+ Reply to Thread

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Fire Emblem: I'm hooked, few questions.

Hi, last week I picked up a copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (FE10?) and I shat bricks falling in love with this game. I'm a huge sucker for strategy RPG so I'm kinda getting swamped into the series.

A few questions..

1. I noticed at my local gamestop the had the following games available for GBA, Fire Emblem/Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. And were wondering if these older titles were as good as the newer ones (Gamecube/Wii FE games) etc.

2. Does Fire Emblem & Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones have Ike or Griel (sp?) in them? I'm guessing not since when I check wiki. It only mentions this Marth and Roy guy which I remember being in Super Smash Brothers Melee.

3. If Ike isin't in the original Fire Emblem for GBA or The Sacred Stones. How come they changed the characters or story completely? Did something happen in those first two that kinda made the whole story go kaput? Is Ike & Marth/Roy even in the same story/world?

Thanks for any information, I'm turning into a Fire Emblem fag and I'm loving it.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroko View Post
    1. I noticed at my local gamestop the had the following games available for GBA, Fire Emblem/Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. And were wondering if these older titles were as good as the newer ones (Gamecube/Wii FE games) etc.
    Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones are #7 and 8, Fire Emblem was just the first one to get a release outside of Japan. They're both definately worth playing. 8 is perhaps the easiest in the series, since you have a world map letting you do random encounters and a side-dungeon unrelated to the story to level characters, so you can choose to grind levels to make things easier if you're having trouble.
    2. Does Fire Emblem & Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones have Ike or Griel (sp?) in them? I'm guessing not since when I check wiki. It only mentions this Marth and Roy guy which I remember being in Super Smash Brothers Melee.
    No. They both have different characters/stories. Marth is from the first Fire Emblem (which has been remade on DS, no release date outside of Japan yet), and Roy is from the 6th Fire Emblem, which also doesn't have an English release. Radiant Dawn is a sequal to Path of Radiance, with Ike being the main character again in the latter half of the game. So you probably wanna check that one out next.
    3. If Ike isin't in the original Fire Emblem for GBA or The Sacred Stones. How come they changed the characters or story completely? Did something happen in those first two that kinda made the whole story go kaput? Is Ike & Marth/Roy even in the same story/world?
    Alot of the stories aren't tied together.
    #1 is the original starring Marth.
    #2 is a side story from 1, has a few cameo's from the original, but otherwise is a new cast.
    #3 is a remake of 1 (from NES to SNES) with a sequel included.
    #4 is a new story with new characters.
    Between 4 and 5 was a set of 4 games/maps for the Satellaview, I don't think there's any way to play it now, but there's not much point.
    #5 is a "midquel" to 4, set between chapters 5 and 6.
    #6 is the last of the series released only in Japan, with Roy being the main character.
    #7 is "Fire Emblem" for the GBA in English release, storywise it's a prequel to 6 (set 20 years before it), Lyn, Eliwood (Roy's father) and Hector are the main characters.
    #8 is The Sacred Stones, not related to any of the other games/stories. You play as Eirika and have a choice to follow her or her brother Ephraim's story later into the game.
    #9, Path of Radiance, is also set in a different world, linked only to #10
    #10 is a direct sequel to 9, set 3 years afterwards.
    #11 is another enhancted remake of the first game, with Marth being the main character, it's for the DS and doesn't have an English release yet, but it'll hopefully get one. No idea if it includes the sequel included in #3.

Some of the older Japanese ones may have translation patches if you want to check them out, I think 4 has the biggest following of them, so it's probably the most likely to have a full translation patch.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

thanks a bunch, definately going to pick up these two gba games this weekend :D

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quick question, In FE: Path of Radiance. Can you attack, then move a unit like in FF tactics? It seems every time I attack an enemy, its the end of that and the character becomes grey (used).

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quick question, In FE: Path of Radiance. Can you attack, then move a unit like in FF tactics? It seems every time I attack an enemy, its the end of that and the character becomes grey (used).
    Only mounted units can do that. Everyone else ends their turn as soon as they attack. Also, a being in front of or behind a person has no bearing on accuracy or damage.

Be aware that Sacred Stones is somewhat of a departure from other Fire Emblems because it doesn't push you from one battle to another, giving you the opportunity to overlevel all of your characters.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Only mounted units can do that. Everyone else ends their turn as soon as they attack. Also, a being in front of or behind a person has no bearing on accuracy or damage.

Be aware that Sacred Stones is somewhat of a departure from other Fire Emblems because it doesn't push you from one battle to another, giving you the opportunity to overlevel all of your characters.
    Thanks so much for the information!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Fire Emblem (without a subtitle) for the GBA is probably the best in the series, definitely the best of the ones that have been released in English. Sacred Stones is fun too, but if you only ever get one new Fire Emblem game, get plain ol' Fire Emblem. It has the best story, the best gameplay, the best difficulty, really the best everything of any of the English Fire Emblems.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Disregard my avatar being a Sacred Stones character, btw. Regular Fire Emblem is still better.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Right now I'm playing all three at once, Sacred stones is kinda meh.

Path of radiance is awesome, the story is really good but way too easy.

normal fire emblem is nice but its a bitch trying to get S ranks and shit lol.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Right now I'm playing all three at once, Sacred stones is kinda meh.

Path of radiance is awesome, the story is really good but way too easy.

normal fire emblem is nice but its a bitch trying to get S ranks and shit lol.
    @POR: Play on Hard

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    @POR: Play on Hard
    I currently am, its really not that hard.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

New DS Fire Emblem has 7 difficulty levels. I don't even know which to pick. ;_;

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

definitely play radiant dawn as well, greatly enjoyed it

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If you pick up Fire Emblem #7... DON'T overlevel >_> I created a "almost" perfect team with everyone max level and near perfect stats (yeah, it took a while...) and ended up losing because I couldn't even level my 3 main char properly after they get the fire emblems >_> You know you've outleveled when your healers can take on the entire level by themselves just by countering.