+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

EliteXC "Heat" (Kimbo Slice)

Kimbo Slice fights tonight on CBS against Ken Shamrock. Should be an easy win for Kimbo. Also on the card is Gina Carano vs Kelly Kolbald, Andrei Arlovski vs Roy Nelson, Jake Shields vs Paul Daley and Murilo Rua vs Benji Radach.

My picks: Kimbo, Carano, Arlovski, Shields and Rua. All favorites, but I believe they should all win.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

The tar heels game and baseball will be on at the same time as this, I might tivo it.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ken Shamrock has to be at least 50 by now...

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He's 44 but I mean... he hasn't won a fight in 4 years. Regardless, they're gonna slather all sorts of hype about Kimbo going up against a living legend yadda yadda.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I wouldn't mind getting physical with Carano. I'll probably just watch for her and Kimbo's fight.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Kimbo's garbage anyways so Shamrock might pull a win if he lasts passed the first round, after that Kimbo is going to be running on empty. Regardless of the outcome, Shamrock is just a pitiful shell of his former self.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Kimbo 4eva, he's such a fucking meathead.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

UFC heads fault. Basically everyone wants him to apologize for getting paid while getting his cock slobbered on at the same time? Hate the brown nosing establishment, he's just doing what everyone in this thread would do.

UFC Higher ups: Here's umpteen million dollars Kimbo, just sit back and let us do all the work.

Slice: lol ok.

I don't care for either of them to be honest and will be doing Dynamis and not watching it as is. I mean both are overrated if you ask me but I just wanted to throw that out there since everyone will inevitably come in with a combination of the words "Kimbo, Overrated, Slice, Sucks, lolShamrock, Easy competition, Ass kicked etc...".

If you're saying you wouldn't take free money and not care what the average Joe Blow thinks about you, you're full of fucking shit. Same goes for any sport, NBA has the hottest new 18 year old dunker, Boxing has the Klitcho brothers etc.... He isn't the first and sure wont be the last.

Edit: Remember Tommy Morrison's first few fights? John Wayne's relative yada yada yada, supposedly the baddest motherfucker on the Planet behind Tyson at the time? Everyone hated him, wasn't his fault, that was all Boxing and its stupid promotion. I cant hate him or anyone else for getting PAID for minimal effort.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

...Ken Shamrock? Didn't he retire like 10 times? He's tarnishing himself beyond repair if he loses this fight lol.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Same picks as OP except I will go with Radach. The main event is a heavyweight fight but Ken weighed in at 206 with full clothes on which is pretty strange cause he was ~220 for his last HW fight. The addition of arlovski and nelson makes this card respectable along with the shields fight as far as quality goes. The rest of the fights are all 'interesting' so it should be a pretty decent fight night which could likely run overtime again.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Epical View Post
    ...Ken Shamrock? Didn't he retire like 10 times? He's tarnishing himself beyond repair if he loses this fight lol.
    At last check he was released from his UFC contract last year because he was "unable to perform at the level they wanted" or similar wording.

/shrug, I doubt Shamrock will win, but I would really like to see it. Not much else worth watching tonight so I'll probably have this on.

BG Level

Looks like Ken Shamrock had a cut opened over his eye the night before doing some last minute training and the doctors won't let him fight.

His brother who was set to announce for CBS tonight, Frank Shamrock, said he would fight Kimbo in Ken's place even though he fights at middle weight. He could probably weigh over 205 pounds with clothes on but he hasn't been training for any fight so who knows what his conditioning would be like. Another name being thrown around to fight Kimbo last second is Seth Petruzelli who is another heavyweight on that card but apparently Kimbo's people haven't accepted that offer.

I think a Frank vs Kimbo fight would be most interesting as well as pretty comical given everything that has gone on.

Ridill
    BG Level

I really don't get all the hate on Kimbo.

I mean, I understand the dislike for all the hype and blah blah, but I dunno he seems like a good dude to me. In all his street fighting vids he was always respectful and clean fighting and all that, and now he's just making it big.

Just don't see what there really is to dislike about him, other than other people building him up.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Aggramar

Gay shit, Slice vs Shamrock fight is not happening.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Fuck EliteXC. For all the hype they put into this bullshit, the product sucks.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I really don't get all the hate on Kimbo.

I mean, I understand the dislike for all the hype and blah blah, but I dunno he seems like a good dude to me. In all his street fighting vids he was always respectful and clean fighting and all that, and now he's just making it big.

Just don't see what there really is to dislike about him, other than other people building him up.
    Agreed. I mean I know he got rushed in or whatever, but if he "earned his spot" wouldn't he be too old to fight? I dunno, it's basic business like anything else, lets not forget what's going on here.

BG Level

Well this Seth guy will probably be a slightly harder fight anyway, I really didn't expect Ken to be able to do anything.

Ah man, I really wanted to see Ken take another dive.

BG Level

I would have laughed so hard if they let Frank fight and he won. I'm kinda sad it's Seth fighting instead.

It's nice to see affliction and Fedor getting some promotion on CBS.

Edit: gotta learn me some face smashing fu

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

this is just bad news all around for kimbo. has to take a fight against a guy with a much better chance than ken had who he is completely unprepared for, or turn down the fight which would hurt the company sooooo bad, and probably hurt him in the eyes of the casual MMA fan. i hope he got offered a ton more money because there is a good chance hes gonna lose tonight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast