+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Ocean 4     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Star Ocean 4

Little peice on the battle system and new characters and playable demo at TGS.
    [link deleted]

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You have access to a jump move. The implementation appears to be a bit counter-intuitive at first. To Jump, you first press and hold down the jump button. Your character assumes a jump position and locks himself into place. You can then push the left analogue stick in the direction that you'd like your character to perform the jump.

New to the game is a system called "sight in/sight out." As part of this system, you can use jumps and side steps to get into and out of the enemy's field of vision. The transition between in and out states is accompanied by some special visual effects, including slow motion.
    Sounds fun, but also like it'll make some of the boss battles ridiculously micro-heavy if you play it on the harder difficulties like 4d in SO3

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

the more i see of SO4 the more and more i want it to release faster lol. If it's anything as good as SO3 was it's gonna own ^^. least we got the psp remakes of SO1 and 2 to look forward too atm.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

There's a bunch of new direct feed shots here

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7160_en.html

The best one is this one!

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1362_0014.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Im in love.

I don't usually care about graphics, but goddamn those are nice (but lol @ texture stretching at the end of the chair, seams ftl). I will love this game to pieces if the battle system is as good/better than SO3. I have faith it will be. I hope the story is good, but frankly, I wouldn't care even if it wasn't.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I already posted those on the other topic :<

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I already posted those on the other topic :<
    We really need to keep this shit more organized, lol. The threads that keep popping up in General aren't helping keep stuff together either.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Well I didnt feel like bumping the old thread that was in the RPG section so i amde one in general here since people see it right away when they click on game sub forum.

Xavier

Holy hell at those graphics. The battle graphics look fantastic.

Slowly chugging my way through Star Ocean 3, can't wait for 4.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

3 was great xavier ^^. you'll probably have a 100+ hr game file by the time you finish the main story (disk 2 was totally wtf on its plot twists o.O). still need to finish 2 myself. gonna probably wait to do that till the psp remake comes out in january although i have the ps1 version still.

anyone know if SE is actually doing simultaneous worldwide release on SO4? pretty sure they are supposed to be

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Thats their plan as Im aware of, it'll come out on 360 first and PS3 later down the road.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The graphic are beautiful...I will have to buy an xbox for this one I guess. >_>

Character design doesn't impress me tho..most of them look kinda generic. It's nothing awful, but I hope they will be more interesting than their look.

Character design isn't impressive so far, but very well executed. Looks like people you would expect to be in a JRPG (little mage girl, protagonist with a sword etc). I don't think SO has ever had great character design, but I think the most standout was probably SO2.

SO needs more weird races and shit. I hope the rest of the characters are more interesting, but as long as they don't annoy the shit outta me I think it'll be fine. I pray they make a true PS3/360 VP3 after this...

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Character design isn't impressive so far, but very well executed. Looks like people you would expect to be in a JRPG (little mage girl, protagonist with a sword etc). I don't think SO has ever had great character design, but I think the most standout was probably SO2.

SO needs more weird races and shit. I hope the rest of the characters are more interesting, but as long as they don't annoy the shit outta me I think it'll be fine. I pray they make a true PS3/360 VP3 after this...
    Yeah, that's the one thing that I'm not really liking so far. All the characters are kinda.. ugly. :/

They need to have more cute guys join so I can make my standard cute boy party ):

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Yeah, that's the one thing that I'm not really liking so far. All the characters are kinda.. ugly. :/

They need to have more cute guys join so I can make my standard cute boy party ):

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    You must be new here.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They should bring back Indalecio Limiter Off as a bonus boss battle. Would love to see atleast one of the Ten Wise Men in these graphics.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    You must be new here.
    I know he's gay and can care less, but that comment makes him sound like a catholic priest.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    SO needs more weird races and shit.
    Well technically SO3 already has fox-, cat-, dolphin-, bunny-, monkey- (sort of) and three eyed people, they just got hardly any screen time at all except for a couple player characters in each game that all played just like the humans anyway. Star Ocean is a good example of how a gigantic and semi-detailed universe can be rendered largely irrelevant. Does anyone else who read about it even remember how creation energy works?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast