Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Solution to the Peace for the Spirit redoing AF issue.

Hello friends

In the past 3 days I have been trying to resolve this issue concerning Red Mage AF3 Peace for the Spirit which I later learned A LOT of other people were having as well.

The Problem: I had done ALL quests leading to this one and had activated it, it used to be in my log of current quests then it disappeared one day...I called the GM's and asked them...How could I have a quest which I had done in the past yet it's not in my completed quest section?

I asked the GM How can I have a quest disappear from the current "active" section without having completed it? Isn't that a glitch?

If you experience this problem, do NOT throw away your gear in hoping that it will trigger an npc to talk to you differently!

Solution: Curilla will not start or continue Peace for the Spirit quest until you do "The General's Secret"

Walkthrough

* Talk to Curilla for a cutscene; agree twice to start the quest, and obtain Curilla's Bottle (key item).
    * Go through Yughott Grotto and exit at J-9 into a small open area of Horlais Peak.
    * Once in Horlais Peak, head south to the Hot Springs, and select it to fill the water bottle (which causes the description to change for the key item.)
    * Return to Chateau d'Oraguille and talk to Curilla to complete the quest.

After I completed this quest everything went back to normal.

btw.. I did not have this quest active , but since Curilla would not give me any other option I decided to do it in the hopes of solving the issue.

I hope SE reads this, there should be a rule or fix preventing a quest from disappearing from your log!

I hope this helps someone from going thru the 3 day headache I went thru.

God Bless

Sea Torques
    BG Level

That quest isn't a prerequisite for RDM AF, so I don't think you needed to do it to reactivate your RDM AF. Sometimes, when a quest giver gives 2 quests, you'll have to talk to them a couple of times before they give you the right quest. I remember this happening when diabolos was released and people thought the quest giver was giving them the wrong quest, and it was just that you had to talk to him again to trigger the Diabolos cutscene.

Not sure if you tried this, but you didn't say anything so I thought I'd throw it out there. That quest has been in the game since NA release, so I think if it caused a major glitch, they would have discovered it by now. What did the GM say about the disappearing quests in your quest log (my solution doesn't offer an answer to this one, so I'm stumped there)?

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by ferigor View Post
    That quest isn't a prerequisite for RDM AF, so I don't think you needed to do it to reactivate your RDM AF. Sometimes, when a quest giver gives 2 quests, you'll have to talk to them a couple of times before they give you the right quest.
    I've encountered that a couple times. Once with Cid and my trial weapon (gun?) and some CoP mission crap, the other with... some chocobo NPC in Jeuno and my trial weapon (axe, I think) and finding a lost egg/chocobo crap. For one the solution was to keep talking to him, the other I actually had to run around the world to get my free chocobo egg before I could turn in my axe.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Yes, Brutus is both the NPC for Decimation and various chocobo quests, including that one and your chocobo license (oh, that was a happy day). He's heavily connected with the Beastmaster job, so it makes sense. I just kept talking to him.

It's likely the same thing could happen with Shantotto, and there are warnings about this type of thing concerning Halver (missions versus Fit For A Prince; I'm finally doing Sandy and Bastok's missions) on FFXIclopedia's mission guides.