BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

As for the amnesia sidequest:

First Piece: Letter of Remembrance - Vale of the Gods (Right near the entrance on the rock by the diving dig point). You unlock it by heading out the west entrance of The Great Sandsea Desert which itself is unlocked through a quest.

Second Piece: Bandanna of Remembrance - The Southwestern Road (At the base of the rock wall to the right, before the first bridge and after the first alcove).

Third Piece: Belt of Remembrance - Near the Valeria Heart : Shiny thing behind Yama. Can be obtained after the fight at the Nest of Eagles story event.

Fourth Piece: Book of Remembrance - In Melphina: After you enter the city immediately to the right (Directions are obtained from the Bartender in Elysion after a certain point in the story).

Fifth Piece: Boots of Remembrance - Near the end of the Blackdale Second Entrance. (Opened by accepting the side quest from the White Yama in Ghor. Ghor is out the west side of the Heroic Ramparts which is unlocked after a story line event).

Sixth Piece: Staff of Remembrance - Near the Final Fortress in the Fourth Sidenbur Path. (This is opened through a side quest. It's the second chain in the Knights of Melphina side quest).

Seventh Piece: Sword of Remembrance - Aqueducts, at the very end of the first area. It's right beside the second underwater dive point. (This is opened very late in the game, it's a story line dungeon).

Eighth Piece: Shield of Remembrance - Undelwalt, Gefyri district in the circular area by the cages on the right.

Apparently there are 8, and depending on the 3 you choose you get a different Jorgan with different weapons/stats if you wish to recruit him from the guild.

I personally went with the Sword since I found it by accident in the Aqueducts, the Bandanna (just hug the right wall after you pass the little alcove on the right and it'll be there on the ground as a dig zone area), and the Belt (which won't be available until a scene occurs in that area towards the end of CD1, otherwise there's an NPC blocking the way..)

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    As for the amnesia sidequest:

First Piece: Letter of Remembrance - Vale of the Gods (Right near the entrance on the rock by the diving dig point). You unlock it by heading out the west entrance of The Great Sandsea Desert which itself is unlocked through a quest.

Second Piece: Bandanna of Remembrance - The Southwestern Road (At the base of the rock wall to the right, before the first bridge and after the first alcove).

Third Piece: Belt of Remembrance - Near the Valeria Heart : Shiny thing behind Yama. Can be obtained after the fight at the Nest of Eagles story event.

Fourth Piece: Book of Remembrance - In Melphina: After you enter the city immediately to the right (Directions are obtained from the Bartender in Elysion after a certain point in the story).

Fifth Piece: Boots of Remembrance - Near the end of the Blackdale Second Entrance. (Opened by accepting the side quest from the White Yama in Ghor. Ghor is out the west side of the Heroic Ramparts which is unlocked after a story line event).

Sixth Piece: Staff of Remembrance - Near the Final Fortress in the Fourth Sidenbur Path. (This is opened through a side quest. It's the second chain in the Knights of Melphina side quest).

Seventh Piece: Sword of Remembrance - Aqueducts, at the very end of the first area. It's right beside the second underwater dive point. (This is opened very late in the game, it's a story line dungeon).

Eighth Piece: Shield of Remembrance - Undelwalt, Gefyri district in the circular area by the cages on the right.

Apparently there are 8, and depending on the 3 you choose you get a different Jorgan with different weapons/stats if you wish to recruit him from the guild.

I personally went with the Sword since I found it by accident in the Aqueducts, the Bandanna (just hug the right wall after you pass the little alcove on the right and it'll be there on the ground as a dig zone area), and the Belt (which won't be available until a scene occurs in that area towards the end of CD1, otherwise there's an NPC blocking the way..)
    What happens if you have more than 3 in your inventory? Or it doesnt matter you can only choose to give him 3.

Also is it just me or does David's gun looks exactly like a caster gun from outlaw star? > >

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

in regards to choosing what skills to pick for your toons:

i read somewhere (i think gamefaqs) that for instance, pagus, if you don't choose mystic arts for him everytime he asks there is no way for you to get him leveled to the highest level of sorcerer which is the class that has the biggest baddest spells

this is all heresy of course since the community for this game is rather small so im going to play it by ear and might do a second play thru once im done the first to see for my self.

i think im getting pretty close to the end but then again i dont think i can really tell, i just went thru the 7th path and im now in the sacred lands looking for the conquerer, but everytime ive gone looking for him i just get some crazy battle and dont see him so not sure how close i am or not, i hardly seem ready to take him on. mobs are getting pretty crazy hard too @BR 98

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    What happens if you have more than 3 in your inventory? Or it doesnt matter you can only choose to give him 3.

Also is it just me or does David's gun looks exactly like a caster gun from outlaw star? > >
    When you have 3+ you can talk to him... he "sees" an item in your inventory and asks you if he can have it. You can answer "looks familiar, huh?" or "no way it's mine". So even if you have over 3 you can still control which 3 he gets.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

beat it tonite, battle wasnt as epic as i thought it would be and felt kinda rushed in the last couple CS/zones

going to go back before the last battle and finish some quests and try to do all the guild stuff/360acheivments

liked it overall and still gonna get more playtime out of it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hey Takedown..

