whole claim system only benefits bot users, there is no real skill involved in the process. Random animosity is fair because everyone gets to claim Faf/Nid.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlah View Post
    SE obviously expect linkshells to compete for claim, otherwise what's the point of having 1 min window every 30mins and 21hr cycle to ensure that Faf/Nid are not monopolised by LSs in particular time zone? They certainly don't expect these HNM to stay up for days.The only reason when ppl stop camping NMs is when no1 wants the drop from them. Ppl still camp NQ turtle for egg.

The whole claim system only benefits bot users, there is no real skill involved in the process. Random animosity is fair because everyone gets to claim Faf/Nid.

On a side note: 1min windows? try 1 second windows

I like a lot of ideas in this thread and i think if SE wants to actually listen to the player base and actually make the players happy, they do need to do something about this. Being a play that has been playing the game since NA PC release, i am completely and utterly sick of camping kings. Only reason i still do it is because my linkshell (the one im in not mine) still has a ton of members who needs items and it will never change because people will always level new jobs. SE needs to do a lot of things to get people away from Kings and make it so that new linkshell even stand a chance at them. Odin was a great start but i really think they need to do more then this.

I really like the idea of keeping kings the way they are (drop rates) just because it should be like, lets camp KB and get a 50% d ring. I just think they need to bring things like D ring or Ridill to a instance type fight and give people more chance of getting them from somewhere else. I can tell you that since NA release i think there is only about 6 D Rings on Leviathan for the NA's. Out of thoughs 6, 3 are in my LS (1 no longer players) 2 server transferred and 1 banned. But to have 2 active characters on the server that are NA in the 5 or so years its been out is a little bit much.

I think the best solution for this problems is going to be:

1) Bring ground kings drops to the KS99 battles and maybe introduce a Kings type ZeniNM (maybe add the 3 kings to the 3 paths so you can either get a King pop item or a Cerb/Khim/Hydra pop item. If you go Kings you cant get a PW pop item.)

2) Introduce a ZNM or Instance based system for Tia (maybe 3 kings can drop a trigger for Tia? Something like tier1->tier2->tier3->KB+Hogg+Aspid->Tia?)

3) Just in general bring out a lot more HNMs for people to fight.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Hogie View Post
    On a side note: 1min windows? try 1 second windows

I like a lot of ideas in this thread and i think if SE wants to actually listen to the player base and actually make the players happy, they do need to do something about this. Being a play that has been playing the game since NA PC release, i am completely and utterly sick of camping kings. Only reason i still do it is because my linkshell (the one im in not mine) still has a ton of members who needs items and it will never change because people will always level new jobs. SE needs to do a lot of things to get people away from Kings and make it so that new linkshell even stand a chance at them. Odin was a great start but i really think they need to do more then this.

I really like the idea of keeping kings the way they are (drop rates) just because it should be like, lets camp KB and get a 50% d ring. I just think they need to bring things like D ring or Ridill to a instance type fight and give people more chance of getting them from somewhere else. I can tell you that since NA release i think there is only about 6 D Rings on Leviathan for the NA's. Out of thoughs 6, 3 are in my LS (1 no longer players) 2 server transferred and 1 banned. But to have 2 active characters on the server that are NA in the 5 or so years its been out is a little bit much.

I think the best solution for this problems is going to be:

1) Bring ground kings drops to the KS99 battles and maybe introduce a Kings type ZeniNM (maybe add the 3 kings to the 3 paths so you can either get a King pop item or a Cerb/Khim/Hydra pop item. If you go Kings you cant get a PW pop item.)

2) Introduce a ZNM or Instance based system for Tia (maybe 3 kings can drop a trigger for Tia? Something like tier1->tier2->tier3->KB+Hogg+Aspid->Tia?)

3) Just in general bring out a lot more HNMs for people to fight.

for some odd reason se does not want people have said "rare" items. i mean do they not see on almsot any LS home page that they are selling items? i looked at one my friends ls page guess what >.> 40mil for rid(and if your in a ls otuside theirs that fights em its 80mil lol) now idc if people sell the items, i just want everyone a fair shot at them. if i wanted to right now i could go find 8 people i know go camp faf and not claim it for prob a month.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    for some odd reason se does not want people have said "rare" items. i mean do they not see on almsot any LS home page that they are selling items? i looked at one my friends ls page guess what >.> 40mil for rid(and if your in a ls otuside theirs that fights em its 80mil lol) now idc if people sell the items, i just want everyone a fair shot at them. if i wanted to right now i could go find 8 people i know go camp faf and not claim it for prob a month.

