+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

PETA is spearheading an effort for Ice cream makers to use Human Breast milk...

....instead of Cow's milk, seeing as how it is stressful to the Cows apparently. I mean seriously? What do you guys think about this? Would you continue to eat Ice Cream from Ben and Jerrys or would you stop eating it all together? Just want some random thoughts...I personally saw this and got slightly nauseous.

I of course thought of the worst case scenario and imagined 700lbs woman resembling Mama Grape sitting on the couch watching Jerry Springer while syphoning milk from her voluptuous, stretchmark riddles mammaries.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/17539538/detail.html

VERMONT -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

This is PETA's letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield; of Ben & Jerrys fame

September 23, 2008

Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, Cofounders

Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc.

Dear Mr. Cohen and Mr. Greenfield,

On behalf of PETA and our more than 2 million members and supporters, I'd like to bring your attention to an innovative new idea from Switzerland that would bring a unique twist to Ben and Jerry's.

Storchen restaurant is set to unveil a menu that includes soups, stews, and sauces made with at least 75 percent breast milk procured from human donors who are paid in exchange for their milk. If Ben and Jerry's replaced the cow's milk in its ice cream with breast milk, your customers-and cows-would reap the benefits.

Using cow's milk for your ice cream is a hazard to your customer's health. Dairy products have been linked to juvenile diabetes, allergies, constipation, obesity, and prostate and ovarian cancer. The late Dr. Benjamin Spock, America's leading authority on child care, spoke out against feeding cow's milk to children, saying it may play a role in anemia, allergies, and juvenile diabetes and in the long term, will set kids up for obesity and heart disease-America's number one cause of death.

Animals will also benefit from the switch to breast milk. Like all mammals, cows only produce milk during and after pregnancy, so to be able to constantly milk them, cows are forcefully impregnated every nine months. After several years of living in filthy conditions and being forced to produce 10 times more milk than they would naturally, their exhausted bodies are turned into hamburgers or ground up for soup.

And of course, the veal industry could not survive without the dairy industry. Because male calves can't produce milk, dairy farmers take them from their mothers immediately after birth and sell them to veal farms, where they endure 14 to17 weeks of torment chained inside a crate so small that they can't even turn around.

The breast is best! Won't you give cows and their babies a break and our health a boost by switching from cow's milk to breast milk in Ben and Jerry's ice cream? Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Tracy Reiman

Executive Vice President

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Fuck PETA, stop paying attention to their garbage.

Done.

Demosthenes11

lmao
    What about the stress on the humans!?!?

Whenever somebody tells me they are a part of PETA, I literally laugh in their face

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Breast Milk is extremely valuable. Ice Cream would cost hundred of dollars for a gallon. Well-thought-out and researched by PETA as usual.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

inb4 "we all did it as babies"

That shit is nasty.

Nasty nasty nasty.

I VOTE NO.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    lmao
    What about the stress on the humans!?!?

Whenever somebody tells me they are a part of PETA, I literally laugh in their face

Fortunately/Unfortunately? I have never seen/met/talked to anyone from PETA, but I would like to think I would do the same thing lol.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

It's true that cow milk isn't exactly healthy, but how exactly do you expect to match the supply with breast milk?

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

wat

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm all for this, breast milk is fucking delicious.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I had no idea peta's patent retardation was newsworthy anymore

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Anyone who takes this literally is just about as stupid as PETA themselves, obviously this is a meant to draw publicity and attention to the plight of cows. I seriously doubt the people in charge at PETA believe that human breast milk could viably be used in any sort of large-scale production, they're trying to make a point. Sadly, it's the same tired old point they've been trying to make for years - "OMG would you guys treat PEOPLE this way?!" - and no one's listening.

In the unlikely even that I'm wrong, these guys need to do the world a favour and just plain shoot themselves. But I'm fairly certain about this.

If you don't milk cows they will get ill and have a lot more stress than while getting milked.
    Ice Cream would be unafordable for majority of the people, destroying the market and many jobs.
    lolPETA

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

new flavor: breast milk with a hint of titty residue

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Anyone who takes this literally is just about as stupid as PETA themselves, obviously this is a meant to draw publicity and attention to the plight of cows.
    Still fucking retarded.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

This is a ridiculous popularity seeking stunt, anyways wouldnt it make more economic sense for them to push Ben and Jerry's to switch to soy milk or something? And anyways don't Ben and Jerry's only use cruelty/hormone free organic milk?

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

PETA needs a better handle on public relations.

I say they do it so long as they feature the tits they came out of on the label.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe View Post
    I say they do it so long as they feature the tits they came out of on the label.
    That is what most people would think, but would you actually "trust" the labels?

(i.e.) Well, this is what I used to look like in high school, back when I could walk, didn't smoke and did not need *cough to have defibrillator by *cough my side constantly...

Black Belt
    BG Level

XD nice trolling PETA

The Righteous One
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Thank you PETA for giving me something amusing to discuss with my coworkers (that will probably get us talked to from HR).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast