BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick Gorget Question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quick Gorget Question

Not sure if this is gonna get answered in new WS thread which seems to be mostly focusing on WS mods, so I'll give it's own. Also this can answer a couple other questions I would have and I can update the wiki completely so we don't have to run into these anymore.

Wiki hasn't been updated for "Expiacion" (Blue Mage) on the gorgets pages. So, if it's Scission/Distortion, I'm assuming Soil Gorget would be one of the ones work with it. Aqua Gorget would be another. The thing is, I also want a Gorget that works with Rana, Primal Rend, and Stringing Pummel. Now, Soil definitely works with those.

I also like a couple of the weaponskills on the Shadow Gorget. I'm not sure if Expiacion worth Shadow Gorget because it doesn't make Compression or Gravitation, but it Expiacion does make Darkness. So, does that factor in at all? Or is Soil Gorget the one I should go with?

In short. Would Expiacion work with Shadow Gorget by extension of Darkness? Or does it have to be Distortion/Scission? Otherwise would it definitely work with Soil Gorget because of the Scission property?

I'll update the wiki as well if someone can answer this question for me. Thanks.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

only level one and two skillchain abilities work for gorget, so get soil, snow, or aqua for it, despite light and shadow taking extra organ they dont work like that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Whether a gorget will work with certain WS or not is determined by the WS Lv1 and Lv2 SC properties, not what SC that WS can make nor the Lv3 SC properties of that WS (this is for relic)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So no need to test WHM Mystic Boon with gorgets then? Simple enough, I didn't want to kill UFOs...

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Dark/Light gorget work for the SC properties that contain dark and light elements, Compression/Gravitation and Transfixion/Fusion respectively. You want Soil/Aqua/Snow for Stringing Pummel.

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Well, I already had Thunder Gorget, and I didn't want to have to farm a whole lot of organs for more gorgets with all these new weaponskills. I wanted to try to pick a Gorget that would cover the rest of my WS Objectives.

Looks like Soil Gorget is the winner. It'll work for Expiacion, Stringing Pummel, Asuran Fists, Tachi: Rana, and even Omniscience if I actually unlock that one. My MNK and SAM aren't 75 yet either, but I do want to level them, so.... this will take care of that, but I'll still need to get a gorget for Gekko. bleh ;/

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hijacking since it's a semi-related thread.

Would it be correct to say Breeze Gorget and Shadow Gorget works for all the big Dagger Weaponskills?

Breeze

Dancing Edge (from Detonation)
    Shark Bite (from Fragmentation)

Shadow

Evisceration (from Gravitation)
    Mandalic Stab (from Compression)
    Mercy Stroke (from Darkness and Gravitation)

The reason I have doubts is because Mercy Stroke was previously listed only on Soil Gorget on wiki; when Shadow Gorget got updated with the new Mythic WS they put it in. I was wondering if its absence previously signaled some obscure exclusion principle that I should be aware of or if it was just left off for no reason..

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

given where Mercy Stroke is on the skillchain chart, yes shadow should work, and the ones on breeze are correct

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Hijacking since it's a semi-related thread.

Would it be correct to say Breeze Gorget and Shadow Gorget works for all the big Dagger Weaponskills?

Breeze

Dancing Edge (from Detonation)
    Shark Bite (from Fragmentation)

Shadow

Evisceration (from Gravitation)
    Mandalic Stab (from Compression)
    Mercy Stroke (from Darkness and Gravitation)

The reason I have doubts is because Mercy Stroke was previously listed only on Soil Gorget on wiki; when Shadow Gorget got updated with the new Mythic WS they put it in. I was wondering if its absence previously signaled some obscure exclusion principle that I should be aware of or if it was just left off for no reason..
    I was looking on the wiki aswell to see what gorgets I was still missing for the jobs I play the most right now (NIN THF SAM and COR is up and coming). Trying to mix and match gorgets on WS to get the least amount of needed gorgets gave me a slightly different set for THF to use (even tho from what I could see yours works aswell).

Code:
    Dagger
    Dancing Edge	Scission	Detonation	Breeze / Soil
    Shark Bite	Fragmentation			Breeze / Thunder
    Evisceration	Gravitation	Transfixion	Light / Shadow / Soil
    Mandalic Stab	Fusion		Compression	Light / Shadow / Flame

Katana
    Blade: Jin	Detonation	Impaction	Breeze / Aqua
    Blade: Kamu	Fragmentation	Compression	Breeze / Thunder / Shadow

Great Katana
    Tachi: Yukikaze	Induration	Detonation	Snow / Breeze
    Tachi: Gekko	Distortion	Reverbation	Snow / Aqua
    Tachi: Kasha	Fusion		Compression	Light / Shadow / Flame
    Tachi: Rana	Gravitation	Induration	Snow / Shadow / Soil

Marksmanship
    Slug Shot*	Reverbation	Transfixion	Light / Aqua / Breeze 
    Heavy Shot	Fusion				Light / Flame
    Detonator	Fusion		Transfixion	Light / Flame
    Leaden Salute	Gravitation	Transfixion	Light / Shadow / Soil

*Slug Shot has Detonation property aswell
    If anyone sees a mistake in there I'd be interested to know before I go bug my friends to kill some Om'Yovra's with me (I hate no drop Ul's). I have Breeze Gorget so I'd need 3 more Yovra organs to get the gorgets I need for all my WS.