Yes some linkshells do sell it... and quite honestly my linkshell sells a lot of stuff as well. But if they did increase not the drop rate, but just the places you could get the items.. people wouldnt have the need to buy them because they would have a chance to get it.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

I could see an extension of the ZNM system to add kings. Would be added to tier 4, you could choose faf/ada/behe and they would have a chance to drop an item that gets you a seal for the HQ version. you could then use that seal to pop the HQ, or collect all 3 and have a choice between one of the wyrms. HQs would have a chance to drop an item for a specific wyrm as well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    I never did get why the cerb and khim ZNM nms do not drop the old items, they are much harder then the real thing. Now for ks99 same goes, you know how long it takes to get 99 KS's? and they are if you ask me stronger once again then the real thing. There is no reason why the ZNM and KS99s can no drop the old gear(even if its at a lower rate) both rid and D rings drop rates need to be upped and impose the old drop rates on the KS99s/ZNMs.

My LS does 0 kings. and i am just fine with that. Why is it that 4 years back if i really wanted to my ls could walk into BD and KB might be up. You wont see that anymore lol.
    the KS99 and ZNM systems are both great ideas and i do both, however they where implemented without thinking of just how well it could be used to make people happy.

As it stands i do ZNMs for like 4 items total.(i guess 6 if you want to count PWs list) and KS99 is used to get me maybe 1mil gil and help the bank/get our monks BB items.
    while khimera needs real drops, the ZNM cerberus gained plenty of drops to make up for missing lolalgol since he drops hide + claws same as regular, not mention you can get a better GS off another ZNM anyways.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlah View Post
    A system similar to Ix'Drk Animosity can be used to stop players from using bots.

For example, when Faf/Nid window is open, a random camper will receive Animosity like message and must click on ??? to spawn Faf/Nid within 30secs. If the player is afk, the mesaage will be passed on to next random camper every 30s until Faf/Nid is spawned.

so you see Linkshells just bring 100 more mules to faffles? this is not a good solution.
    I would rather prefer a zeni like system.

Possible System:
    Garrison Tier Drop System:
    As we know you can trigger Garrison with Rare/ex items.
    Add additonal Rare/ex items to Garrison that are used as pop items for kings and NQ verisons.
    Include a ??? in each of the Kings zone to trade in pop items.

level 20 and level 30 garrison drop rare/ex pop items.
    2 of them combined ----> pop either behemoth, ada or fafnir. Each of NQ will drop another Rare/ex pop item

garrison level 40, 50 and 75 drop individual rare/ex pop items.
    Combine 2 of them with the rare/ex pop item from NQs -----> HQ version pop

Repeat cycle.

Note: level 30 garrison jugner, meriphataud and pashow marschlands garrison will stay unaffected and will drop no rare/ex items since you cant do garrison when ballista is going on in theese zones. This is to prevent problems with LS event shedules clashing together with ballista.

Note: this system also demands that you actually dont loose important conquest zones to the Beastman, no allied outpost ----> no garrison.

This is one solution I see to reactivate old content and make Kings fair. with the Level Sync gear addjusting feature I dont sea a problem with equipment either on level caped garrison.

chart:

west saruta garrison lvl 20 + buburimu garrison lvl 30: -----> ada pop items
    north gustaberg lvl 20 + valkurm garrison lvl 30: -----> Fafnir
    west ronfaure lvl 20 + quifm garrison lvl 30: ----> behemoth

zitah garrison lvl 40 + xarcabard garrison lvl 50 + terrigan lvl 75 + Fafnir pop item: ----> Nidhogg
    yuhtunga junge lvl 40 + yhoator jungel lvl 50 + terrigan lvl 75 + ada pop item: ----> Aspido
    beaucidine garrison lvl 40 + Eastern altepa lvl 50 + terrigan lvl 75 + behe pop item: ----> KB

----> profit?
    That is just one Idea how I would handle King pops. in the same time you also reactivate old content and make actually maintaing areas in conquest areas important.

As for CoP wyrms: i dont see a big problem there, yes gaiters are wanted, but jormungand and vrtra remain basicly untouched for weeks/months. Gaiters are nice but more a gimmick piece for me so I dont see introducing a new pop cycle just for them.

