• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

problem connecting my computer to my screen via hdmi

i can connect it and get video NP and thats working all hunky-dory, but.. i dont have an HDMI out audio option. any suggestions? i used to have that before i reformatted

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

If it used to work w/your same comp before, then I bet it's just a control panel settings. I've had issues where I wasn't getting video &/or sounds before until I did something - forgot what exactly. The noob approach I always take is... for ex... go to the sound panel and start clicking around all the diff options until you find what works. Can't really screw up your comp's sound settings to where it takes more than a min to fix unless you delete a driver or something

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    i can connect it and get video NP and thats working all hunky-dory, but.. i dont have an HDMI out audio option. any suggestions? i used to have that before i reformatted
    where is the output?

my videocard (for instance) has an s/pdif wire that runs from the card to my soundcard's s/pdif header - so to get sound I have to make sure that the particular application is going out the s/pdif on my soundcard and that the s/pdif output is enabled and not muted.

if it's an onboard thing, you probably just need to enable something; may need motherboard drivers.

if it's a situation like mine you probably just need to make sure the sound is outputting.