BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tiger masks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Tiger masks

This is what im skilling on in LC, atm, but im wondering if i should desynth or not, because its only 1.1k to npc, and theres a chance to skill on desynths, but idk what lvl do you have to be from cap, to skill on what you are desynthing

Judging by the average cost of the most expensive ingredient (wyvern skins) being only 3-5k on all servers.. just sell to npc unless your servers market is very short in supply of those; otherwise you will likely make less than npc sell price back in materials and breaks vs npcing them all. The 2 times i leveled leather to 100, ive only seen 1 0.1 skill up desynthing tiger and panther masks, so dont bet on much skill there. And... 88+ support would be sufficent for desynths.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Desynthing these is garbage. You only get succeed 1/3~ of the time, and chances are you'll get back a material that costs less than the NPC price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansin View Post
    Desynthing these is garbage. You only get succeed 1/3~ of the time, and chances are you'll get back a material that costs less than the NPC price.
    I'd have to agree with this. Only reason to desynth these is if wyvern skins are in low supply/high demand and you're willing to take the risk at a low percent chance at getting a few back and aren't worried about the costs.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

To add to this, it has been my experience that skillups on desynths are few and far between (especially so at veteran rank).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    This is what im skilling on in LC, atm, but im wondering if i should desynth or not, because its only 1.1k to npc, and theres a chance to skill on desynths, but idk what lvl do you have to be from cap, to skill on what you are desynthing
    I actually just finished this step and I went with the desynth method. I wasn't expected skill ups from desynth (nor did I get any) but, I desynthed for the slight possibility of getting the wyvern skin back (which happened rarely but did happen). Just personal preference I guess. Would you rather get 1.1k guaranteed, have a slight chance of losing only 100-200g (NQ, HQ1, HQ2), have a smaller chance of gaining a skin (HQ3), or lose the 1.1k all together.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Daeman View Post
    I'd have to agree with this. Only reason to desynth these is if wyvern skins are in low supply/high demand and you're willing to take the risk at a low percent chance at getting a few back and aren't worried about the costs.
    Seconded. No real point in desynthing since most of the mats aren't as hard to get ahold of anymore.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to save a few on a mule if you have the space since they do show up as the GP item sometimes.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Agreed with everything said. I only desynthed them when I was short on materials, otherwise I vendored them/gave them to LS people.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Forgot about the GP. Yeah, I sent three days worth to my mule. Fifteen?