Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

One thing that might be worth testing is how this affects resist rate. It's possible, though unlikely, that when the crit activates the spell can't be resisted. Or, like the above poster suggests, a magic crit could just give m.acc +10 as well as MAB+10.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sargas View Post
    One thing that might be worth testing is how this affects resist rate. It's possible, though unlikely, that when the crit activates the spell can't be resisted. Or, like the above poster suggests, a magic crit could just give m.acc +10 as well as MAB+10.
    Something like this would be almost impossible to test in a timely manner. The proc rate of 5% is really low and you need an absolutely insane number of attempts to statistically show it has MACC+10.

Going to have to leave this one up in the air probably.

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    As soon as they say what Campaign Rank you have to be I'll start getting ready to do it.

Copper Emblem in Sandy.. basically the lowest, or something close to.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, i supposed so. The only way i can imagine to discover such an "hidden effect" would be to analyze data from parsers, not only done for testing but in general. Else it is nearly impossible to gather a sample with an interesting size :s

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You'd think that a crit. would work like a normal crit hit, which means if the magic crit does hit, it's gonna be 100% unresisted. would be nice on things that resist the crap out of Blm's maybe.

Edit: Nvm, I got beaten too it /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira View Post
    Copper Emblem in Sandy.. basically the lowest, or something close to.
    LOL <3

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If it works like melee crit then that means it Ignores Mdef of mob, not guarantee 100% it not be resisted. Which could also be the case. A good mob to test this on is demons they have quite a bit of Mdef. If this is infact true >.>

Melee crit doesn't ignore def, it just adds 1 to pDIF and in a way of looking at it, MAB does to magic base damage what pDIF does to physical base damage, so it makes sense that it would be MAB, although the magnitude of the bonus is pretty lackluster compared to melee crit. I forgot to ask before, when it procced did it say anything like "Critical! The Ebody Pudding takes..." or did you just have to infer it from the damage boost?

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    Melee crit doesn't ignore def, it just adds 1 to pDIF and in a way of looking at it, MAB does to magic base damage what pDIF does to physical base damage, so it makes sense that it would be MAB, although the magnitude of the bonus is pretty lackluster compared to melee crit. I forgot to ask before, when it procced did it say anything like "Critical! The Ebody Pudding takes..." or did you just have to infer it from the damage boost?
    No notice is given, I just saw that the damage was increased. Not too hard to tell since magic damage is so consistent.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

thanks for the info

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Just thought I'd throw this out there. The other day exping COR on Soldier Crawlers my QD was usually doing 148 damage but a handful of times it jumped to 162. Might this be a magical critical hit?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Baelwulf View Post
    Just thought I'd throw this out there. The other day exping COR on Soldier Crawlers my QD was usually doing 148 damage but a handful of times it jumped to 162. Might this be a magical critical hit?
    Day/weather proc.

You know. It would be nice if there was a 'Critical hit!' message on spells and weaponskills when it occurs. Just to make things a little bit easier on us...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire
    Quote Originally Posted by "Baelwulf
    Day/weather proc.
    That woudl explain it.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    Witch Sash is the best nuking piece with or without that critical hit boost in my opinion though (because of easy sorc ring proc).
    :E Im confused, how does Sash help with proc?
    Witch Sash
    DEF: 4 INT +5 MND +5 Magic Accuracy +2
    Magic critical hit rate +2%

Sorc Belt sounds better to me for nuking though, without counting proc of course. Though Sash may be better on high lvl mobs, due to acc. Counting proc however, im sure +10MAB 5% of the time, is way better than +1INT 100% of the time.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    It helps because you're not wearing a Penitent's Rope, which has HP -20.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    It helps because you're not wearing a Penitent's Rope, which has HP -20.
    Ah, ok, never used one since it wasnt available when I was that lvl, and I just used mithra JSE then AF2.

Nerull

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Witch Sash
    DEF: 4 INT +5 MND +5 Magic Accuracy +2
    Magic critical hit rate +2%

Sorc Belt sounds better to me for nuking though, without counting proc of course. Though Sash may be better on high lvl mobs, due to acc. Counting proc however, im sure +10MAB 5% of the time, is way better than +1INT 100% of the time.
    eh... without bothering to get unnecessarily into math, using the 2INT~1MAB rule of thumb, +10MAB would be about +20INT. 20*0.02 = 0.4 INT increase overall... even using both items, that's 20*0.05 = 1, so gaining one INT overall at the loss of 2...

Nice for the lulz of epeen max damage, but overall it's pretty disappointing.

And don't forget that Sorcerer's Belt has HP+20 on it, which makes activating ring even easier.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Pure damage Sorc Belt is the best. The +20 HP on Sorc. Belt would make it easier to proc your ring, but you generally cannot rely on that +20 HP because you need to be able to proc Ring during Day/Weather and Obis on (no HP on that).

Disregarding magic critical and the +20 HP from Sorc Belt, the decision comes down to that +1 INT from Sorc Belt vs. 2 MACC in addition to 5 MND to double Witch Sash up for Stoneskin gear. My gear sets require that +5 MND to cap skin so I just sacrifice the 1 INT worth of damage.

Also, people have already mentioned, but 1 INT ~= 3-4% Magic Critical Hit. It's a very weak stat with the exception of rare epenis shots.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"1 INT ~= 3-4% Magic Critical Hit" wooow, haha, thats pathetic.