Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Evaluation no longer forced by NPC after 30 days.

My seal expired after 30 days & I'm no longer forced to accept the current evaluation after talking to NPC. I got an option to accept the evaluation or continue my efforts. Of course there's not really a way to continue since you can't do anything without renewing campaign seal. Sure before I could pull my connection to stop the NPC from renewing my medal but this is obviously better.

Just thought people would like to know since I didn't see this posted.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Your highest rank?

Yea and was before the update too.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fucking awesome. I thought so but I wasn't sure.

Time to boycott campaign until my fucking body(s) gets released.

Also like to mention that before the update on 9/9/08 I qualified for the next medal. My medal seal was due to expire on around 10/4/08. From 9/9/08 to 10/4/08 I did about 12 campaign ops & got 20-25K exp in campaign battles & still qualified for next medal at the expiration date.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Small bump (it's still on the front page!)

This is true IF and only IF you are the highest available rank. You will never delevel. I spent 0 time in the past outside 4 campaign ops Oct./Nov, then my medal expired while i was doing those. You do not have to accept the evaluation but surprise surprise, you no longer lose your rank.

BUT if you are not the highest rank bend over, the only way to get out of an evaluation if you do not want it is to force exit the game. My alt³ got to 'please with work but no promotion' before it expired and I had no option to 'piss off and die'.

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    Small bump (it's still on the front page!)

This is true IF and only IF you are the highest available rank. You will never delevel. I spent 0 time in the past outside 4 campaign ops Oct./Nov, then my medal expired while i was doing those. You do not have to accept the evaluation but surprise surprise, you no longer lose your rank.
    I'm not sure what your post is about. You don't lose your rank until you accept your evaluation. It has always been like this. It's the same if you're rank 5 or rank 12. Therefore if you got the highest rank & didn't touch WotG for 6 months (basically no evaluations in that time), the most you'd lose is 1 rank after getting an evaluation.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They made it so if you're Wings §§§§ you never loose your rank, even if you do jack shit in campaign. If your anything but, you cannot tell the lady to piss off if your medal expires before the eval is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    They made it so if you're Wings §§§§ you never loose your rank, even if you do jack shit in campaign. If your anything but, you cannot tell the lady to piss off if your medal expires before the eval is up.
    Telling the lady to piss off is the same as disconnecting in the previous ranks. It will lead to the same result. So now that you've told the lady to piss off, can you do campaign or campaign ops? I don't think you can until you've had an evaluation. Let me know if I'm wrong.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You're right, when the medal expires you can't do anything until you get a new one. But older medals don't have the 'no' option.

My Wings of Honor medal expired about 2-3 days ago. I was pretty sure I was going to fail, but was surprised to see NPC was pleased with my work. Anyways there was no option to continue effort. Perhaps you're only given the option if you qualify for the next medal.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I was sitting on that Wings of Honor Medal (With the 4 SSSS symbol things) for a few months. I couldnt get sigil, but I could do campaign ops. I come to do splitting heirs today, and he's saying he wont let me because my medal expired and I need to talk to the evaluation NPC. wtf

(and i didnt get any option to keep my medal, he asked his question without letting me choose anything other than "Yes, take my medal way ffs")

this is lame ((

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

its easier to drop and then get it back 5 days later than to continue efforts if you sat on your honor wing for month anyway ^^

doesnt matter really
    its ok to drop 1 rank for splitting hiers!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I just came back a couple days ago from not playing for over a month and I was able to keep mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    [IMG]Wings.png[/IMG]

Only had one choice
    This. When I finally went back to do them after about 5/6 months. I only had once choice left, give up the medal.

Thanks for the info, I've not done campaign in about 6 mo. & was worried about this.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

interesting, didnt know that