Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Lampoon

It's because Re/Ex items cannot be traded they stay in treasure pool a full duration (4mins) to allow ample time to lot on them.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
    I always thought that Re/Ex items have a pre-set percentile drop rate and no amount of TH has any affect on randomizer responsible for how often it drops. Of course there also non-Re/Ex items who can be improved by TH based on again a preset amount of drops per monster (i.e. can drop 1~3 Beehive Chips per kill)
    2 swift belt runs going 3/5 and 5/8 would tend to disagree with that assumption. I've heard people say they went 1/10 or 1/20 on swift belt.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    It's interesting to note, but don't find it too odd. In dynamis, the synth materials are (always?) force autosorted first. It leads me to believe there's a priority of force sorted items. Might be a clue in unlocking the TH secret :3
    Dynamis currency stays in the pool until it gets pushed out by other dynamis currency. Relic armor is only pushed out by relic armor.

Dynamis Treasure Pool Priority (in order of highest to lowest)

Relic Armor
    Dynamis Currency (singles and 100's have same priority)
    All other items

Note, these are only my own observations based on 2 years of doing dynamis.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by zantes View Post
    100% statistically is not the same as 100%.
    depends on how you define it.

put another way: if we're talking about doubling .5 average drop rate, we get a 1.0 average drop rate. if the drop in question is a binary choice (it can never drop 2 of them) then a 1.0 average drop rate is only achievable if it always drops.

so it's either not 100% (statistically or otherwise) or it's a multiple drop capable item (like wind crystals). you can't have a CI for programmed values - although our model could, a model shouldn't predict 100% for something that is demonstrably not 100% etc.

2 swift belt runs going 3/5 and 5/8 would tend to disagree with that assumption. I've heard people say they went 1/10 or 1/20 on swift belt.
    I went 0/8 with treasure hunter II so it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility that TH doesn't matter. (I'm not going to run the probabilities assuming fixed drop rates) - I'm not going to go back.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's possible we got really lucky (well, we did obviously) but having 2 runs with a good drop rate makes it less likely that we hit 2 good streaks of luck. It is still possible though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It's possible we got really lucky (well, we did obviously) but having 2 runs with a good drop rate makes it less likely that we hit 2 good streaks of luck. It is still possible though.
    no it's more likely I went really unlucky.

the reported drop rate is around 40-45%. so going 3/5 and 5/8 is only a little better than expected.

I went 0/8 (alot worse than expected, should've seen 3 belts) but it works out in the end: I went 1/3 on velocious belt.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
    It's because Re/Ex items cannot be traded they stay in treasure pool a full duration (4mins) to allow ample time to lot on them.
    10mins

Quote Originally Posted by Toksyuryel View Post
    10mins
    Pretty sure abjurations aren't there ten minutes, or I'd never have had m.body abj rotting on my toon.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd View Post
    Divisor's theory of TH+1 being a static 1% drop rate to any item has long been debunked, mostly with informal testing. It's mostly a coincidence that the monster he tested on happened to have those results when he tested them. Unfortunately, his sample size was also too small to conclude what he did, sufficiently.
    Would you happen to have a link to the debunking? I haven't seen anything at all of the sort since I originally read his thread. His sample size is a bit too small to measure a 1% change properly, but honestly not many people would even bother trying to go that high. :/

edit: Nvm the above request, just found the other TH thread.

.. <.<; Items stay in the treasure pool for 5 minutes unless everybody in the alliance/party has passed and/or lotted or something else drop.s always. Whenever an item is pushed out of the pool into someones inventory automatically because something dropped it is always the item that was in the pool the longest. There is an exception though: In dynamis relics can not be pushed out of the pool an into an inventory by anything except relics. Currency can only be pushed out by currency and relics. And synth materials can be pushed out by both. I'm not sure about 100 pieces but they probably follow normal currency, and I don't know about weapons because honestly, who cares about weapons enough to even pay attention to them?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    .. <.<; Items stay in the treasure pool for 5 minutes unless everybody in the alliance/party has passed and/or lotted or something else drop.s always. Whenever an item is pushed out of the pool into someones inventory automatically because something dropped it is always the item that was in the pool the longest. There is an exception though: In dynamis relics can not be pushed out of the pool an into an inventory by anything except relics. Currency can only be pushed out by currency and relics. And synth materials can be pushed out by both. I'm not sure about 100 pieces but they probably follow normal currency, and I don't know about weapons because honestly, who cares about weapons enough to even pay attention to them?
    cells in salvage will be pushed before ex gear, coinpurses before gear but after cells etc. weapons in dynamis are pushed after materials but before currency (same slot as exp scrolls).

and beastman seals etc (also ex) stay in longer than crystals and shit. so I'm pretty sure ex only being pushed out by other ex is a global trait of all treasure pools everywhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8