Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
Aion certainly is beautiful but I think it's probably going to lack something fundamental in gameplay. Lineage2 had a fantastic art style but the gameplay just wasn't all there. I guess you can call me a pessimist but I really do hope the game does well. WoW bores the shit out of me and WAR looks like garbage.
I think there's some conflicting ideas there, I don't like a fair amount of newer games because, like you say, they do look real pretty but they lack in gameplay and/or storyline (or various other areas, replay value, difficulty etc...) I think it's an unfortunate byproduct of newer hardware that causes games to look nice, but the rest falls short during production because so much emphasis is being put on looks.

Don't get me wrong, that's not to say it can't happen, just that it's likely to not have all of the aspects at once (take SW:Force Unleashed, looks pretty, fun for a few hours, then you realize it's real repetitive and the only reason it's hard is because they've got 900 snipers and 15 giant robots shooting at you).

My .02$ on newer games anyway, hopefully we'll start seeing lots more nice blending of both form and function.