WotG Dark Ixion + Sandworm:
    The problem with this NMs is they barely MOVE with the pop timers they have. once they remain in a certain Timezone the LS that usually is very active in that Time zone keeps it for weeks there until the next update or whatever. Claiming them is not a problem you just need dedicated people with /rng or RNG main. Adjusting the pop time to 12-24 hours or to 9-12 hours would fix it.

New Merits
    BG Level

I am of the opinion that current world spawn HNM system should be eliminated from the game entirely. Perhaps back in the day, 4 years ago, when there weren't many endgame players and maybe only a small handfull of endgame shells competing that the current king pop timer was adequate but now (read like 3 years ago) the endgame community has grown to the point where this is no longer acceptable.

I'll use the example from the movie "A Beautiful Mind". As it stands now we have a growing group of men all competing for the most beautiful woman at the party (Fafnir, Tiamat, etc) and as such we're constantly cockblocking oneanother day after day and only one person ever gets lucky. But, if we were to diverte our attention from the lovely centerfold to her not quite as spectacular girlfriends (Aspid, Jormy, etc) then we could reach a state where everyone gets some regularly! As a results we would have a more favorable outcome for all parties involved.

If the devs took into consideration the greater good of the endgame community rather then that of the hardcore elite when (re)designing these HNM then I believe we would have a happier, more harmonious endgame. All HNM should have a couple good drops, NOT only a couple HNMs having all the good drops...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    so you see Linkshells just bring 100 more mules to faffles? this is not a good solution.
    I would rather prefer a zeni like system.

Possible System:
    Garrison Tier Drop System:
    As we know you can trigger Garrison with Rare/ex items.
    Add additonal Rare/ex items to Garrison that are used as pop items for kings and NQ verisons.
    Include a ??? in each of the Kings zone to trade in pop items.

level 20 and level 30 garrison drop rare/ex pop items.
    2 of them combined ----> pop either behemoth, ada or fafnir. Each of NQ will drop another Rare/ex pop item

garrison level 40, 50 and 75 drop individual rare/ex pop items.
    Combine 2 of them with the rare/ex pop item from NQs -----> HQ version pop

Repeat cycle.

Note: level 30 garrison jugner, meriphataud and pashow marschlands garrison will stay unaffected and will drop no rare/ex items since you cant do garrison when ballista is going on in theese zones. This is to prevent problems with LS event shedules clashing together with ballista.

Note: this system also demands that you actually dont loose important conquest zones to the Beastman, no allied outpost ----> no garrison.

This is one solution I see to reactivate old content and make Kings fair. with the Level Sync gear addjusting feature I dont sea a problem with equipment either on level caped garrison.

chart:

west saruta garrison lvl 20 + buburimu garrison lvl 30: -----> ada pop items
    north gustaberg lvl 20 + valkurm garrison lvl 30: -----> Fafnir
    west ronfaure lvl 20 + quifm garrison lvl 30: ----> behemoth

zitah garrison lvl 40 + xarcabard garrison lvl 50 + terrigan lvl 75 + Fafnir pop item: ----> Nidhogg
    yuhtunga junge lvl 40 + yhoator jungel lvl 50 + terrigan lvl 75 + ada pop item: ----> Aspido
    beaucidine garrison lvl 40 + Eastern altepa lvl 50 + terrigan lvl 75 + behe pop item: ----> KB

----> profit?
    That is just one Idea how I would handle King pops. in the same time you also reactivate old content and make actually maintaing areas in conquest areas important.

As for CoP wyrms: i dont see a big problem there, yes gaiters are wanted, but jormungand and vrtra remain basicly untouched for weeks/months. Gaiters are nice but more a gimmick piece for me so I dont see introducing a new pop cycle just for them.

WotG Dark Ixion + Sandworm:
    The problem with this NMs is they barely MOVE with the pop timers they have. once they remain in a certain Timezone the LS that usually is very active in that Time zone keeps it for weeks there until the next update or whatever. Claiming them is not a problem you just need dedicated people with /rng or RNG main. Adjusting the pop time to 12-24 hours or to 9-12 hours would fix it.

Garrison... really? If they brought kings to Garrison i quit. There is a reason no one does Garrisons as it is. Kings are not ment to be accessed through a level 20 or 30 Garrison. The way i see it right now, i see some really great potential with ZNM system.

Tier 1 - 3 paths, all 3 leading to a certain NM (Hydra, Cerb, Khim)

Tier 2 - Tier1 items to pop, all 3 leading to certain NM (Hydra, Cerb, Khim)

Tier 3 - Tier2 items to pop, all 3 leading to certain NM (Hydra, Cerb, Khim)

Tier 4 - Currently Hydra, Cerb, Khim

Tier 5 - 3 pop items from Tier 4 used to pop PW

If they keep tier 1-3 and just add 3 kings to tier 4... hmm lets see if i can draw something....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../ZNMsystem.png

Yaaaa ok its its paint but still you get the idea... first three tiers stay the same but instead of using your triggers for Hydra Cerb or Khim and then towards PW... you can use them towards king type mobs that lead towards a Wyrm type mob at the end....

Anyways i like the idea lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sady View Post
    I am of the opinion that current world spawn HNM system should be eliminated from the game entirely. Perhaps back in the day, 4 years ago, when there weren't many endgame players and maybe only a small handfull of endgame shells competing that the current king pop timer was adequate but now (read like 3 years ago) the endgame community has grown to the point where this is no longer acceptable.

I'll use the example from the movie "A Beautiful Mind". As it stands now we have a growing group of men all competing for the most beautiful woman at the party (Fafnir, Tiamat, etc) and as such we're constantly cockblocking oneanother day after day and only one person ever gets lucky. But, if we were to diverte our attention from the lovely centerfold to her not quite as spectacular girlfriends (Aspid, Jormy, etc) then we could reach a state where everyone gets some regularly! As a results we would have a more favorable outcome for all parties involved.

If the devs took into consideration the greater good of the endgame community rather then that of the hardcore elite when (re)designing these HNM then I believe we would have a happier, more harmonious endgame. All HNM should have a couple good drops, NOT only a couple HNMs having all the good drops...

I hate to double post, but i love you analogy and your ideas. I have always thought from the start of this game there was not nearly enough NMs to kill. When i use to play Everquest, you would exp at NM camps and thats it. Exp partys would exp and kill NMs for items, but in XI there is not nearly enough NMs to do that. Im not saying we need more low level NMs to exp on, we just need more in general.

If SE introduced like 10 HNMs, each one having a priced item (and of course some smaller items) and each one on a more random spawn time, there would always be stuff for people to kill and people would not be able to monopolize because they wouldnt be able to kill everything all at once. (No disrespect to Ruke's LS because what you guys did was amazing to say the least) Most people cant play 15 hours + straight every day.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would like to add that the problem of HNM monopolization, where relatively unskilled groups with unlimited playtime and a large member base camp Tiamat, Cerberus, Khimaira, Ixion and Sandworm with scouts and holding parties in perpetuity to sell the drops also distorts the relic upgrade system.

The current broken HNM system allows these players to extract and concentrate large amounts of gil from the general playerbase which is then mostly used to buy currency and upgrade relics. Since currency is essentially a finite resource, this means less relics for everyone else.

Overhauling the HNM system to prevent monopolization and profiteering would level the playing field for relic upgrading and make legitimate and socially desirable means of making gil, such as crafting, farming instanced battlefields or HELM more competitive as a source of gil for upgrading. Relics would again be mainly a reward for great service to the community, rather than for exploitation, grief tactics and cheating.

So I'd like to make another suggestion on how the HNM system could be fixed. Leave the system as it is, but make monopolization impossible.

Let the servers keep track of how many times every player has fought every currently monopolized HNM (kings, Tiamat, Khim, Cerberus, Ixion, Sandworm). Essentially, this requires 8 numbers stored per player, a negligible amount of storage on the server. Every encounter with the HNM (= being on its hate list at least once) increases that claim count by 1 . Every missed spawn (= NM has died but you were never on its hate list) decays it by X, where X could typically be set to 1/10.

The heart of my proposal is that with claim count > 0, you cannot take offensive action on the HNM, or support anyone who is or was on its hate list, or lot drops from its treasure pool for 12 Earth hours after it has spawned. Short of killing adds, there is nothing you can do to contribute to the fight.

Example: Let's say some group has killed Tiamat. All their members who were involved in the fight now have a Tiamat Claim Count = 1. This means that when Tiamat spawns the next time, all these members are out cold, giving other groups abundant time (12 Earth hours) to detect the spawn, to mobilize and claim. In fact, they cannot fight Tiamat again for between 30 and 50 days, unless no one is willing or able to kill it, in which case they can go kill each spawn after 12 hours have passed.

Of course, very large groups can send other members with claim count = 0 to claim the next spawn, and then still others to get the claim after that. But due to the fractional decay value X of 1/10, their effective membership available to claim and kill for every spawn would be divided by 10, making monopolization practically impossible. Very large groups skilled in low-manning could attempt to get every second spawn of an HNM, but that's about it. For extremely highly contested HNMs like Fafnir, the X value could be set even lower.

With this system in place, Dragon's Aery would be comparatively empty every day. There would be a rotation of HNM linkshells, where today linkshell A gets an uncontested claim, tomorrow, linkshell B, and the day after that, linkshell C. Botting becomes irrelevant. Yes, you could go to Fafnir only every 10 days. But your chance of claim would be extremely high. Tiamat, Khim and Cerberus would again be up and roaming, waiting patiently for people to discover them. You could find Khim in the morning, and go kill it with your linkshell in the early evening, when enough people have logged in. Hardcore camping becomes irrelevant and unnecessary.

With this system, everyone wins. It's like a game-mechanic enforced version of the sky pacts that some servers used to have, where HNM shells agreed not to compete for pop NMs, but rather, to cooperate so that every group had 1 day in sky to themselves.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

SE is way, way, way too lazy to implement something like that. Good idea though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Still doesnt kill the thing that annoys me too much on ground or any HNM... camping stareing 3 hours at darters is not fun

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Still doesnt kill the thing that annoys me too much on ground or any HNM... camping stareing 3 hours at darters is not fun
    I totally agree, there is no reason for 3 hour (or 2+ day) repop windows But, if SE made the changes I proposed, we usually wouldn't have to camp at all. Just arrive exactly 24 hours after ToD and you'll find Faffy up and yellow, waiting for you to take him. Because the shells that got him yesterday and the few days before that can't kill him today.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

sounds good

It sounds good but some linkshells like you have stated have around 50+ people.
    faf only takes 6-7 people if you know it well. Even with your plan they could just send waves of 6-7 people there every day. tia might be up but lets get real tia is not the prb.

then we move onto beh, he can be soloed... just have your people claim and form the pts after if KB pops. it sounds great but the same linkshells would find ways to still claim everyday on kings. the only thing that might change would be cerb, tia, kim, dark ix and maybe aspid(if they have no blms rdy for him)

edit: i am not trying to be mean at all, just showing you how people would poke holes into it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
    I would like to add that the problem of HNM monopolization, where relatively unskilled groups with unlimited playtime and a large member base camp Tiamat, Cerberus, Khimaira, Ixion and Sandworm with scouts and holding parties in perpetuity to sell the drops also distorts the relic upgrade system.

The current broken HNM system allows these players to extract and concentrate large amounts of gil from the general playerbase which is then mostly used to buy currency and upgrade relics. Since currency is essentially a finite resource, this means less relics for everyone else.

Overhauling the HNM system to prevent monopolization and profiteering would level the playing field for relic upgrading and make legitimate and socially desirable means of making gil, such as crafting, farming instanced battlefields or HELM more competitive as a source of gil for upgrading. Relics would again be mainly a reward for great service to the community, rather than for exploitation, grief tactics and cheating.

So I'd like to make another suggestion on how the HNM system could be fixed. Leave the system as it is, but make monopolization impossible.

Let the servers keep track of how many times every player has fought every currently monopolized HNM (kings, Tiamat, Khim, Cerberus, Ixion, Sandworm). Essentially, this requires 8 numbers stored per player, a negligible amount of storage on the server. Every encounter with the HNM (= being on its hate list at least once) increases that claim count by 1 . Every missed spawn (= NM has died but you were never on its hate list) decays it by X, where X could typically be set to 1/10.

The heart of my proposal is that with claim count > 0, you cannot take offensive action on the HNM, or support anyone who is or was on its hate list, or lot drops from its treasure pool for 12 Earth hours after it has spawned. Short of killing adds, there is nothing you can do to contribute to the fight.

Example: Let's say some group has killed Tiamat. All their members who were involved in the fight now have a Tiamat Claim Count = 1. This means that when Tiamat spawns the next time, all these members are out cold, giving other groups abundant time (12 Earth hours) to detect the spawn, to mobilize and claim. In fact, they cannot fight Tiamat again for between 30 and 50 days, unless no one is willing or able to kill it, in which case they can go kill each spawn after 12 hours have passed.

Of course, very large groups can send other members with claim count = 0 to claim the next spawn, and then still others to get the claim after that. But due to the fractional decay value X of 1/10, their effective membership available to claim and kill for every spawn would be divided by 10, making monopolization practically impossible. Very large groups skilled in low-manning could attempt to get every second spawn of an HNM, but that's about it. For extremely highly contested HNMs like Fafnir, the X value could be set even lower.

With this system in place, Dragon's Aery would be comparatively empty every day. There would be a rotation of HNM linkshells, where today linkshell A gets an uncontested claim, tomorrow, linkshell B, and the day after that, linkshell C. Botting becomes irrelevant. Yes, you could go to Fafnir only every 10 days. But your chance of claim would be extremely high. Tiamat, Khim and Cerberus would again be up and roaming, waiting patiently for people to discover them. You could find Khim in the morning, and go kill it with your linkshell in the early evening, when enough people have logged in. Hardcore camping becomes irrelevant and unnecessary.

With this system, everyone wins. It's like a game-mechanic enforced version of the sky pacts that some servers used to have, where HNM shells agreed not to compete for pop NMs, but rather, to cooperate so that every group had 1 day in sky to themselves.

I actually really don't like this idea at all, but aside from that, its just not realistic to physically limit the being able to fight a monster that spawns in the world. If they moved it strictly to a BCNM that you could only fight once ever 3 days and didnt have a world spawn that is one thing, but limiting players to something that is open to everyone is just stupid and not reasonable. A lot of players in this game make their money off selling items and don't do other things, mercenaries if you will and that is fine with me.

If players have problems with camping NMs like Ixion or Sandworm because they don't have enough people, i say try harder. My linkshell has no more then a alliance at any Ixion or Sandworm and we claim all the time. We fight against 2 other NA linkshells and 1 Japanese linkshell and we have no problem claiming these NMs. If people cant get people together to camp the monster with people in the zones, then they prob don't have the skill to kill them anyways. Sandworm can be held by almost any player with movement speed for at least 2 or 3 min while others get there. Ixion takes 1 Shadowbind and a tank should be there shortly. I dont think the currently system is the problem, i think the problem is with SE not addressing the fact that every player in the game wants the same item from mobs that came out 4+ years ago.

If you look at any wish list for any linkshell on any server, the top wanted items will be D Ring, Ridill, Ebody with things like N head A Body close behind. Although they have made items that as close to these (nothing close to Ring or N Head) these original pieces are still much better. SE either needs to bring out new items that make these items obsolete, or they need to bring these items to a new place to get them.

Odin was a great start bringing ground Abjurations to a new area, but it really is just not enough.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Player vs Player Cross-server

NPC outside The Colosseum
    Speak with NPC, select 1on1 quick fight.
    Your mirrored character is transfered into an instanced area (own PvP server with a huge amount of PvP areas).

Once inside you can not change equipment, use 2hour or any items. All status effects are erased, TP is set to 0%, HP and MP to 100%. All recast timers reset.

You are not allowed to move outside a small area before the match begins. Match will start 60 seconds after both players are inside.

You can /check your opponents job and gear.

There will be a Moogle there, you can change sub job only.

After match points are distrobuted, your mirrored character is deleted, you will return to your main character on your own server.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5014/pvp1io0.png

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    Once inside you can not change equipment
    GJ copying one of the worst aspects of existing pvp. fail

New Odin
    BG Level

I think we won't see this for some time, SE has some kinna soccer thing going on in wotg from the looks of mining zones~

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    Player vs Player Cross-server

NPC outside The Colosseum
    Speak with NPC, select 1on1 quick fight.
    Your mirrored character is transfered into an instanced area (own PvP server with a huge amount of PvP areas).

Once inside you can not change equipment, use 2hour or any items. All status effects are erased, TP is set to 0%, HP and MP to 100%. All recast timers reset.

You are not allowed to move outside a small area before the match begins. Match will start 60 seconds after both players are inside.

You can /check your opponents job and gear.

There will be a Moogle there, you can change sub job only.

After match points are distrobuted, your mirrored character is deleted, you will return to your main character on your own server.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5014/pvp1io0.png
    I would really love to see something like this as well, only problem is SE cant handle the lag people get in whitegate let alone the lag you will get from all servers PVP coming to one