Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Help with compromised account.

SE is giving me trouble with my account. I'm looking for advice from other who may have had this same situation happen.

I quit FFXI back in september of 06. I went to play wow and a good while and eventually came back only to see my information was changed. Unfortunately this was before the Unauthorized Access policy was in play so I just kept playing WoW and decided not to worry about it. In july of 08 i learned about players being able to restore access to their account via the Unauthorized Access policy. I called SE and they emailed me the notary form and i filled it out and sent it back in a week ago. Today I got an email saying my account was banned and that they have verified me as the original owner of the account but due to the date i provided when the account was compromised (i said sept 06 because that's when i quit and didn't know when i was compromised) they were unable to verify it was indeed accessed by a 3rd party. Is there anything i can do to get around this? Perhaps if they check the information when the account was banned they would see it doesn't match my original information?

"In any cases where your registered information was altered due to Unauthorized Access, please contact PlayOnline Information Center for further assistance. Upon verifying the account holders identity, we will reissue your password. After your situation has been assessed, we may remove any disciplinary measures that occurred during the period the account was compromised."

Update:

I talked to SE today. They told me that because the date provided by me when the account was compromised was in 2006 they didn't have the logs to review. These 'logs' are IP logs. They trace your IP and compare it to the IP that was accessing the account at the time of the ban. Unfortunately this person was apparently on my account since early 07 and I had no idea (was playing WoW) Because the date I provided was before October 2007 the IP logs were deleted and there is no evidence of my last login IP to be traced back to me. So basically what it looks like is this person has been on the account since early 07 and got banned and his IP is the only IP logged to the account. In other words they think that this person is me because they can't pull up my IP whenever i was on the account due to it being before 10/07 Nowhere in any policy provided on POL website does it state that any account compromised before 10/07 will be unable to retrieve due to the IP logs being deleted for some unknown reason.

Please any help would be so greatful. There has to be a way to convince SE to check other dates or perhaps an exception to the rules by comparing my information to the account information at the time of the ban

Any information on what i should do to argue this would be greatly appreciated. They have verified me as the original owner.

(i posted this in the adv thread under the compromised account thread but no one was looking at it. delete or move if needed im just in urgent need of advice.)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The reason there's no earlier IP logs is that it wasn't until 10/07 that they changed their ToS to state that they can keep them (and made few other changes besides to make it easier for them to track unauthorized access). If you're reading the current ToS and POL policies online, they're the modified versions that do not apply to your case as it was before 10/07. Everyone compromised before 10/07 has had to go through months and months of waiting, notary forms and in some cases a cold hard "no we can't restore it". I honestly don't know if they would consider information submitted by your ISP that verifies your IP for the dates/times when the account was banned. Since they have the IP of the offender who got the account banned I'd say that's your only chance.