Spoiler: show
    are the 6 bases/the area in the middle the last parts of the game? Without spoiling too much. I just beat base1 and it was hard as hell... just wondering whether or not I should go after more quests for now instead of trying to get those 6 bases down.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hmm so I got my fucking ass handed to me by the Conqueror's troops when they were attacking Calapaleis. Rush's group got separated and obliterated. Then Emma's group got smacked soon followed by Baulson. And of course I forgot to save so I lost about three hours worth of grinding. So I went back into Blackdale's lower sections to boost my guys up even more. Will probably continue doing that today, then attempt the fight again. I still have yet to get Emmy. I've had a ton of interactions with her but she still isn't available etc.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

yo exo if you are having some trouble with base 1 then you should go do some major grinding, do all the quests you can, upgrade all the weapons you can, make some gil etc

i had some trouble with 5 and 6, 6 especially but 1 thru 4 i only died once. and at that point you are about 3/5th's done with still some major battles and some fun zones/quests

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Takedown3 View Post
    yo exo if you are having some trouble with base 1 then you should go do some major grinding, do all the quests you can, upgrade all the weapons you can, make some gil etc

i had some trouble with 5 and 6, 6 especially but 1 thru 4 i only died once. and at that point you are about 3/5th's done with still some major battles and some fun zones/quests
    I didn't wipe on Base1, I didn't even have a hard time outside... my problem was the boss fight INSIDE, the fucker kept using this ability that did 1200~ damage to a union, and along with his 6-7 union adds it was rather hard to stay alive. Some teams died here and there but I managed to take the enemy unions out 1 by 1 with Rush while Dave's group was on healing/raising duty. When it got down to just that 1 boss left it was a piece of cake.
    Still one of the hardest fights I've had in the game when you look at the whole picture.

But yeah, are those the final areas?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

PC release set for spring.
    Cant wait for my free copy

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    I didn't wipe on Base1, I didn't even have a hard time outside... my problem was the boss fight INSIDE, the fucker kept using this ability that did 1200~ damage to a union, and along with his 6-7 union adds it was rather hard to stay alive. Some teams died here and there but I managed to take the enemy unions out 1 by 1 with Rush while Dave's group was on healing/raising duty. When it got down to just that 1 boss left it was a piece of cake.
    Still one of the hardest fights I've had in the game when you look at the whole picture.

But yeah, are those the final areas?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

no those are def not the final areas you still have several zones to go to afterwards.

<edit> i went and did some quests between 3 and 4 and then 4 and 5 because i found i needed a bit more exp
    <edit2> also make sure you find access to 3rd path once you get to the city to the far east (forget name atm), u get a ton of fucking wicked acc's and recipe/materials in there

final boss spoiler kinda
    Spoiler: show

the final boss fight is sixth path > seventh path > sacred lands > dragon fight > boss fight > boss fight. dragon fight at end of sacred lands was harder then the chick/dude and even the conqueror

i would say the base fights are about 3/5ths thru d2

btw anyone know how to get to the ancient ruins?

evo i think i read that you had 4th path access, how did u trigger that? i know that you can only get some path access with certain quest triggers can u enlighten me?

and HOLY FUCK @ lokis quest to cure his GF's blindness stuck here now think i need to find somewhere to grind from BR100 to BR115 to get it down just so i can take the quest boss down (complete side quest has nothing to do with main story)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

gamefaqs has a ton of topics/threads for the game its way more in depth then i realized after reading most of the threads

to answer my own previous question ancient ruins is a DLC (downloadable content) well the key is a DLC the zone is always there (second path) just locked out

there are also DLC packs with bosses that i havent bumped into yet but they are apprently pretty epic requiring BR100+++

also have seen some pretty crazy claims of hard ass NMs being taken out with one party (all leaders but still crazy nonetheless)

also evo if u beat other bases yet i suggest you go back to your base 1 save point and talk to ghor after u beat each base, doing so unlocks his guild in his city and is not obtainable any other way, i missed it and i am considering a replay just for that

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well I didn't do anything past Base1 so I'll head over to Ghor when I actually play it again. I'm juggling both TLR and Persona 4 together, and right now I'm kind of obsessed with what's about to happen in Persona 4 heh.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Meh I tried to fight that Gate of Hell yesterday and I got fucking slaughtered. So I went back to grinding up. I don't like losing. So the next time I will be even higher lol.

So I bought an Xbox just to play this, I got to the first town and stuff but I really can't get into it, is it any good really? I enter battles and press A then it's over yay.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You want a little bit more action in your RPG than mashing A?
    Try Tales of Vesperia

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    So I bought an Xbox just to play this, I got to the first town and stuff but I really can't get into it, is it any good really? I enter battles and press A then it's over yay.
    Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Enchanted Arms(lol), Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery.

Bye.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

give it a chance it gets pretty fun unless you have a really short attention span

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast