BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Hello Square....     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toksyuryel View Post
    GJ copying one of the worst aspects of existing pvp. fail
    pvp would be so much more fun if we could change equip any time..

too bad rdms would own everyone

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Problem with equip change in pvp:

1. Some jobs are better at it and get an unfair advantage then other jobs(nerf blu!).
    2. Equip blinking loses target.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    Problem with equip change in pvp:

1. Some jobs are better at it and get an unfair advantage then other jobs(nerf blu!).
    2. Equip blinking loses target.
    1. Some jobs are utterly dependent on swaps to do their job (i.e. BLM).
    2. SE should fix this instead of just penalizing equip swapping. There's no reason why blinking has to make you lose target.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sevv Zero
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

I was all like oh something new!

then was all like
    =(

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ya in all honestly, enough with the PVP. If SE wants to bring out a Cross Server PVP i would be happy. Thats about it.

SE really needs to look in to the problem every single server has with HNMs and items

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I was thinking a forced pop system would work for Zilart/ToAu/CoP mobs, however it needs to be planned carefully. I may copy/past my ideas I posted on another thread later to see what you guys think about it. Since I do think I am on the right track.

However.... I got some soloing to do before I can post it >_>

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

The way I see it, the HNMs are supposed to pop and be there, so how about a Sandworm kind of thing? Fight the world spawn HNM til they use a move that draws you into an instanced battlefield, world spawn depops, repops again in 1-3 hours.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Of course, they don't want you to have rare items.. I think most people fail to realize that you pay monthly fees. Many people have quit because they felt like they didn't have much else to accomplish in the game. Now, had they felt that way sooner, they'd have quit sooner and paid less monthly fees. SE is a business, FFXI is a product. That's what it boils down to. They want your money and they're gonna sucker you into giving it to them as long as they can. They don't want you to "beat" the game, because then you'll stop paying them. Thus why salvage drops rates are so terrible, HNM windows are so long, and not only do you have to claim against dozens of bots, you have to get the desired drop and win it versus ~17 other people.... What do you think is the logical reason that you have to wait until JP midnight for quests and items? That's one more day you're almost guaranteed to have your account. All of that wait time adds up. Look at your playtime, and think about how much of that time was spent waiting, put that into months and that's all fees they got from you just from their game design. I'm just saying, don't expect them to change things like this. That's why they don't want to give away AV and PW secrets... so people will spend more time trying to figure it out.

TL;DR Time is money.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's a shitty business model though. What other subscription service works this way? What if you got your magazine one sentence at a time? That way to finish reading what you started you had to wait 1 more day to see the next one. I'd cancel my magazine subscription long before I worried about finishing the article. TBH I'm much more likely to quit FFXI from frustration with poor design than "winning" the game--there is too much content out there.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

That's the twist, the gimmick... You (we) continue to play, no matter how frustrating and disgusting (and inconvenient) it becomes. I'd compare it to drugs.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Spoon San
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Along with the ideas everyone else has posted, why don't they increase the difficulty of them period? Bring them up to 2009 standards... Make them -all- unsleepable. Especially Tiamat. The newest fail LS on kujata LegendLS wouldnt be able to kill Tiamat if they couldnt sleep it (They already have problems when they do sleep it on the ground). I think this would add a new playing field.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyerieri View Post
    Along with the ideas everyone else has posted, why don't they increase the difficulty of them period? Bring them up to 2009 standards... Make them -all- unsleepable. Especially Tiamat. The newest fail LS on kujata LegendLS wouldnt be able to kill Tiamat if they couldnt sleep it (They already have problems when they do sleep it on the ground). I think this would add a new playing field.
    ^ This

A major problem is that most "HNMs" are just too damn easy now. Wyrms should be immune to sleep, KB should be immune to gravity, cerb/khim should use their uber moves above 25/35%, etc.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

If they increased the difficulty, Legends wouldn't be able to kill Fafnir. Their last one died in just under 56 minutes....

I've been wanting a rage timer on tiamat for a long time. Making it unsleepable would be a little harsh, because we use that method to manaburn tiamat and kill her in 30 minutes. So, if anything, having it sleepable benefits us and everyone around us not having to wait 4 hours for it to die. However a 1-2 hour rage timer would eliminate most groups.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Making a R/EX version of Gaiters just changes its place of purchase from Rolanberry Fields to the Chasm. Also, why are we moving drops away from these NMs and complaining that some NMs such as hydra don't give enough rewards? If anything, it would make more sense to just increase the drop rates and make an instanced pop NM that drops R/EX versions of the item. You could also share loot among HNMs so that the ones with less reward such as Hydra can give more potent rewards.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Spoon San
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Stabmegently View Post
    If they increased the difficulty, Legends wouldn't be able to kill Fafnir. Their last one died in just under 56 minutes....

I've been wanting a rage timer on tiamat for a long time. Making it unsleepable would be a little harsh, because we use that method to manaburn tiamat and kill her in 30 minutes. So, if anything, having it sleepable benefits us and everyone around us not having to wait 4 hours for it to die. However a 1-2 hour rage timer would eliminate most groups.
    Ok fair enough. Maybe make him resist sleep more. There last Tiamat was just wow fail. Enough to be in the epic fail thread

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stabmegently View Post
    Of course, they don't want you to have rare items.. I think most people fail to realize that you pay monthly fees. Many people have quit because they felt like they didn't have much else to accomplish in the game. Now, had they felt that way sooner, they'd have quit sooner and paid less monthly fees. SE is a business, FFXI is a product. That's what it boils down to. They want your money and they're gonna sucker you into giving it to them as long as they can. They don't want you to "beat" the game, because then you'll stop paying them. Thus why salvage drops rates are so terrible, HNM windows are so long, and not only do you have to claim against dozens of bots, you have to get the desired drop and win it versus ~17 other people.... What do you think is the logical reason that you have to wait until JP midnight for quests and items? That's one more day you're almost guaranteed to have your account. All of that wait time adds up. Look at your playtime, and think about how much of that time was spent waiting, put that into months and that's all fees they got from you just from their game design. I'm just saying, don't expect them to change things like this. That's why they don't want to give away AV and PW secrets... so people will spend more time trying to figure it out.

TL;DR Time is money.
    I dunno, I think that's kind of a BS statement. Sure some would quit but if they didn't make everything take an ungodly amount of time I think people could expand on different things, leveling new jobs, other events, etc.

Honestly, with all these events SE keeps adding I'm just getting burnt out.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Off-the-wall idea for NM spawns like Fafnir: Could you combine spawn conditions of mobs like Cemetery Cherry and King arthro with Despot's spawn condition?

In other words instead of Fafnir/Nidhogg spawning, 5-6 mobs (say, Wyvern type mobs) spawn. One of the 5-6 would be the placeholder for the actual NM. Once all 5-6 die, HNM spawns claimed to the alliance/party that killed the PH. May be able to do the same thing with the other HNMs under constant lockdown.

Again, just a thought

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

that idea is actually not bad. still has a few flaws though. a ls could take a army of blm's and just aga spell every placeholder to guarantee they get faffy or whatever other nm ya wanna switch the pop conditions on

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Increased frequency of spawn (every hour would be good) is definitely the best way to go if they want to keep World Spawns... it'll make it a bit more plausible.

Every mob should have a rage timer as well to prevent holding for any period of time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4