Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Djekkie

Lowman farming Dynamis-Valkurm

Got a question regarding farming in Dynamis-Valkurm and hoping someone can verify this for me. More often then not when we do Dynamis I run with between 12-18 people with probably (not entirely sure) little chance to beat Ciratelle Christelle for the time extension (even thouggh AB wasn't too bad with 17 people).

I have number of people who want to get some -1 hats, which incidentally only drop from Dynamis-Valkurm. Now initially there is a certain amount of mobs up at the start that you can farm, but it's not very smart to try and spread the damage from 10k needles over 16 people, especially when it spams *k needles and people start dropping like flies. So, Hippos and Sheep seem to be the best bet but the amount of Hippos is rather limited at the VE camp.

Now, when Ciratelle Christelle is attacked it spawns its adds around it and the Morbol Babies, but the question is, does it also spawn all the other mobs in the rest of the zone of Dynamis-Valkurm or do these mobs (for instance the other Hippos on the way to Gustav Tunnel) only pop after Ciratelle Christelle has died? If this is the case it'd be easy to just throw a mule at Ciratelle after pushing down the Nightmare Flies for subjobs for some extended farming on Hippos etc..

So the question is if anyone knows if those spawn after MB death or MB attack?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It's been awhile since I last did Valkurm, but as my memory recalls the spawns, like Nightmare Manticore for example comes to mind, that spawn near the gate to Selbina only appeared once CC was killed. So I imagine the same applies to the rest of the zone.

Djekkie

Well that's just the thing, I'm not entirely certain anymore what the conditions are for them to spawn. I've wiped a few times to Cirrate Christele, one reason being that people weren't all bundled up and the moment that the MB would be red to the alliance, it would spawn Hippogryphs, Manticores etc around the area where you fight it and whom would unexpectedly rape the people fighting the MB.

Quoting this from dynamisbums;
    Alliances must position themselves to avoid Nightmare Manticores and Nightmare Hippogryphs that spawn when Cirrate Christelle is aggro'd.
    Quoting this from the map from dynamislounge;
    - 024: Morbol NM (Cirrate Christelle)
    Spawns 025-052 when defeated.
    025-052 being the mobs around CC and the bundled statues near the Outpost.

So DB says they spawn on agro and DL says they spawn on defeat. Hence why I'm a little confused.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

at 50% oh CC's HP , those extra mobs + stones spawn.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Djekkie View Post
    Quoting this from the map from dynamislounge;
    LOL. I'm pissed people actually use that site since it was a 100% blatant copy of everything that we put on our site and the guy running it is getting ad revenue from it.

Here is the quote from our Valkurm strategy. It says they spawn on aggro. Everyone keeps reading our strategies from like 2006 and not the new ones Q_Q

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/5270/ccug0.jpg

If I remember, I'll double check our next run. OR SOMEONE ELSE COULD DO IT!!!

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

we farm valk on a somewhat regular basis with an average of 14-18. We pretty much follow the same path every time in which we never go for the win.

1. Pull flies, get SJ
    2. Goto VE area and clear all the possible hippos.
    3. Move west past selbina and clear all possible manticores.
    4. Move further NW, keep poison pots up (supplied by LS) and kill all sheep.
    5. If there is time remaining we move to cactus and try to kill small ones first, followed by rebuffing to take down the big 10k needles guy. A SCH really helps for SS here.

We've seen quite a few drops in our past few months of spamming Xarc + Valk. A 1 hour run really is a welcome break after a 3 hour Xarc

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Has any1 killed CC w/o killing any of the other NMs? We used to kill Fairy Ring and Nantina be4 CC, but recently switched to Treant and Nantina since Fairy ring can be a huge bitch sometimes. Just wondering if its even necessary to do any of the NMs with CS stunners and strong zerg setup since CC dies within 30secs to a minute.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post
    Has any1 killed CC w/o killing any of the other NMs? We used to kill Fairy Ring and Nantina be4 CC, but recently switched to Treant and Nantina since Fairy ring can be a huge bitch sometimes. Just wondering if its even necessary to do any of the NMs with CS stunners and strong zerg setup since CC dies within 30secs to a minute.
    We kill Nantina only and do just fine - I would venture to guess that it can be done without any of them killed, but we haven't done that in the past.